Since you brought back scourge, bring back unblockable soulbeast

18 minutes ago, Crozame.4098 said:

I mean, I am referring to that one skill that most scourge uses, its in the meta battle. 

Scourges have no blocks or invul, you are right. But I think the reason I am voting for removing the block part is mainly because of ressing. Think about it, scourge put down the well, and the cloud, and maybe the elite on the body that it tries to ress. Then you cannot cleave from ranged because of that 8 sec projectile block, it will also put kitten loads of condition if you try to cleave in melee range. 

Of course you can say that you can save stomp, but

1) not many classes have save stomp. (stab does not work here because of the corruptions)

2) even for the classes that have save stomp, it might be too late because of the insane ressing speed.

3) Good scourges also can port the downed away, to deny the stomp.

Yes thats the skill.

I understand you point and its a fair one in my opinion, but i think its better to adress the ressing and aoe fields spam.

Edited by razaelll.8324

11 minutes ago, razaelll.8324 said:

Yes thats the skill.

I understand you point and its a fair one in my opinion, but i think its better to adress the ressing and aoe fields spam.

Of course there are many ways to address the same issue. But hard to say which is better. But its fine, because the next expansion will make everything worse.

5 hours ago, Crozame.4098 said:

Of course there are many ways to address the same issue. But hard to say which is better. But its fine, because the next expansion will make everything worse.

its true thats its hard to say which one is better, just from my point of view, necro in general dont have that many defencives in terms of evades, invuns, blocks so a projectile blocking is good for the class, but maybe the way that skill works in not the best , because that skill alone is okay , but combined with all of the other AoE fields which necro and scourge specifically has makes it very uninteractive. 

About the next expansion, i prefer to have no expectations , because in that way i wont get disappointed , so i can enjoy it for what it is, not for what it could be

Edited by razaelll.8324

5 hours ago, Crozame.4098 said:

I mean, I am referring to that one skill that most scourge uses, its in the meta battle. 

Scourges have no blocks or invul, you are right. But I think the reason I am voting for removing the block part is mainly because of ressing. Think about it, scourge put down the well, and the cloud, and maybe the elite on the body that it tries to ress. Then you cannot cleave from ranged because of that 8 sec projectile block, it will also put kitten loads of condition if you try to cleave in melee range. 

Of course you can say that you can save stomp, but

1) not many classes have save stomp. (stab does not work here because of the corruptions)

2) even for the classes that have save stomp, it might be too late because of the insane ressing speed.

3) Good scourges also can port the downed away, to deny the stomp.

This is a prime example of a well formulated, and good forum post. You're giving examples why you think something is overperforming. 

I do however think it's the blood line coupled with the scourge barrier coefficients and mainly Feed from Corruption that needs to be looked at. 

As you mentioned previously, scourge is one of two classes that doesn't have access to evade frames. It also has no blocks and no invulns. 

Scourge, reaper and core necro would forever get farmed by projectile based burst, regardless of the current state of the meta. 

So while I respect your thought process behind why you want cpc nerfed, I would take a different approach and hit scourge specific sustain. Namely barrier, FFC and maybe Transfusion. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Math.5123 said:

This is a prime example of a well formulated, and good forum post. You're giving examples why you think something is overperforming. 

I do however think it's the blood line coupled with the scourge barrier coefficients and mainly Feed from Corruption that needs to be looked at. 

As you mentioned previously, scourge is one of two classes that doesn't have access to evade frames. It also has no blocks and no invulns. 

Scourge, reaper and core necro would forever get farmed by projectile based burst, regardless of the current state of the meta. 

So while I respect your thought process behind why you want cpc nerfed, I would take a different approach and hit scourge specific sustain. Namely barrier, FFC and maybe Transfusion. 

I enjoy meaningful conversation. Your line of reasoning also make sense, but maybe they should do both: many people have argued on the forum that lich is not OP because players can easily LOS (I do not fully agree with this). But, apply to this case, scourges might need to think harder on their positioning.

Mallyx was good at competing Scourge nodes too, but we don't get to experience that anymore.

Infuse Light nerf was enough but they had to go the extra mile of changing Resistance but not compensating with other modifiers like a Dark Aura theme, just add Resolution to self, not teammates. More insult to injury stacking conditions on self now impossible to properly benefit from with Poison.

Edited by Shao.7236

5 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

Mallyx was good at competing Scourge nodes too, but we don't get to experience that anymore.

Infuse Light nerf was enough but they had to go the extra mile of changing Resistance but not compensating with other modifiers like a Dark Aura theme, just add Resolution to self, not teammates. More insult to injuring stacking conditions on self now impossible to properly benefit from with Poison.

The way they nerfed Mallyx so harshly is part of the reason I continue to be convinced that patch was specifically for PvE, which makes it all the more irritating that it was presented as a balance patch geared at competitive content as well. They could have mentioned that they had more work to do on Mallyx/PvP specs and that the patch was just to establish a baseline for coming features in EoD, but their choice of language for their change rationale or lack thereof as "being for all content" was not the best decision.

On 7/6/2021 at 7:40 PM, Leonidrex.5649 said:

I mean you end up with most teams running 2x scourge + core guard which already have 20s, add in prot holo, potential for weaver/tempest and you can have much much more.

The Projectile domes don't stop ranged laser type attacks, so if you happen to have such builds its a good time to use them. It is so beautiful when a guard pops its shield dome and he panics when you continue hitting him, you can see it in his movements.