Easy build to do well in spvp?

aaron.7850

Mesmer is my favorite class,  I like all core, mirage and chrono.

But in spvp I just suck... I die easily, when playing condi I feel like I do no damage and when playing power burst I feel like all my attacks are missed,dodged,evaded,etc....

When I play my guardian I survive a lot more and get kills and feel like I am SO much more succesful, In a way I feel like the class plays itself, wheras playing mesmer I feel like a waste of space.

• Thanks 1

Hi, welcome to mesmer, the class the entire community will make you believe that it is broken and desirable in all content when it is mediocre/kitten in everything but raids. Now, to your question, all you have to do is play the blue class or the emo class.

Jokes aside tho, staff mirage is really good right now, so enjoy it while you can because it is not going to last long. Staff paired with axe/torch works really well with cation stats.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, aaron.7850 said:

Mesmer is my favorite class,  I like all core, mirage and chrono.

But in spvp I just suck... I die easily, when playing condi I feel like I do no damage and when playing power burst I feel like all my attacks are missed,dodged,evaded,etc....

When I play my guardian I survive a lot more and get kills and feel like I am SO much more succesful, In a way I feel like the class plays itself, wheras playing mesmer I feel like a waste of space.

To play mesmer you have to be fast and reposition all the time. I usually play staff and blink with staff 2, I also take blink ult and blink stun break. When my blinks are in cd I use my axe 3 and dodge. Mesmer is all about not to be caught. 

I've played all classes with mostly all meta builds. Compared to ele, guardian, necro, deadeye, revnant mesmer is very far from been op. 

And yes in raids mesmer is op atm, but I really don't wanna get nerfed in pvp cuz of pve content lol. In pvp mesmer is a kitten compared to necro and needs a huge buff to become somehow equal.

• Like 2

I suggest to pick another class to play spvp. Now 2v2 deathmatches are ongoing. When opposite team sees a mesmer, you will be focused enemy player first. That means you will get killed in 10 secs. If you are lucky and good defensive build, you will stay longer and pray for your teammate is strong enough like scourge necro to eliminate them. 

If you insist to play with mesmer in 2v2, focus on stealth and pick torch. You need distraction. 

I play sp warrior in spvp. Warrior is not the best class in spvp but at least much more better than mesmer obviously. 

• Like 2

You said it yourself in the opening post, Guardian literally plays itself. With Mesmer you really have to be smart with cooldown and dodge management. A single mistake can and will often result in your death. 

But for me thats what makes Mesmer more fun and rewarding to play. There really aren't any "easy" builds for Mesmer. But that isn't necessarily a bad thing. It forces you to learn to play the game properly. It forces you to learn cooldown and dodge management, it forces you to look at the map to make sure you are rotating well. 

The best all around Mesmer build to learn right now is Power Block Mirage. 

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Mirage_-_Carrion_Axe

Power block is great for interrupting key abilities (heals especially) and putting them on cooldown.

I like Mirage as well without Power Block and spec Dueling (3 - 1 - 2) instead of Domination for bigger burst. 

Interesting: i die way more often as Guardian (if not playing a bunker Guard). As dps Guardian i just suck, while condi mesmer/mirage is probably one of the easiest class for unranked spvp for me. Just get yourself as much stealth abilities and traits (Prismatic Understanding) as you can + Rabid Amulet, if you struggle with survivability. I have no idea how can you die as condi mesmer/mirage? Dmg is indeed a bit low, but survivability is just awesome. If you are under pressure, you can always go stealth or summon more clones to distract your opponents. Don't shatter your clones at all, unless you need Distortion or Diversion, never do it for a dmg part, with one exception: when you really need to finish off opponent with less than 15 or 20% health.

Axe/torch + Staff or even Sc/Pistol. Depends if you need more dmg or more survivability. Core is ok, but i've found mirage slightly better.

7 hours ago, Sifu.9745 said:

Interesting: i die way more often as Guardian (if not playing a bunker Guard). As dps Guardian i just suck, while condi mesmer/mirage is probably one of the easiest class for unranked spvp for me. Just get yourself as much stealth abilities and traits (Prismatic Understanding) as you can + Rabid Amulet, if you struggle with survivability. I have no idea how can you die as condi mesmer/mirage? Dmg is indeed a bit low, but survivability is just awesome. If you are under pressure, you can always go stealth or summon more clones to distract your opponents. Don't shatter your clones at all, unless you need Distortion or Diversion, never do it for a dmg part, with one exception: when you really need to finish off opponent with less than 15 or 20% health.

Axe/torch + Staff or even Sc/Pistol. Depends if you need more dmg or more survivability. Core is ok, but i've found mirage slightly better.

I wouldn't call a build like that something that does well. Sure it can survive but it doesn't really accomplish anything. You don't have the damage to pressure people off nodes or secure kills especially if you aren't using Cry of Frustration. It doesn't have the ability to fight for node because you depend on stealth for survival. It doesn't have the mobility to quickly decap nodes.

