When will you buy EoD?

What are you waiting for?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are you waiting for?

• I never/rarely pre-order
    • I want to see more content
    • I'm waiting to win the lottery (or my next paycheck)
    • I'm too lazy
    • Take my Money!!! (I already bought it)

1 hour ago, Spook.5847 said:

But yes, I am sure you will be pleased to know I wont bother to play after they stop supporting my XP64 client at the end of August.  Since I play mainly on my work computer, it simply isnt worth it to me to deal with Win7's terrible interface, file search system, etc, just to keep drudging along here

Wait what? what serious company is still using WinXP on their hardware? (Mac support ended earlier, and it's all apple's fault for that one). Haven't your employer heard of the drama 2 years ago when british health services and Rolay Navy suffered huge losses from ANCIENT ransomware that exploited ancient and well known by now vulnerability? Using WinXP at this point is actively inviting trouble.

1 hour ago, Spook.5847 said:

(and only a fool would run Win10 on any machine connected to the internet). 

Only a fool would run system that had no security patches in nearly a decade, on any machine connected to the internet.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

It's my personal machine, and I use it as I please.  I am responsible for my own security and have had no infections of any sort, nor any troubles (other than the usual occasional hardware stuff) for the past 7 years.

Maybe you just don't know enough about the system to be able to handle it, but I certainly can.  After all, if you want it done right, do it yourself, eh?  But, there's an entire community of folks who still write programs, etc for XP - you should check it out.  Admittedly there is less for XP64, but enough to get by.  Lots of people do not need or use smartphones, tablets, or what have you, and I am one of those, so there's no need for any fancy translation/interface/syncing programs, either.

Most of the new hacks and other BS flying around the internet use exploits that simply are not present in the XP64 OS anyway.  Nobody is looking for me.  Mainly, there is also TONS less MicroSoft spyware and other monitoring that I dont have to worry about.

When you get to a point where you run your own stuff, you'll probably have a similar attitude about the tools you prefer.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Spook.5847 said:

It's my personal machine, and I use it as I please.  I am responsible for my own security and have had no infections of any sort, nor any troubles (other than the usual occasional hardware stuff) for the past 7 years.

Maybe you just don't know enough about the system to be able to handle it, but I certainly can.  After all, if you want it done right, do it yourself, eh?  But, there's an entire community of folks who still write programs, etc for XP - you should check it out.  Admittedly there is less for XP64, but enough to get by.  Lots of people do not need or use smartphones, tablets, or what have you, and I am one of those, so there's no need for any fancy translation/interface/syncing programs, either.

Most of the new hacks and other BS flying around the internet use exploits that simply are not present in the XP64 OS anyway.  Nobody is looking for me.  Mainly, there is also TONS less MicroSoft spyware and other monitoring that I dont have to worry about.

When you get to a point where you run your own stuff, you'll probably have a similar attitude about the tools you prefer.

Bruh I got 2 words for ya

Virtual Machine

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, LadyEden.7519 said:

How do you know it will be a piece of crap? We don't have all the information yet.

Scepticism might be warranted, but everything beyond that is a little premature.

They uh. Have a long history of not being happy with Anet and GW2 if you look at their comments. It is what it is, but yea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sorudo.9054 said:

you missed an option: not wasting money on this piece of crap

And yet you're still here -almost as if you'll buy EoD anyways, but just feel the need to spam messages like this to feel edgy.  🤔 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

They uh. Have a long history of not being happy with Anet and GW2 if you look at their comments. It is what it is, but yea.

Well, me too, but it's one thing to be unhappy about a product you have already tested/have all the information about and another to badmouth a future release.

Each their own, I guess. 😉

Edited by LadyEden.7519

Just now, LadyEden.7519 said:

Well, me too, but it's one thing to be unhappy about a product you have already tested/have all the information about and another to badmouth a future release.

Each their own, I guess. 😉

When it comes to stuff like this, yea i agree. "its useless" Isnt valid until the beta test at minimum, since we dont know. Also both Scourge and Reaper are decent elite specs, dunno why they say those are useless either..

And well, one can express concerns about content but..not in a factual way imo. "I dont think it will be useful." woulda been much better, yes?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Spook.5847 said:

Most of the new hacks and other BS flying around the internet use exploits that simply are not present in the XP64 OS anyway.  Nobody is looking for me.

Tell that to British Health services...... (ya know the ones that some time ago did suffer huge losses due to getting their entire system infected by ransomware that would fail to work against anything windows7 or newer)

It's my personal machine, and I use it as I please. 

but you said you only play the game on "work computer"? Are you self employed or sth? cause I don't exactly see how those two statements can get along together without contradicting otherwise.

But, there's an entire community of folks who still write programs, etc for XP

There is also entire community of folks believing earth is flat, it doesn't justify trying to cling on insecure antics.

12 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

And yet you're still here -almost as if you'll buy EoD anyways, but just feel the need to spam messages like this to feel edgy.  🤔 

The irony of this one is funny 😉

Already bought the Deluxe edition. No point in waiting, because I am going to play the expansion anyway no matter what they show. Guild wars 2 is the best MMO currently on the market. Its just a shame that Anet sucks at marketing and onboarding.

Edited by Chrysaliss.8720

Since it's not the sort of thing that will sell out or become low inventory, I can wait. Or, if I feel motivated to show support early on, that could be a possibility. It will be the basic version, as the extras do nothing for me at this point. I probably just want to see/play new maps more than get the new skins. Although, I might put off making more legendary weapons until we get more info. For my taste, too many of 1st gen were clowny (annoying?) for my playstyle and characters.