When can we get a playable Tengu Race? [Merged]

The Tengu are stunning, arent they?

I can't help but think something is coming at some point. The little tease in Champions about the Domain, the wonderful NPC variety, the pretty new armours on them... 

I think Anet must know how hyped people were about Tengu. I can't imagine they'd set this up and then not pay off in some way. 

Maybe they won't be playable, but perhaps Domain of the Winds as a story hub in the next LW season? 

• Like 1

Well, this one has been beaten to death in numerous threads, but after concluding the dragons storyline, it would make more sense than it ever has to introduce a race whose storyline begins afterward.
They did say playable tengu aren't a thing in EoD, but that doesn't rule out in the future.

Edited by Ben K.6238
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Appel.7062 said:

they also have several Ritualist Npc's and the class itself exists in the game.

yet they didnt give us one of the pillars of GW1's Cantha 🙂

I was surprised to not see it as an elite spec, but I guess core engi does cover a lot of the mechanics of the gw1 class and then scourge is kinda similar too. Not sure there is a way to make it different enough. 

I do however love the theming of the ritualist way more than turrets or vague yellow blobs. Maybe one day. 🙂

OP: I know it's been beaten to death and I know people are tired of talking about it.
Also OP: Anyway, let's talk about this for the 92'348650293846592346592348650938422039486th time while not adding anything new to the discussion.
The request for a definitive "No." from ANet is kinda new, usually the thread asks for that and the OP defends getting birb-people nonetheless, that's at least a twist to the formula of Tengu-threads. But was it worth opening a new thread? Really. Couldn't one of the other hundred threads be necro'd or better yet, couldn't this have been posted in the merger thread? OP knows exactly, states so even, that this thread brings nothing new to an age old discusion, why bother opening a new thread? Is it the (you)'s?

No. Merge with Tengu merge-thread. plox.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Maybe there is chance for being a tengu as a playable, but in the sequel.

When all threats will be solved - dragons and clean their minions, Inquest, Nightmare etc.

Then in sequel, however will it be called, maybe Guild Wars 3, after time leap the time will come to explore the rest of the planet. With new races:

- humans (of course but with started zone now in Cantha),

- Tengu (also Cantha),

- Charr (but evolved, so they can have more straight posture, with homeland in Flame or Ash legions lands or from Olmakhan tribe),

- Asura with homeland in Rata Primus - I assume the problem with Inquest has been resolved)

- Sylvari (how could they not be there when the time comes to explore, with Malyck's tree as a homeland or other Pale Tree that could be retrieved after killing Mordemoth. I also have another theory but it's not topic for this thread)

- Kodan, Norn or Ogre

- Quaggan or Largos (making armors for quaggan can be hard - look even at a charr nowadays and Largos just water humans, so it could be easier)

- and my favourite - centaurs (with homeland in Dry Top, another race with, another race that is hard to make armor for)

• Confused 1