Backstab not work on mid-air/jumping targets?

BeepBoopBop.5403

19 minutes ago, Kaitori.8564 said:

Ye it's normal it's because of verticality and how the engine works. Nothing you can do about it, it's not the only ability affected.

Well, you could use your resources to sneak up in Stealth for one attempt so maybe they don't think about jumping but that could mean like three or four WvW threads. 

Quick! delete this before everyone starts hopping around like morons and Backstab becomes useless! 😂

For real though, I doubt they'll even fix this, if they even can fix it, it's probably in the same category as "no valid path" when it comes to engine 'quirks'.

Edited by Nomad.4301
  • Like 1

This is why Thief gameplay gets frustrating. Not only it will miss because people will jump around when you go invis on you to not hit. And ALSO on top of that there is a 1 sec CD after missing. I only do backstab for the boons and effects. It now hits like a wet noodles. SO why BS? I build to depend on my heart seeker for the big damage and finish. BS is just the initial combo.

I actually started doing that when I first started playing, mostly because I was trying to get away with cripple ticking when I noticed this happen when I was jumping around. Ever since then I do it once in a while hoping people would miss, since it works in general. I thought that was also why besides being trolly that people do their jumping lol

You can also see some good players do this with dodge jump. Try it, it works against a lot of things.