Remove immobilize and/or burning from pvp

The Ace.9105

Remove immobilize and/or burning from pvp  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Nobody likes burning nor immobilize and they contribute to unfun.

• Remove Burning
    • Remove Immobilize
    • Remove Burning and Immobilize
    • Don't remove Burning and Immobilize
    • Don't remove Burning
    • Don't remove Immobilize

Butchering poison and burn will kill certain classes.

Just imagine burn guardian throws burn on can't kill anyone and it gets insta cleansed like seriously guys you got a new buff that makes you practically immune to damaging condis and a buff that makes you immune to non damaging condis.

Also burn effects:

Elementals

Engineers.

Granted i would argue you shouldn't have too many stacks fo burning, but butchering condis because you hate condis and don't want to learn 2 play and butchering immob and roots. Immob has its place in this game and druids are supposed to be kings of roots. its not like they have amazing dmg to contribute or amazing heals.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Locuz.2651 said:

The only justifiable complaints are complaints about stuff that isnt easily counterable. 

Both burns and immob (roots) are easily counterable. They work really well against bad players since bad players struggle with the basics.

- They forget that u can kill the roots in 2-3 autoattack swings. 

- They forget that burnguard is easily kitable and has very little sustain and reset potential.  

So yes if youre the type of player that just runs on point and sits there in aoe ...with no kiting, dodging or cleansing/breaking CC youll struggle with these 2 conditions. 

For all the players who pvped for longer than a week this shouldnt be an issue.  

This is untrue, and the way you attempt to demean players with legitimate concerns/scenarios/step-by-step descriptions of why the issue is the issue sounds to me like you're covering for your own lack of skill.

-roots are not as fragile as they may seem, they actually pack some health.

-burn guard is not easily kiteable, it has tools available to periodically close the gap and get in to do their damage.

3 hours ago, Ghos.1326 said:

This is untrue, and the way you attempt to demean players with legitimate concerns/scenarios/step-by-step descriptions of why the issue is the issue sounds to me like you're covering for your own lack of skill.

So you die to skills that are easily counterable and the issue is my lack of skill?

I dont even play burnguard or druid myself (anet forum mod can confirm if they feel like it).  

-roots are not as fragile as they may seem, they actually pack some health.

Feel free to test + record it. Its 1-3 autoattacks depending on the class. Its 2-3 seconds to get out of them on any class.  

burn guard is not easily kiteable, it has tools available to periodically close the gap and get in to do their damage.

With what? The only profs that cant perma kite burn guard (scourge, weaver etc) win the matchup 1v1.  

Stripping mechanics isnt the answer. They need to be adjusted so their uptime is less ubiquitous. 

constant application of immob and burning  is not fun, but I'd like to see it on high cd moves, at higher stacks even. Getting hit by something like prime light beam or the like should do 10-15 stacks of burning, but your combat skills outside of those heavy hitters should only do a little. I'd even be fine with getting hit by 15-20 stacks of confusion for 6-10 seconds if it required any semblance of thought, like if there was a trait that required you to hit an enemy under a specific condition (Like, for example, hitting an immobed or dazed enemy with mirage axe 3) to proc it. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261