Will EoD open the windows or close the door?

@"VocalThought.9835" said:I feel there is a lot of pressure on this next expansion.

Also said before any other expansion and even some LW seasons. The question is why people try to pretend everything is a "make or break moment"?And why do people try to discuss and judge something we have pretty much 0 information about?

• Confused 1

@Raizel.1839 said:Only time will tell, I really hope the trash Champions episodes we're getting are due to Anet choosing to spend most Dev's resources into new exp, I'm forcing myself to believe this. One thing is certain, new exp is their last chance to revamp GW2, if it's a fail, GW2 will fail as well and for good this time.

Yeah okay, that is definitely not certain unless you know something the rest of us don't.

@"Fuchslein.8639" said:I understand where you are coming from. But what exactly has POF done for GW2?

I think in addition to mounts - one of the most underestimated things are that the latest living world season has the highest quality areas in all the game with the most replayability and where people play - yes because they reward well but also because they got so much going on and good meta events that they are enjoyable to do over and over.

In short the last lw season areas are the best part of the game, highest replay value most well done. Top stuff.And everyone raging and neglecting, meanwhile all the old content is just not up to par - but no one talking about that. Coz people are so entitled.

The big "problem" is like most other games, that people get tired from playing the same things, in similar ways for too many years. Unless the game shakes meta up totally, introduces and changes the way you play - that happens and people get bored plain and simply and then blame something because they don't understand themselves. And should a game really change itself all the time to satisfy human nature? Is that even ideal - or should you just play many games?

@Crackmonster.2790 said:

@"Fuchslein.8639" said:I understand where you are coming from. But what exactly has POF done for GW2?

I think in addition to mounts - one of the most underestimated things are that the latest living world season has the highest quality areas in all the game with the most replayability and where people play - yes because they reward well but also because they got so much going on and good meta events that they are enjoyable to do over and over.

In short the last lw season areas are the best part of the game, highest replay value most well done. Top stuff.And everyone raging and neglecting, meanwhile all the old content is just not up to par - but no one talking about that. Coz people are so entitled.

The big "problem" is like most other games, that people get tired from playing the same things, in similar ways for too many years. Unless the game shakes meta up totally, introduces and changes the way you play - that happens and people get bored plain and simply and then blame something because they don't understand themselves. And should a game really change itself all the time to satisfy human nature? Is that even ideal - or should you just play many games?

But gw2 is constantly changing? Alone that constantly new maps come as you say and old POF maps are thus becoming more and more empty...And the maps are just so good because the rewards are good. If the rewards would be different, the maps would not be so "good" as other maps prove to us again and again..

If people like that, okay~.I for myself will buy the cheapest level(which will be the first time for me that I do not buy the highest level) for EOD and also no longer immediately. I will wait and see what it has to offer. If it goes exactly as you describe the current lw, it will be nothing for me personally.

But as I said, if others like it, that's totally okay. Some go, some come.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:

@Zuldari.3940 said:Its called End Of Dragons, so what happens when the dragons are gone? The GW2 universe revolves around dragons and their minions. So is this the last expansion?

The GW2 and GW1 universe revolves around the planet Tyria and the sentient beings on it. GW1 had nothing to do with the dragon's except for the only expansion and final big release Eye of the North which functioned as a bridge to the GW2 story.

There are plenty of stories to be explored in the future. Specially cause the union between the 5 sentient races exist cause of the dragons. The next story could easily be about a civil war. But there are so many more options.

I doubt that would be civil war, that would dissolve players into factions and I cant see anet doing that. The big threat has always been the dragons, they manipulate the races and the environment. What else holds such power that is vast enough to cause the entire world to fight against it?

I doubt that in a civil war the PC would be dissolved into factions. Tyria always had guilds as the base of society. The PC is member of a unique guild. The second one so far that has members of all races (the first was destiny's edge). Dragon's only have been a treat in GW2, but in the lore from GW1 it was not a thing for the first three campaigns.

Im not getting you, civil war means wars within a nation/faction. If there was faction war then it would be for example Charr splitting off to fight against humans, how would that play out you would be hostile in the others territory. No more Black Cit, no more DR for the other side.

Definitely true, the latest meta give me a lot of hope for EoD, very fun, and more challenging then the past ones, good stuff!