Some suggestions for Anet after I watched the first look of End of Dragon

Hello, everyone, I'm a player who played Guildwars and Guildwars 2 for more than 12 years from Asia. I want to talk about some of my view about the new DLC and the problems of GW2.

I'm glad to see that GW2 will release the new DLC. In my country, there were more than 100 thousand player watched the live streaming last night. We are so excit. However, many players are disappionted about the new contents. There are some reasons.

rewards,

I believe that Anet misunderstands rewards. 99% skins of glides,mounts, boats are available by black lion. However, Player can no get many unique, high quality skins though PVE content in every month. And there are few things which player can enjoy when they finish most achievements. In older to get new skins, players have to play as gold farmers.

You know, players waited for several months, and what they can get from PVE content is few,poor quality, ugly skins.

The logic of MMORPG is get rewards which are unique,high quality,funny from PVE contents!

The logic of MMORPG is get rewards which are unique,high quality,funny from PVE contents!

If player have nothing could do in a game, they will left this game.

This is the main reason why HOT and POF failed, as a result,Anet have to laied off employees.

By contrast,98% monts,pets are available though PVE contents, which attract more and more player spend money, time on this game.

what are Anet need to do,

Anet should add a set of skins available thought PVE contents every two months, including weapons, armors, mounts, glides,boats and etc. Incoming the numble of player online is the most important thing in a Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game game.

Fishing,

1, Of course, fishing is a new function for GW2, but almost major MMORPG games already had this function in 10years ago.

2, We cannot see any rewards about fishing. In a decade ago, I fished in Northrend for turtle mount,and also I could got many pets though this way. I believe Anet will put all related skins into black lion instead of as rewards for player. Beside, Anet will design hunderds achievements for player without any rewards.

Boat,

I believe Anet will sell 99% the skins of boats in black lion, that's the main reason that POF failed.

3th generation legendary weapons,

I like the idea of a set of weapons with Aurene,I have thought that before. However, the problem is the rare class, legendary weapons. If player need cost as much golds as 2rd generation legendary weapons, that will be a nighmare. That will spend more than 2500G*16=40000 golds.

If players only need spend 800 golds on each Aurene weapons, and no more need wars gifts any more. I think major players can afford that.

Possibly,I wish players can make 3 sets of armors with Aurene topics.

Strike Missions,

I enjoy strike missions and the idea of challenge mode , but the rewards of strike missions are quite poor. Anet need improve it.

I wish Anet can design a lower difficult mode for the old raids.

Guild hall,

Of couse, all the guild halls in GW2 are beautiful. But, players in Asia have more interest in home system instead of guild halls. Most MMORPG games in my country have that system. Players can decorate their house in games. In past 9years, I only spend lest half a hour on playing in guild halls.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

I never understood the appeal for housing. 

It's like playing single player minecraft. 

The goal is to be creative but nobody will ever see what you did. 

Maybe if you make a video but it will be forgotten in a day. 

There is also no reason to visit another players home other then RP maybe. 

Housing is something I don't see players use much. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I agree that more good skins available via game play would be a good thing.  I don't agree that PoF "failed," though I agree it doesn't tend to command as much replaying as HoT.  I would *love* housing, given a robust system like in ESO when it comes to decorating.  RP is an excellent social system, it breathes life into games for many players, and roleplayers tend to stick with games for a very long time if their personal story telling is supported.

I would like to point out one word that your translator did poorly on:  "fun" and "funny" are two different things.  I mention this because I've seen the misuse of "funny" in a number of posts, not just yours.  I can see how a non-English speaker would mix them up.  "Fun" is the act of enjoying something.  A well designed combat is fun to fight in.  "Funny" is amusing, a joke you can laugh at.  A comedian with good timing is very funny.  Attending their stand-up show is fun.  I hope that is helpful.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alberte.2685 said:

Hello, everyone, I'm a player who played Guildwars and Guildwars 2 for more than 12 years from Asia. I want to talk about some of my view about the new DLC and the problems of GW2.

