Battle Royal in GW2?

Gop.4023

How about implementing the ever-popular battle royal mode in GW2?Teams of 3 or 5 battle (or maybe solo) it out in a part of a WvW map, for instance?

You start with the gear, build and everything that you already have in WvW (so it differs from other versions in that regard), and collect reward-tokens (or something) found on different locations. If you defeat someone you steal 50% or so of their tokens (so you get to keep some even if you loose, seems popular in GW2)?

After the match the tokens can be exchanged for something.

What do you think...something "fresh"? :)

How about no?How about playing a battle royal game when you want to play that sort of game, then come back to GW2 when you want to play GW2?How about fixing existing game modes before following a hype that will be over by the time ANet gets it implemented?How about using resources on something else?

During one of the closed beta weekends, the final day of the beta was ended with an event that took place in Caledon Forest (if I remember correctly) that was kind of a version of hunger games/battle royale where only one person was alive at the end. When the game was over the beta weekend ended and the servers went down. Was fun to be a part of. I think I managed to fight off 2 other people and then hide in an indoor structure until my inevitable death at the hand of another.

No. By this time, that craze has come and passed, and anyone who wants a battle royale has probably tried them out or has one they play by now. In addition, adding a battle royale mode has already been tried by at least two other MMOs so far, Tera, and Black Desert Online. Both eventually flopped. There's no reason to think an attempt from ArenaNet (especially in their current state) will end any better.

And, as people have mentioned, there's Southsun Survival, and another similar mini-game during Halloween.