lots of disappointment from new trailer

On 7/28/2021 at 12:02 PM, JUN YANG.4328 said:

Firstly: who ever make CG for the trailer that suxks !! 2021 already anet ,  "Heart of Thorns Launch Trailer" look so much better. that was 5 years ago.😕

Second:  mesmer with no illusion is not a mesmer any more , necro with a gun? that is call demon hunter , if no new weapon added, why we cant use spear for mesmer and sword for necro😤

Third: new gs legendary imo i dont like it at all. its like TP weapon with a bit of effect.😟

Fourth: boat fishing?!  come on, are we playing BDO.😡

What a disappointment.  

Mesmers didn't have clones in Guild Wars 1 and for my money those phantom blades are illusions, they simply do damage because people believe them. That's the whole concept of the mesmer anyway. 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 4:02 AM, JUN YANG.4328 said:

Except without all the things that makes BDO kittenous, ya know the ow ganking, "balance" of "the dude with better gear/higher level by default wins" all of the obligatory premium shop purchases to even begin to think to try to be able to actually progress at any rate.....

I could go on for quite a while on that one 😛 

as for boats and finishing, considering there are two whole mastery tracks involved, I would rather wait to see the details before I start complaining about it.

At this point I can't see how things can get worse. The game has been going down hill steadily for a few years, a lot of the games mechanics covered in cobwebs.  Maybe a change of direction is in order, maybe they will surprise us.  It's not going to break the bank to jump in and find out.

We can't loose.  If the expansion is good, we win.  If the expansion is bad we can have fun blasting them for it, we win.

• Like 2

On 7/28/2021 at 8:03 AM, JUN YANG.4328 said:

i am wrong the trailer cant compare to HOT.  even gw1 faction trailer's CG is better, have more texture😡 . that was from 2006 what the hell. 

Wow this video looks cool.... Never watched this b4. Never knew something like this exists. Was that shiro tagachi and nika?

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 4:18 AM, Bast.7253 said:

Well, I was HOPING it meant that Kaening would be some high tec city and really be a complete departure from everything we've seen in Guild Wars 2 so far, but at this point I'm thinking it's just because they simply don't have it finished yet. 

Other than Kaening, Shing Jea, and Echovald, what other notable places are there in Cantha? They'll probably have some lesser known regions that just weren't worth highlighting in the livestream because they're kind of filler maps.

I honestly hope Kaineng will not be high tech, quite the opposite, I hope they'll stay rather traditional without any tech kitten. Not a big fan of Asura magic either but eh.. it's already there I guess.. 

You missed the Jade Sea but yea, that's pretty much all but in GW1 these areas were huge so idk. Kaineng City was already half the map. I'm curious about how it turned out now, I hope it's still a metropolis but maybe not as big anymore.

On 7/28/2021 at 4:02 AM, JUN YANG.4328 said:

Firstly: who ever make CG for the trailer that suxks !! 2021 already anet ,  "Heart of Thorns Launch Trailer" look so much better. that was 5 years ago.😕

Second:  mesmer with no illusion is not a mesmer any more , necro with a gun? that is call demon hunter , if no new weapon added, why we cant use spear for mesmer and sword for necro😤

Third: new gs legendary imo i dont like it at all. its like TP weapon with a bit of effect.😟

What a disappointment.  

First: Well yea the trailer is debatable.. didn't like the CG too much either but I don't really care.
Second: I'm honestly glad that mesmer doesn't have illusions anymore, it's kitten to play against and AI companions are kitten. I hope Ranger has to trade in the pet as well..
Third: Well.. agree but I don't mind that. In the context of GW2 it's like a "new" legendary. It not an ancient artifact but is basically infused with the power of "our" elder dragon, let's see what lore they'll build around it. And I'd prefer a weapon set instead of waiting 2 more years until the last legendary has been introduced. Not a big fan of most of the 1st and 2nd Gen skins anyway so eh..
Fourth: Big fan here, I love it 🙂 Finally some chill stuff to do to progress in some way instead of just constantly fighting.

Edited by DoomNexus.5324

Don't talk skritt about Necro pistol you heathen XD

It feels like it's ironically getting more hype as just a picture than the entire video of Mesmer spec did.

Fishing is great if it's got a fun minigame and not an afk-bot system like nearly every MMO does, especially BDO.  I don't know why MMOs are always lazy with it. Hell, they could download a fishing game from the 1980s or 1990s for 1MB of space or less and add it to their game and it'd be better content than their lazy idle fishing.