Any chance underwater weapon on land?

Base on the silhouette image anet release few days ago. I think is possible a spear and also It could be all underwater weapon can use on land with different skill. 

On Gw faction Map. it have a area call " The Jade Sea"  its like an ocean and players can walk on top of the water. ( so wet become dry)

( Just a big guess)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BQlcE0gFuY

• Like 1

It is *highly* questionable since it would only would be the first new weapon since ever and only be fair if ALL new elites can equip it, which is unlikely.

And there is literally nothing in the picture that even indicate it's a spear - that's not how you hold a spear one handed (rather obviously) and it's definetly not how you hold it two handed (notice that the grip is restricted to where the mesmer hold it rather than being smooth up the supposed shaft so that you can actually shift hand positions). The picture still make it appear uniform on both sides from the grip, such as a doublebladed sword/dagger, or far more likely a longbow/shortbow.

Edited by Dawdler.8521

Let's assume it's a spear. So, you get the spear from your aquatic slot and put it in your main hand slot. What now? Do you need another spear in your aquatic slot? Or land weapons (former aquatic, spear in this case) gonna work underwater? 

41 minutes ago, zOLtAm.7824 said:

Let's assume it's a spear. So, you get the spear from your aquatic slot and put it in your main hand slot. What now? Do you need another spear in your aquatic slot? Or land weapons (former aquatic, spear in this case) gonna work underwater? 

Lol people overthink it so hard. 

Let's assume it's a spear then, yes. It's gonna be an entirely new 2h weapon class for your regular equipment slots with unique skills depending on class, with entirerly "new" skins (ie skins just copied from underwater weapons) and that's it. No more, no less.

Edited by Dawdler.8521

I agree with a previous poster. There would be an uproar if every profession did not get a new weapon. But maybe they would give everyone either spear or trident, or add something completely new.

I'm still in the camp of "not gonna happen."

8 hours ago, zOLtAm.7824 said:

i think it could be another spear go underwater. we got simular situation like rifle and harpoon gun , trident and staff

3 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

I agree with a previous poster. There would be an uproar if every profession did not get a new weapon. But maybe they would give everyone either spear or trident, or add something completely new.

I'm still in the camp of "not gonna happen."

if that's the idea may they need to bring all 3 underwater on the ground. trident and harpoon gun can be holding in different position, like they redevelop staff use as a stick.  

we got 9 class 3 for each underwater weapon. that maybe EOD's new feature. 

well these all just our imagination . they may end up with dagger mesmer or staff warrior 😆 😂

This is something I have been asking for for literally years, even proposing it as a "solution" to the problem of adding new weapons to the game.

Some people want new weapons like 2 handed Axes, Scythes, and Spears but adding entirely new weapons to the game is impractical because of the whole library of skins problem.

However Spear and Trident already exist and have that backlog of skins to take advantage of so at least they could be imported to land weapons to give people that new weapon vibe.

More importantly though is the reverse effect.
If Spear and Trident can become land weapons then a ton of land weapons can also become underwater weapons thus significantly expanding the amount of weapon skills available to all classes while playing underwater.
This would greatly help to fix one of the biggest problems with Gw2's underwater content, the severely lacking amount of skill choices and build diversity in the content.

Fix up the available utility choices as well, allowing more of them to be used underwater and these two changes alone would be enough in my opinion to massively improve the underwater content in this game.