Defense Rework Required.

Lan Deathrider.5910

3 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The suggestions I mentioned above address your concerns.

Sadly not entirely. But thats mainly a problem of the berserker spec.

I also miss something "condi dps related" in the defense tree but thats not really necessary I guess (like dealing more condi damage on weakened foes). 

Some guy already mentioned this but equipping a shield should give you more "defense" while using shield master. The reflect is pretty pointless in my eyes.

39 minutes ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

Sadly not entirely. But thats mainly a problem of the berserker spec.

I also miss something "condi dps related" in the defense tree but thats not really necessary I guess (like dealing more condi damage on weakened foes). 

Some guy already mentioned this but equipping a shield should give you more "defense" while using shield master. The reflect is pretty pointless in my eyes.

Well Defense isn't for condi dps. That is Arms.

On 5/26/2021 at 5:48 PM, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

You know the defense line is in trouble when I get more sustain from tactics than defense.

You know its funny you mention that.

I saw vallun last night playing warr with tactics in his build. I didn-t really understand why he went tactics, but this reason you gave might be why.

3 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

You know its funny you mention that.

I saw vallun last night playing warr with tactics in his build. I didn-t really understand why he went tactics, but this reason you gave might be why.

Depending on the mode, you can turn Signet of Rage into a full heal with Phalanx Strength. Requires a 5v5 though.

45 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Depending on the mode, you can turn Signet of Rage into a full heal with Phalanx Strength. Requires a 5v5 though.

He was playing in WVW.

Roleplayer experiences all game modes with one build !build !media - Twitch

It looks as if the tactics tree is mostly damage and support with boons and stuff.

I can see why you'd want to go with tactics tree for shrug it off. 

Edited by Axl.8924

43 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

He was playing in WVW.

Roleplayer experiences all game modes with one build !build !media - Twitch

It looks as if the tactics tree is mostly damage and support with boons and stuff.

I can see why you'd want to go with tactics tree for shrug it off. 

With Phalanx Strength, Runes of the Mad King, and enough opponents and allies you can get +25k self healing from Signet of Rage.

Phalanx Strength turns any mass might skill, particularly FGJ and SoR into self heal skills. That or Vigorous Shouts for lots of team healing.

MM alone though is decent self sustain so long as you can pump might out.

Just now, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

With Phalanx Strength, Runes of the Mad King, and enough opponents and allies you can get +25k self healing from Signet of Rage.

Phalanx Strength turns any mass might skill, particularly FGJ and SoR into self heal skills. That or Vigorous Shouts for lots of team healing.

MM alone though is decent self sustain so long as you can pump might out.

So i take it these are mostly good for WVW and maybe big parties of enemies in fractals maybe?

I didn't know warrs had good support healing, now i'm mighty curious to see a support warr with phalanx strength and vigorous shouts.

3 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

So i take it these are mostly good for WVW and maybe big parties of enemies in fractals maybe?

I didn't know warrs had good support healing, now i'm mighty curious to see a support warr with phalanx strength and vigorous shouts.

WvW or PvE. The runes were nerfed in PvP and hit fewer times, thus fewer might procs from FGS and thus less healing.

Vigorous Shouts you are looking at 1.5k-3k aoe healing per shout depending on game mode and gear. Vigorous Shouts and Phalanx Strength share a tier sadly so they cannot be combined.

17 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

WvW or PvE. The runes were nerfed in PvP and hit fewer times, thus fewer might procs from FGS and thus less healing.

Vigorous Shouts you are looking at 1.5k-3k aoe healing per shout depending on game mode and gear. Vigorous Shouts and Phalanx Strength share a tier sadly so they cannot be combined.

If done right you should be able to hit about  5,200 healing per shout to each ally.

41 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

If done right you should be able to hit about  5,200 healing per shout to each ally.

Is that WVW or pve or both? I would be interested some day in seeing how well a warr can hold the group alive with heals and give buffs.

Edited by Axl.8924

32 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

TBH "defense" and condi go kind of hand-in-hand. 

As far as stats go, sure, but each of the trees on each of the classes have themes associated with them, both in the flavor of their traits and in their historical stat gain. Arms is the crit chance and condition damage tree. Defense is the toughness and (if I rememeber correctly) the healing power tree.

So long as a traitline is entirely selfishly defensive, it'll see ~no play outside of, like, some WvW and sidenoder PvP. ANet almost had it right with how the Elementalit trait lines turned out, with Earth and Water.

Additionally, putting any sort of condi traits into the line might make newer players, players who haven't clocked in on the "conditions take time to work so outlasting the enemy might be a neat idea" concept randomly trip themselves into an actually okay combination.

36 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

So long as a traitline is entirely selfishly defensive, it'll see ~no play outside of, like, some WvW and sidenoder PvP. ANet almost had it right with how the Elementalit trait lines turned out, with Earth and Water.

Additionally, putting any sort of condi traits into the line might make newer players, players who haven't clocked in on the "conditions take time to work so outlasting the enemy might be a neat idea" concept randomly trip themselves into an actually okay combination.

It being selfish isn't a bad thing. For instance if the new espec had some sort of boon share, then it would be a good combo.

Just now, The Boz.2038 said:

I mean, sure, if you can chare all them boons through *some other mechanic*, yeah. That's very hypothetical.

The question is what should warrs give that others don't, because nec can give regen and migth eles can give a buncha stuff mes can give quickness alacricity, as can guardians, so how do you make it then so warrs offer something desired.