Allowing players to toggle the effects of infsuions on and off.

Toggle infusions visual effects.  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to be able to toggle on and off the visual effects of infusions?

• yes
    • no

This is something I have heard players talk about a lot so thought Id make a post about it. I think it would be great if these infusions allowed us to select if we wanted the effect on or not. The infusions have a minor stat buff but some of them are just not used because of the effect place. The stone dwarf infusion is a great example. Many players unlocked the infusion but the fact it turns your character into stone caused a lot of people to remove the infusion and retire it to the bank. I think having these effects toggleable would be a great addition to the game and since infusions, at least those with effects, are somewhat rare adding them to a system like the legendary armory would be a nice addition. Letting people unlock the effects based on the number of each infusion added since the effects seem to stack visually. This would both grant players who earned, or bought, these infusions an added bonus for these expensive items as well as remove the need to choose between a visual effect and stat buff. This would also increase the value of more common infusions as it would create an incentive for players to seek out these infusions.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

some wish the effect shd be enabled/disabled by the player owning the infusions.. some ppl wish the option to be available in option dialog to switch off infusions as part of "character model quality" "lowest" setting so they might not get their eyes burned by looking at other players flashing disco lights around them during meta events or at lobbies 😆 and sometimes while gliding from tower to tower during Xera raid 🤣😂

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Like 2

Actually there would be no point in that. The infusions with effect are there so people get them for the actual visual effect. One can get stat infusions for like ~75 gold from fractals( it is not needed to even play fractals, you can buy the stuff) that have stats and no visual effects.
The only  reason this would exist is indeed, to chose how to combine different effects and how to stack them together ( because different  skin infusions act weirdly together )

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Antycypator.9874 said:

Yesterday I watched some 7yo video about that twisted marionette fight. Zero infusions, no wings... in my opinion Guild Wars 2 used to be beautiful. I would like to see it again.

+1 GW2 released with better graphics than EoD will because of the player cosmetics. So weird.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

What kind of stupid poll is this?

"Hey, guys!  Would you rather have cake or a kick in the nuts?"  I await your answers...

More like "Hey guys! Would you like to get poked in the eye without your consent or would you rather choose if you want to get poked?" The answer is apparent.

Edited by Yggranya.5201
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

More than a toggle for my own infusions, I wish I had a graphics setting toggle to turn off other people's infusions. It would go a long way to make GW2 less of an eyesore.

While we're at it, I'd also like a toggle to turn off other people's back items. No, your wings aren't cool. No, I'm not jealous, I have The Ascension, and I always have it hidden/transmuted because of how much an eyesore it is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2