Will guild wars 2 be on playstation 5 and Xbox Series X

Almost certainly not.

If I remember correctly they did look at console development early on but it got dropped for unspecified reasons. (Anet never announced that they were even considering a console version, it was inferred from the jobs they were hiring from and other things, so there was no need for them to say why it was abandoned.) Last I heard even proper controller support for PC was being developed only as one person's pet project because they wanted to see it happen.

Also I suspect the console certification process is likely to be a problem for Anet. All updates to games on Playstation and Xbox have to be approved by Sony and Microsoft (and the same for Nintendo on their consoles), not just new releases but even minor bug fixes. That process takes time and has to be paid for so it's likely it would slow down the release schedule and bug fixes and could get expensive. (Elder Scrolls Online recently announced that a fix for a bug introduced in a recent update won't be coming to consoles until June because they can't get anything else approved ahead of their next expansion and major base game update, so they have to include the fix in that even though it's ready now.)

There are good reasons for the certification process (for one thing it's why you don't need antivirus software on consoles) but it does complicate the process for developers.

• Like 1

Definitely not Xbox series X because that would require dx12 support. If they were actually working on dx12 support then they would have announced considering the complaints about the lack of it over the years.

I don't think the verification process taking months to complete is a particularly big deal. We already have bugs that have been around for months or years anyway. On the other hand the 10s of thousands that it cost per verification seems like it could add up to quite a bit ...