10 simple tips for pvp

Last PVP season was very interesting. I've seen a lot of great gameplay. I have condensed the common pvp community knowledge into 10 simple tips so new players can also benefit from this:

1. Thief caps close, then goes far. Use shadow step to get to close faster.

2. Only attack enemy players that are on the node. An enemy player not on the node is irrelevant, so don't bother.

3. If an enemy player stealths up, that player doesn't exist anymore. Just leave and be useful somewhere else.

4. If you play support, your only job is to tank the node. If you die mid, keep repushing that mid node, even if your teammates decide to do something else.

5. After winning the initial teamfight, always cleave all downed enemy players. Then don't push far, unless you've really thought about it for atleast 15 seconds.

6. If an enemy player is harassing your close node, then 2v1 or 3v1 him until he is defeated. There is no point in going anywhere else if your close node isn't safe yet.

7. If someone is upset and goes afk? Try to upset him even more. Then ask him nicely to atleast leave the game pls.

8. After respawn, walk in a straight line to a node and stay there. You are where you should be in the most efficient way. If your teammates are losing the fight off node, that's their fault. Inform them about this in caps.

9. Not winning is called "loose". Randomly mix up "then" and "than".

10. Always contest the node. If you are not standing on that node, you simply don't understand conquest.

@"Happy Yes.1453" said:Last PVP season was very interesting. I've seen a lot of great gameplay. I have condensed the common pvp community knowledge into 10 simple tips so new players can also benefit from this:

2. Only attack enemy players that are on the node. An enemy player not on the node is irrelevant, so don't bother.

3. If an enemy player stealths up, that player doesn't exist anymore. Just leave and be useful somewhere else.

4. If you play support, your only job is to tank the node. If you die mid, keep repushing that mid node, even if your teammates decide to do something else.

5. After winning the initial teamfight, always cleave all downed enemy players. Then don't push far, unless you've really thought about it for atleast 15 seconds.

6. If an enemy player is harassing your close node, then 2v1 or 3v1 him until he is defeated. There is no point in going anywhere else if your close node isn't safe yet.

7. If someone is upset and goes afk? Try to upset him even more. Then ask him nicely to atleast leave the game pls.

8. After respawn, walk in a straight line to a node and stay there. You are where you should be in the most efficient way. If your teammates are losing the fight off node, that's their fault. Inform them about this in caps.

10. Always contest the node. If you are not standing on that node, you simply don't understand conquest.

Very true! Nice guide!

Now hear me out! There are situational circumstances when I disagree w/ your points. But rather than that, I’ll post another link here that Vallun (one of the best at this game in case you haven’t heard the name before) originally posted. It gives in depth information on roles rather than class. REALLY quality videos here.Just to pique your interest I’ll mention one way I disagree and this link will help you get a better understanding.

1. A Tank and a Support are two different things. You should know how they differ and what they are used for.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/124536/rotations-and-roles-in-pvp#latest

@"Happy Yes.1453" said:Last PVP season was very interesting. I've seen a lot of great gameplay. I have condensed the common pvp community knowledge into 10 simple tips so new players can also benefit from this:

This was never done in the last like 2 years of pvp as you need a sidenoder... to you know, sidenode? thief capping close allows anyone to push it and forces thief to leave which also is the opposite of thief's role... so this is incorrect.

1. Only attack enemy players that are on the node. An enemy player not on the node is irrelevant, so don't bother.

This again, is also not true... players who are low HP tend to move away from node to kite, if you let them just run away because they "arent on node" youre missing out on free kills and an outnumbered situation... again wrong.

1. If an enemy player stealths up, that player doesn't exist anymore. Just leave and be useful somewhere else.

Dude really? 3 wrong in a row wp, if thief goes stealth they will aim to decap, your own thief or your sidenoder must attempt to stop that as getting decapped is really bad in any situation.

1. If you play support, your only job is to tank the node. If you die mid, keep repushing that mid node, even if your teammates decide to do something else.

The whole role of support is to support your team, Mid isnt where the only teamfight will be and you must rotate to wherever that fight will be... not to bunker a node, if you want to do t hat then play a bunker.

1. After winning the initial teamfight, always cleave all downed enemy players. Then don't push far, unless you've really thought about it for atleast 15 seconds.

If you think about it for 15 seconds they gonna be respawned anyways like what? send a fast moving player to decap then come back, or all push far and force a teamfight there.

1. If an enemy player is harassing your close node, then 2v1 or 3v1 him until he is defeated. There is no point in going anywhere else if your close node isn't safe yet.

Only do this if you have the time to spare, never 3v1 unless you can kill within 5 seconds or that enemy is doing great wasting your time.

1. If someone is upset and goes afk? Try to upset him even more. Then ask him nicely to atleast leave the game pls.

Sure i agree with this, they deserve it.

