What is your favourite loading screen soundtrack?

What is your favourite loading screen soundtrack?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite loading screen soundtrack?

• The original, vanilla theme
    • Heart of Thorns's theme
    • Path of Fire's theme

All the links for the newer players or those who don't remember!

Vanilla OST: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqAhc2yVcbs&list=PL9u7rbRjJmqD_qh-WXX7zSftvxOL5nUhI

HoT OST: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtvnP91PDfQ

PoF OST: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6dCOmAl8tg

Personally, I prefer them chronologically. The original one is both epic and melancholic, it also sounds really unique and it's hard to forget.

Heart of Thorns' theme sounds really nice and does capture the wild nature of the expansion and what it's all about. It's great as well.

The current one, on the other hand...It's not bad, but it's quite forgettable. 

Curious to hear your thoughts, and looking forward to discovering the next expansions's theme.

• Like 1

For me it's Original > PoF > HoT

Original for the same reasons @Aodlop.1907gave and I often listen to it in the background, PoF because it reminds me of the awesome cutscene flying to Amnoon in the PoF prologue chapter, and HoT because it seemed more of a generic soundtrack to me.

Edited by Poormany.4507

Tough one. As a PoF era player, I enjoyed listening to the track when I began my experience and couldn't wait to get to the locations hinted at the character screen, which seemed so far! PoF rly encompasses that idea of a grand adventure to me and it's OST complements that idea.

HoT is pure adrenaline. The theme that gets me pumped up. It's a theme about a huge war in a jungle. That's kitten. Very epic feel to it, you can relate with soldiers marching through the jungle and fighting against it's threats as your character.

The original is filled with nostalgia and hope. As we, the hero, are said hope in this world more or less. I like it, but I must admit less than the other two. However I do love the overtune it was in that small in-game cutscene where Destiny's Edge (?) talks briefly about their races.

It almost certainly won't be. It seems that there's some problems with many of the old GW1 music scores by JS (possibly the licensing did not allow Anet to use them in other games), and JS is not known for being a reasonable person, so cutting a deal and license extension is probaby out of the question as well.

Besides, even if that wasn't a problem, the Luxon theme would not be what i would go with anyway.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1

I'm a relatively new player, so nostalgia factor isn't there for me, but there's being fed up with hearing repetitive PoF theme on every login since I started playing, so my bias says:

Heart of Thorns >>> Original theme >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Path of Fire theme.

Vanilla Ost fits the game far more...
Hot one is good, but maybe its to overkill to had it as the login screen. It did have a good first impression.

And the is PoF. Lets take a a nice vacation in the desert, the same desert that is in fire thanks to a "friendly" .. The problem with Pof one its that we had it for 4 years and still counting.  They lost an opportunity changing the login screen in Icebrood Saga. 

• Like 1