I'm glad to see that GW2 will release the new DLC. In my country, there were more than 100 thousand player watched the live streaming last night. We are so excit. However, many players are disappionted about the new contents. There are some reasons.

rewards,

I believe that Anet misunderstands rewards. 99% skins of glides,mounts, boats are available by black lion. However, Player can no get many unique, high quality skins though PVE content in every month. And there are few things which player can enjoy when they finish most achievements. In older to get new skins, players have to play as gold farmers.

You know, players waited for several months, and what they can get from PVE content is few,poor quality, ugly skins.

If player have nothing could do in a game, they will left this game.

This is the main reason why HOT and POF failed, as a result,Anet have to laied off employees.

By contrast,98% monts,pets are available though PVE contents, which attract more and more player spend money, time on this game.

what are Anet need to do,

Anet should add a set of skins available thought PVE contents every two months, including weapons, armors, mounts, glides,boats and etc. Incoming the numble of player online is the most important thing in a Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game game.

Fishing,

1, Of course, fishing is a new function for GW2, but almost major MMORPG games already had this function in 10years ago.

2, We cannot see any rewards about fishing. In a decade ago, I fished in Northrend for turtle mount,and also I could got many pets though this way. I believe Anet will put all related skins into black lion instead of as rewards for player. Beside, Anet will design hunderds achievements for player without any rewards.

Boat,

I believe Anet will sell 99% the skins of boats in black lion, that's the main reason that POF failed.

3th generation legendary weapons,

I like the idea of a set of weapons with Aurene,I have thought that before. However, the problem is the rare class, legendary weapons. If player need cost as much golds as 2rd generation legendary weapons, that will be a nighmare. That will spend more than 2500G*16=40000 golds.

If players only need spend 800 golds on each Aurene weapons, and no more need wars gifts any more. I think major players can afford that.

Possibly,I wish players can make 3 sets of armors with Aurene topics.

Strike Missions,

I enjoy strike missions and the idea of challenge mode , but the rewards of strike missions are quite poor. Anet need improve it.

I wish Anet can design a lower difficult mode for the old raids.

Guild hall,

Of couse, all the guild halls in GW2 are beautiful. But, players in Asia have more interest in home system instead of guild halls. Most MMORPG games in my country have that system. Players can decorate their house in games. In past 9years, I only spend lest half a hour on playing in guild halls.

POF has `` failed '' (and again this is wrong in terms of number of sales) because it had no repeatable content (especially metas in map)

nothing to do with the mounts in the cash shop which allow them to earn a lot of money to keep financially between extensions.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

And how many of those have to do with the expansions and not just to cash in on ‘events’ and holidays?

Very little holiday armor by percentage....Halloween has one. Which makes sense so you're dressnig up. Hot Had some, PoF had more  and Season 4 had a more as well.  Even Icebrood Saga has armor sets.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Very little holiday armor by percentage....Halloween has one. Which makes sense so you're dressnig up. Hot Had some, PoF had more  and Season 4 had a more as well.  Even Icebrood Saga has armor sets.

You’re paying for the expansion, so the expansion should include most of the armor. Instead, they give you two pieces per class that are ugly on purpose so you can pay for the gem store armors. 

Edited by Mortifera.6138
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

You’re paying for the expansion, so the expansion should include most of the armor. Instead, they give you two pieces per class that are ugly on purpose so you can pay for the gem store armors. 

There are like five gemstore armors in the whole game and I don't think most of them look better than stuff already in game. Just on the basis of percentage, you're way off.  You try to find ten full sets of armor in the gem store.  This is simply not a valid complaint. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vayne.8563 said:

There are like five gemstore armors in the whole game and I don't think most of them look better than stuff already in game. Just on the basis of percentage, you're way off.  You try to find ten full sets of armor in the gem store.  This is simply not a valid complaint. 

Of course I am including “outfits” and armor that isn’t a “full set.” This isn’t the first time you play stupid to keep from losing an argument.

Edited by Mortifera.6138
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

Of course I am including “outfits” and armor that isn’t a “full set.” This isn’t the first time you play stupid to keep from losing an argument.

