Ideas for physical skills

Lighter.5631

What's even the point of kick, even with 3 charges, so useless in every single mode for so long, so are rest of the physical except maybe bullcharge.

Replace Kick with Dash, 2 charges, 400 range ground target based dash, can avoid projectiles, damage enemies in it's path.

And stomp, with current effect, it's CD needs to be at least cut in half to be useful

Also make a trait that gives resistance when use a physical skill, with an ICD

thanks...

Kick is incredible in PvP when combined with Hammer and Rifle for keeping someone off a point in the most frustrating and irritating way possible. "Get off my point. Get off my point. Get off my point. Get off my point. Screw your Stability, I'm still kicking you off my point"

I'd love to be able to Stomp more frequently. It's the most epic Stunbreak in the game. I just wish it gave 1 stack of stability preemptively.

@Sartharina.3542 said:Kick is incredible in PvP when combined with Hammer and Rifle for keeping someone off a point in the most frustrating and irritating way possible. "Get off my point. Get off my point. Get off my point. Get off my point. Screw your Stability, I'm still kicking you off my point"

I'd love to be able to Stomp more frequently. It's the most epic Stunbreak in the game. I just wish it gave 1 stack of stability preemptively.

Haha, I agree. Although I don't do PvP anymore, I do very much find it a good skill when used with hammer, rifle or longbow. It's really nice with ranged weapons to keep people away from you, which is something you need with ranged weapons on any class. Ranger has knockback, Guardian has knockback, Revenant has evade, etc.

As for changes to physical skills, I agree with @Opopanax.1803 Mending as a physical skill and Stomp cooldown decrease. Throw Bolas are actually quite good as well but they suffer the same problem as a lot of skills in GW2. They're okay, but not enough to take over better skills. I've used Throw Bolas a number of times in the past but they don't feel impactful enough to take over Stances in most situations. 3sec Immob on a very low cooldown is really good, but it's hard to compete with Stances or Signets, at least in WvW/PvP.

@Valik Shin.9027 said:

@Sartharina.3542 said:Throw Bolas should have a knockdown and longer immob time if they hit a moving target.

That would be hilarious, if throw bolas got a knockdown if target is moving, and its probably pretty close to what would happen in real life.

Just add a pull to it

That's true, it is one thing that warrior lacks on land is a pull.

@Lighter.5631 said:

@ugrakarma.9416 said:is there a window to physical skills shine with spellbreaker, but need test the teory.look with 3 kicks, can stack this easily.

..f2+dagger alone allows you to stack full insights easily..really don't need to slot kick to cripple yourself to stack insights..

Im in the Dagger hate team. Will try it a Greatsword + SpellBreaker with Strengt+physical skills.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:

@ugrakarma.9416 said:is there a window to physical skills shine with spellbreaker, but need test the teory.look with 3 kicks, can stack this easily.

..f2+dagger alone allows you to stack full insights easily..really don't need to slot kick to cripple yourself to stack insights..

Im in the Dagger hate team. Will try it a Greatsword + SpellBreaker with Strengt+physical skills.

With a few minor tweaks dagger could be really good, main hand dagger seems to have synergy with offhand dagger. It just needs a little love and it'll be all right. Although I'm still going to have to get over my big Norn warrior with Warbringer on her back (the thing is massive) wielding little daggers and hopping about.

The build I had most success with during the Demo was this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAoYRnk6Cldgt6CudAcigFiAT5LM92C4/4kcT2IAEB6ZA-jphIQBA4IAsvHAw8KDch9H83JAIgHCAA.

You gain enough Adrenaline fromBurst skills to execute Burst--Full Counter--Burst in quick succession. Sustain from Might Makes Right and Sun and Moon Style. Condition control from Revenge Counter and Featherfoot Grace. Control and boon removal from Bull's Charge and Stomp.

I'm sure it will be even better if the Devs make the appropriate tweaks. PoF launch will be fun to perfect and test out different combinations.

@CadeRG.4508 said:

@TheBravery.9615 said:Kick is for pve breakbars

But Kick is sustained CC.

You're still better off spamming long-duration CC's to instantly break the breakbar. The combo is Headbutt, Shield Bash, mace burst, mace 3.

ye, i was thinking on pve.

On Pvp, i tried combo Stomp+Bull Charge on pvp, but is easily interrupted.

Archived