Bewildering Ambush to Deadly Ambush

kash.9213

What the kitten with this change? Bewildering ambush was a really good trait and it had it's trade off while also promoting different play styles. Regardless if this is to punish thieves because too many people didn't like the Confusion or if this is some kind of upgrade for condi thieves, this change is stupid. This trait forced decisions even if it wasn't super strong like Torment which they also butchered for the dumbest reasoning. This kittening game.

Edited by kash.9213
  • Like 1

It's literally just for PvE.

If you didn't notice, nearly all of the patch notes mentioned DPS and raids as the primary reason for all of the balance changes except for boons and conditions, which while admittedly a big subject for group play, does little for solo play.  A lot of these changes made no sense otherwise.  They called out build diversity and did nothing about weapon skills or bad traits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DeceiverX.8361 said:

It's literally just for PvE.

If you didn't notice, nearly all of the patch notes mentioned DPS and raids as the primary reason for all of the balance changes except for boons and conditions, which while admittedly a big subject for group play, does little for solo play.  A lot of these changes made no sense otherwise.  They called out build diversity and did nothing about weapon skills or bad traits.

i'm glad some one else noticed too. this is strictly pve content made by main skill designers to prepare for EoD, nothing to do with CMC.

while that's that, the confusion change is actually nice, because it is actually degenerate build, d/p while overpowered, it took skill to play. p/d on the other hand, just like minionmancer and trap ranger, should disappear from this world for how degenerate it is.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

i'm glad some one else noticed too. this is strictly pve content made by main skill designers to prepare for EoD, nothing to do with CMC.

while that's that, the confusion change is actually nice, because it is actually degenerate build, d/p while overpowered, it took skill to play. p/d on the other hand, just like minionmancer and trap ranger, should disappear in this world.

How is the loss of confusion a good thing for us and what needed to be balanced about it? How did that confusion make a "degenerate" build?

Just now, felix.2386 said:

do you not play pvp at all?

I play WvW. I asked you because I don't know why confusion was overpowered there because I don't play that game mode. In WvW Bewildering Ambush isn't a huge damage dealer unless the other player tries to go hard. 

2 minutes ago, kash.9213 said:

I play WvW. I asked you because I don't know why confusion was overpowered there because I don't play that game mode. In WvW Bewildering Ambush isn't a huge damage dealer unless the other player tries to go hard. 

lol you don't play p/d dire trailblazer thief in wvw? oh man the most braindead spec in the entire game.

idk how you can claim something as your main if you didn't even play it in most contents in an acceptable level.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

lol you don't play p/d dire trailblazer thief in wvw? oh man the most braindead spec in the entire game.

I don't care about p/d dire trailblazer and if they're out there they're not much of a factor in anything. It seems like Deadly Ambush will be better for p/d dire trailblazer.

Edited by kash.9213

2 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

u kno ur arguing with a warrior main right? Lol. Warrior mains usually dislike thieves pretty hard these days cuz how bad the blinds have been shutting them down lately, cuz u kno God forbid a class has a counter or a build its weak against.

I actually wasn't even arguing with the guy. I'm actually really befuddled by these changes and was genuinely asking. I'm as equally confused over the Torment change although I get what DeceiverX is saying, I'm confused how the devs totally dismissed entire game modes to promote raids and stuff when they could make more unique changes, like maybe have a boss pivot a step or two so it's considered a moving target. 

The changes to Bewildered Ambush and to Torment are going to hit me this round harder than before. I have to play deliberately against a lot of passive and better sustained builds and those two things helped force decisions without having to spend half of my life in stealth.

6 minutes ago, kash.9213 said:

I actually wasn't even arguing with the guy. I'm actually really befuddled by these changes and was genuinely asking. I'm as equally confused over the Torment change although I get what DeceiverX is saying, I'm confused how the devs totally dismissed entire game modes to promote raids and stuff when they could make more unique changes, like maybe have a boss pivot a step or two so it's considered a moving target. 

The changes to Bewildered Ambush and to Torment are going to hit me this round harder than before. I have to play deliberately against a lot of passive and better sustained builds and those two things helped force decisions without having to spend half of my life in stealth.

I 100% hear u but uve been around this game a while now, u can't be surprised that ur confused by changes anet makes, more often than not their random, bandaid fixes that fix one thing but cause another issue elsewhere or don't even effect the issue that it was implemented for, negatively effect already weak areas within thief or the ever decreasing of build diversity EVEN when saying increasing the build diversity is their goal. Honestly all u can hope for regarding balance in this game regarding all classes is that ur fav builds dont get literally deleted due to way to heavy handed nerfs, cuz if u expect more than that u set urself up for major disappointment.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107

30 minutes ago, Styros.8931 said:

ty god they nerf it , really like to see how condi thiefs mad now 😂

I used it on power build. Are condi thieves even a thing anywhere? I feel like I get a condi package thrown at me sometimes that I clear right away. I also don't mash my keys because I never know if I'm fighting a thorn build right out of the gate. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kash.9213 said:

I used it on power build. Are condi thieves even a thing anywhere? I feel like I get a condi package thrown at me sometimes that I clear right away. I also don't mash my keys because I never know if I'm fighting a thorn build right out of the gate. 

You can occasionally see a condi thief preying on new players, but aside from that they haven't been all that strong safe for a few specific builds they counter. In other words, they didn't warrant a nerf. The stealth options made them annoying much in the same vein as d/p, but that's just the result of reduced build diversity within the class.

Btw, these changes to promote PvE condi thief are a meme, when they didn't even touch power. They expect SLB and banner nerfs to enable thief for high end content? Right.

Edited by NorthernRedStar.3054
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

They should combine them to cause confusion AND bleed

They could...but adding in a 25% damage bonus and renaming it really makes me think they plan to replace the trait entirely.

To be fair, the new version will be much more "grandmaster" than before.

• 2 weeks later...

I tested it today on my WvW DD condi build and I feel the strong push towards bleeding. Previously you had a strong spike damage with the 5 stacks of confusion. Now you only have 3 additional stacks of bleeding. Which is damage wise still less damage than the confusion. However now you are forced to use bleeding as your Main damage in order to make use of the 25% damage increase.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FelsPinguin.5902 said:

I tested it today on my WvW DD condi build and I feel the strong push towards bleeding. Previously you had a strong spike damage with the 5 stacks of confusion. Now you only have 3 additional stacks of bleeding. Which is damage wise still less damage than the confusion. However now you are forced to use bleeding as your Main damage in order to make use of the 25% damage increase.

Break out the Krait Runes and stack them bleeds high. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1