Should I purchased lws4 and icebrood saga?

I recently came back to the game. bought pof, but im now missing lws4 and icebrood saga. I know that they will be releasing episodes for free soon but lws4 and icebrood saga will come by the end of that cycle, which could be a couple months down the line. Would you guys suggest i wait for the release of the episodes or is it worth me getting them now bc all the content locked behind them? I have the gold to buy the gems, i could also just pull out the credit card but idk what the best move would be. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

37 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well considring some maps are quite dead, it might be good to wait for the boom when they get released.

I see. Guess I'll be waiting. Is there any chapter/s i should purchase right now, or would you just recommend i wait for all? 

They're going to be free for a week each soon, so just wait.  Also the maps aren't dead and those saying they are are really saying they're not zerged. I play on Season 4 and Icebrood Saga maps all the time, do the metas, get the events done. I'm not sure why anyone would say they're dead...but they're not packed either.   This is hyperbole pure and simple.

• Like 7

I actually bought gem cards in mid April with the intent of purchasing all story seasons when they would next come on sale (mainly for access to the maps). I'm glad I had held off because now that they've announced the episodes will slowly release for free, I can save up for Twilight instead 😄

In other words, IMO you should wait.

Edited by Pacificterror.7805
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

They're going to be free for a week each soon, so just wait.  Also the maps aren't dead and those saying they are are really saying they're not zerged. I play on Season 4 and Icebrood Saga maps all the time, do the metas, get the events done. I'm not sure why anyone would say they're dead...but they're not packed either.   This is hyperbole pure and simple.

Thats true. when i came back i felt like the game was dead but i just didnt understand the playstyle of the community. once i did i noticed that its actually very populated. 

I didnt know that they were going to release them a season per week. thats not bad at all. a month after the initial release ill have lws4 and icebrood saga. I can live with that. Thanks for the info

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Beast Sos.1457 said:

Thats true. when i came back i felt like the game was dead but i just didnt understand the playstyle of the community. once i did i noticed that its actually very populated. 

I didnt know that they were going to release them a season per week. thats not bad at all. a month after the initial release ill have lws4 and icebrood saga. I can live with that. Thanks for the info

I think it's an episode a week, not a season a week, but I could be wrong. Anyway it starts soon. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I think it's an episode a week, not a season a week, but I could be wrong. Anyway it starts soon. 

A episode a week might be too slow. That would take 3 and a half months before it even starts releasing s4. 6 months total for all the episodes O.O. I might actually buy them if thats the timeframe of them. I'll have to make sure first though. 

14 minutes ago, Beast Sos.1457 said:

A episode a week might be too slow. That would take 3 and a half months before it even starts releasing s4. 6 months total for all the episodes O.O. I might actually buy them if thats the timeframe of them. I'll have to make sure first though. 

Remember we got them an episode every 2 months,. so it's more or less how we played them originally. 

4 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Remember we got them an episode every 2 months,. so it's more or less how we played them originally. 

True. However, at that time they were actually creating the content. its a bit different imo. I can see them releasing the episodes as you said though. its a good way to keep people playing for longer.

2 hours ago, Beast Sos.1457 said:

I recently came back to the game. bought pof, but im now missing lws4 and icebrood saga. I know that they will be releasing episodes for free soon but lws4 and icebrood saga will come by the end of that cycle, which could be a couple months down the line. Would you guys suggest i wait for the release of the episodes or is it worth me getting them now bc all the content locked behind them? I have the gold to buy the gems, i could also just pull out the credit card but idk what the best move would be. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

They will very soon start showcasing an episode each week, giving them away one at a time in the gem store. People will be in the maps to unlock the new and old achievements as they come.

You'll have plenty of time to do story, get a lot out of it and move onto each new map before you can finish everything. It will be a good way to get all the achievements that require large groups too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Beast Sos.1457 said:

True. However, at that time they were actually creating the content. its a bit different imo. I can see them releasing the episodes as you said though. its a good way to keep people playing for longer.

You may be thinking that for most of the living story you can finish a zone in an hour or two. That's only true if you don't play the zone. In my experience, the zones themselves are more than just the story instances and well worth spending some time in.  Running from instance to instance leaves you missing a lot of the story. Every one of the Season 3 and Season 4 zones has some kind of meta or big events, as well as a lot of flavor events. They have achievements, collections all kinds of stuff and while they're coming out, it'll be like it's launch again.   I think this is exactly the time to play them like they're new. I could be wrong, but I suspect this is how it will be.

I'd say it depends a lot on how much else you find in game that you enjoy. If you're still busy exploring older seasons and expansion maps, wait. If you know you won't have much (or any) time to play the new (to you) episodes before they are released for free, wait.

If on the other hand you feel you've got everything out of the content available to you and are dying for something new to explore, get them now. Or if you are the kind of player that is drawn to farming and values the feeling of efficient gameplay over fun gameplay and feel left out with only what's available to you right now, go ahead and buy them straight away.

Personally I have enjoyed them, especially the later episodes of season 4 (although a lot of that appeal was actually the cliffhanger after ep 5 that is kind of irrelevant if you can go straight into ep 6 or know how the story continues) and the icebrood saga before champions. I am however a very casual explorer, so I'd personally still wait to get them until I had explored whatever else I have available fully 🙂 .

15 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

As far as I know only season 2 and 3 will be free.

It really frustrates me when I see people saying the game is dead, or certain zones are dead, because this is so not true in my experience.  

Sure, you may only see a couple players here or there when you're doing the zone story or soloing on your own... but no matter which PoF or IBS map I'm on, there are usually people doing metas or bounty trains.  I was doing some stuff for my skyscale yesterday morning, and there were two different groups on Sandswept Isles doing champion kills.  Events like the Dragonfall meta and the Dragonstorm battle have huge groups on a daily basis.

So honestly, I'd recommend the OP get them now.  When the next expansion drops, it's likely that most of those map metas will have no interest while people are leveling through Cantha, so it's best to get them done as soon as you can. :) 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cameryn.5310 said:

It really frustrates me when I see people saying the game is dead, or certain zones are dead, because this is so not true in my experience.  

Sure, you may only see a couple players here or there when you're doing the zone story or soloing on your own... but no matter which PoF or IBS map I'm on, there are usually people doing metas or bounty trains.  I was doing some stuff for my skyscale yesterday morning, and there were two different groups on Sandswept Isles doing champion kills.  Events like the Dragonfall meta and the Dragonstorm battle have huge groups on a daily basis.

So honestly, I'd recommend the OP get them now.  When the next expansion drops, it's likely that most of those map metas will have no interest while people are leveling through Cantha, so it's best to get them done as soon as you can. 🙂

I'm in the same boat. I have multiple accounts and I play them in even Season 3 and Season 4 zones and I still get achievements on those accounts for killing champs that aren't meta..or doing some of the harder achievements...and I'm not soloing them.

The thing is just because you don't see people on the map doesn't mean people aren't on that map.  If you pop a tag , even a mentor tag, and ask in map chat and link a waypoint so people can get to you, 90% of the time you get the people you need to do almost anything.  Obviously no one is zerging a three year old zone unless there's a profitable meta on it, but that doesn't mean people aren't everywhere in enough quantity to complete content.

• Like 1