1. After respawn, walk in a straight line to a node and stay there. You are where you should be in the most efficient way. If your teammates are losing the fight off node, that's their fault. Inform them about this in caps.

I hope this one was just a meme.

1. Not winning is called "loose". Randomly mix up "then" and "than".

2. Always contest the node. If you are not standing on that node, you simply don't understand conquest.

Make sure you at least kite, in most cases life > node, not the other way around :).

You forgot only Rez signet should Rez everyone else should act like the downed ain’t there. Also bleed everywhere bleed even in team fights even when the support is still up. God peeps love to bleed.And end badges means u was the best player facts so if u get a badge for anything u can shit on everyone even if your team lost 500-0 if u get badges u can say : I can’t carry this anymore.So tip fight a bunker on a side node their cap so they won’t get + and get every budge but Rez

@Kachros.4751 said:

This was never done in the last like 2 years of pvp as you need a sidenoder... to you know, sidenode? thief capping close allows anyone to push it and forces thief to leave which also is the opposite of thief's role... so this is incorrect.
  1. Only attack enemy players that are on the node. An enemy player not on the node is irrelevant, so don't bother.

This again, is also not true... players who are low HP tend to move away from node to kite, if you let them just run away because they "arent on node" youre missing out on free kills and an outnumbered situation... again wrong.
  1. If an enemy player stealths up, that player doesn't exist anymore. Just leave and be useful somewhere else.

Dude really? 3 wrong in a row wp, if thief goes stealth they will aim to decap, your own thief or your sidenoder must attempt to stop that as getting decapped is really bad in any situation.
  1. If you play support, your only job is to tank the node. If you die mid, keep repushing that mid node, even if your teammates decide to do something else.

The whole role of support is to support your team, Mid isnt where the only teamfight will be and you must rotate to wherever that fight will be... not to bunker a node, if you want to do t hat then play a bunker.
  1. After winning the initial teamfight, always cleave all downed enemy players. Then don't push far, unless you've really thought about it for atleast 15 seconds.

If you think about it for 15 seconds they gonna be respawned anyways like what? send a fast moving player to decap then come back, or all push far and force a teamfight there.
  1. If an enemy player is harassing your close node, then 2v1 or 3v1 him until he is defeated. There is no point in going anywhere else if your close node isn't safe yet.

Only do this if you have the time to spare, never 3v1 unless you can kill within 5 seconds or that enemy is doing great wasting your time.
  1. If someone is upset and goes afk? Try to upset him even more. Then ask him nicely to atleast leave the game pls.

Sure i agree with this, they deserve it.
  1. After respawn, walk in a straight line to a node and stay there. You are where you should be in the most efficient way. If your teammates are losing the fight off node, that's their fault. Inform them about this in caps.

I hope this one was just a meme.
  1. Not winning is called "loose". Randomly mix up "then" and "than".
  2. Always contest the node. If you are not standing on that node, you simply don't understand conquest.

Make sure you at least kite, in most cases life > node, not the other way around :).

I donno i disagree with ur take on thief not going close. Reason its done is because thief can cap home and be halfway to mid before any class but thief can make it to ur home node and if a teef pushes ur home ur teef can definitely 1v1 it. If ur thief beats theirs than it joins mid to outnumber hopefully or if ur teams fails at mid pushes far. If its not a teef that pushes ur home than ur thief should have it full capped and be on the way mid to outnumber as whatever enemy class is just reaching ur home node. Once mids taken 2 can return home and take it.Thief is low value in team fights so going mid at start isn't great, thief pushing far gives up mid while a better teamfighter caps home leaving most mid fights 3v4. If thief dies on far push that means u left 3 mid and one at home so if enemy didn't press far now mid 3v4 and ur thief lost far so u pretty much gave the team mid and far which can snowball. Plus if ur teef pushes fsr and like u said teef shouldn't go home than that puts ur thief against a sidenoder 1v1 lol unless 2 press far definitely losing mid and probably ur home node. So if other classes are of better value mid in teamfight than thief than why start mid as thief? If thief can get to home node and cap it faster than other classes as well as get mid to help faster than why not?Also if ur in a teamfight and a almost dead enemy leaves area to kite or reset sometimes it is better to leave them, if ur 2 or 3 temayes are teamfighting next to u and u staying sucures the teamfight resulting in 2 9r more kills and the node capped is far better than u chasing a enemy and ur other teammates dying and losing the node. U get the kill but 2 or more of ur teammates go down than thats a loss. Of course this is dependent on ur teamfighters being decent.To many variables for any rotation strat to be set in stone.

Basically it only needs one tip in 2021: Avoid GW2 PvP, it's one of the best experiences you can have. You can only win, change my mind! ;)

Do it like ANet, don't give a kitten (fo.Ok). Just generate a bot and have it play for you. Sorry, these were three tips, never mind.