When it comes to Mesmer you have a few variations with what role it fills based on the build. 

You can play power builds which are very glass cannon and probably the toughest to play. Your role is to be a roamer and +1-er. You want to find people who have used cooldowns and dodges and burst them down fast.  Your job is to secure kills and quickly. Power builds do that better than any other build. 

With condi Mirage and other condi builds there are multiple variations with how they can be played. Condi Mirage using axe/pistol+sword/torch is a great roamer because of it's mobility  and +1 potential. It is a pretty decent sidenoder and duelist as well because it matches up pretty well against certain classes. 

When it comes to chaos staff builds, they are looking to work out pretty well as side noders/duelists. What you don't want is a ton of stealth because that gives up nodes. With these builds you have enough survivability to not need to rely on stealth. So you are looking at using Staff + Axe/Pistol.  

8 hours ago, Sifu.9745 said:

You said "Unranked" Maybe true. I've already forgot how people play in unranked arena. 

Let's talk about ranked arena. 

Most of the ppl who play in ranked arena know how they deal with mesmer. And they dont watch you to kill theirselves without doing anything. Most of players have condi cleanse and high survivability abilities. I mean do this, play that, dont do this dont work in actual combat. 

I ve said before I played every weapon and every build with mesmer. The definite result is mesmer is not team player at all. In wvw group fighting, with gs, yes. Other areas except 2v2 deathmatch, roaming is much more better. In 2v2, whatever you do, you will be the target first. 1 dodge limits everything, offence, survivability, heal, reflect. Maybe you will think you have survivability skills, yes, but they have too and much more better. For instance, necro barrier. With equal talented player, in my best duel, I just broke his barrier and I took half of his hp. Killing necro? Hell no, unless his abilities on cd. 

I suggested you to pick another class in sPvP. 

I mean that. 

I picked warrior. As I said warrior is not shiny class in GW2 sPvP. But I have higher chance to win duels and teamfight. 

The entire pvp balance discussion group that actually gets 'a say' are all biased against Memser, ignoring blatant objective facts, and have conspired to systemically keep mesmer down despite the large double standards at play. This has been pointed out by several top player mesmer mains since at least as early as 2013, and many of those players prior to HoT would re-roll to thief in tournaments that actually matter...

sPvP deserves it's slow death for this alone. If they insist on bleeding integrity then the entire scene is going to bleed and it shows.

You're asking about builds? I say don't use any; you can play another class if you want but it's in EVERYONE's best interest for more and more people to not support the scene until it's double standards are cut out.

Edited by Daishi.6027
  • Like 4

On 5/16/2021 at 12:36 PM, Suyheuti.1732 said:

I suggest to pick another class to play spvp. Now 2v2 deathmatches are ongoing. When opposite team sees a mesmer, you will be focused enemy player first. That means you will get killed in 10 secs. If you are lucky and good defensive build, you will stay longer and pray for your teammate is strong enough like scourge necro to eliminate them. 

If you insist to play with mesmer in 2v2, focus on stealth and pick torch. You need distraction. 

I play sp warrior in spvp. Warrior is not the best class in spvp but at least much more better than mesmer obviously. 

You’re demonising it. With inspiration trait line being focused is nothing to be afraid of. Unless you play against the kitten thief build which is about staying in stealth like all time

On 5/17/2021 at 1:13 PM, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

pew pew ranger.

Just sit back, lay traps and spam 2. Just pretend you're playing PvE. It's that easy.

Guardian is pretty easy, sure. But you'll often get focused in fights. Making it not that easy.

wondered how far i'd get before i sawe someone bashing another class :P, if ur going to atleast state the builds people use above silver with the class.. LB2 Trapper Ranger is a Meme and we all know it xD, GS has far more kill potiental and is just a stronger weapon, Maul / hilt bash / Maul / Smokescale F3 / SmokeScale F1 will do FAR more damage then LB2 will, LB2 is Just Reflect fodder.

On topic.

On 5/16/2021 at 5:22 AM, aaron.7850 said:

Mesmer isnt that difficult, I actually died a Heap lot with it too, til i reliesed i wasnt getting stuck on class mechanics, i just was getting stuck on understanding the role your susposed to fill. the chrono Burst can be tougher to learn, but mirage isnt that difficult.. punishing if u waste resources but not complicated as such.

I'd recommend looking at some guides regarding Roaming and what to do as a Roamer as i find more players get stuck on actually playing that role correctly.

Actually mes was and is in a gud spot.

Mat winners EU NA played with mirage, most teams played with mirage.

If u r looking for builds u can have a look into RIP stream. He was placed 1,2,3 LB last season until last days before season ends. Or look into helseth stream, or review teapots mat stream for the latest builds from Misha (chaos, duell, mirage - stuff / scepter pistol) build or the one from RIP