Outfits are not armor. Anyone who buys a once size fits all outfit, is at a serious disadvantage in fashion wars. You can dye it and hide the helm and shoulders. I was only talking about armor because buying an outfit servers a different purpose to  me. Maybe for a character I"m leveling if I don't have a lot of transmutation charges and hated the way they look but really, the lack of mx and match? Outfits are not armor. They're not even a pale imitation of armor. 

Outfits are going to be in the gem store and armor is going to be in game. I wasn't playing dumb. I legitimately could care less about outfits.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Outfits are not armor. Anyone who buys a once size fits all outfit, is at a serious disadvantage in fashion wars. You can dye it and hide the helm and shoulders. I was only talking about armor because buying an outfit servers a different purpose to  me. Maybe for a character I"m leveling if I don't have a lot of transmutation charges and hated the way they look but really, the lack of mx and match? Outfits are not armor. They're not even a pale imitation of armor. 

Outfits are going to be in the gem store and armor is going to be in game. I wasn't playing dumb. I legitimately could care less about outfits.

Lol HoT and PoF barely even supplied weapon and armor skins that aren’t outfits.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

Lol HoT and PoF barely even supplied weapon and armor skins that aren’t outfits.

Plenty of Armor skins in PoF.  HoT several skins for armor including bladed, which I quite liked. There were exalted and chak weapon skins, several ascended unique weapon skins you could get from achievements, and plenty of individual weapon skins you could get from like pods in dragon stand. There was plated and machined weapons.  I'm really not sure what you're on about. 

And PoF had both more armor and weapons than HoT, not to mention the living world Season 4.

However, since you accused me of playing stupid to win an argument, I'm just going to stop replying to you. Feel free to get the last word.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I never understood the appeal for housing. 

To not be a Hobo. And a place to store things you've gathered on your journey and decorate. I mean, people literally do it now with guild halls. I don't see why they can't just wipe out the personal instance and let us do it there and put things where we want it.

23 minutes ago, Doggie.3184 said:

To not be a Hobo. And a place to store things you've gathered on your journey and decorate. I mean, people literally do it now with guild halls. I don't see why they can't just wipe out the personal instance and let us do it there and put things where we want it.

Jokes on you, my Charr live on an airship 😛

thats the issue with housing imo, not everyone wants a "house" some want an airship, some want a shipship, some want a cabin, a mansion, an underwater house, one in the mists, etcetc. Then you have folks who wouldnt ever touch it, and we know anet cares about that when it comes to content.

10 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

Jokes on you, my Charr live on an airship 😛

thats the issue with housing imo, not everyone wants a "house" some want an airship, some want a shipship, some want a cabin, a mansion, an underwater house, one in the mists, etcetc. Then you have folks who wouldnt ever touch it, and we know anet cares about that when it comes to content.

I'll take a house in a dome underwater then, like the Ruby Sea villages.

Edited by Doggie.3184

You compare GW2 to WoW in some cases (mount skins etc). But don't forget WoW has a subscription fee and GW2 doesn't. WoW gets cash already so they don't have to sell skins. I personaly wouldn't mind if Gw2 becomes a monthly subscription game or gets a VIP system if that would mean the content moves from the gemstore into the actual game.

4 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Ice reaver set (sold as individual pieces) - identical (and not sold separately) for 3 weight categories

Aetherblade - 3 different sets - one for each weight category

Flame sets : Flamekissed (light), Flamewalker (medium), Flamewrath (heavy)

Zodiac - 3 different sets - one for each weight category

Heroic sets: Profane (light), Krytan (medium), Primeval (heavy)

Trickster (light)

Phoenix (light)

Incarnate (light)

Viper (medium)

Magitech (medium)

Strider (medium)

Phalanx (heavy)

Braham's (heavy)

Rampart (heavy)

So, 21 sets (7 per weight category), and icereaver (which can count as one or 3 sets, depending on how you count)

That's pretty much around the same number as HoT+ PoF together

If we add skins from other sources (LS, WvW, SPvP, raids) ingame gets indeed ahead. Notice, though, that it's only because gem shop stopped doing armor sets completely around HoT launch and switched to outfits - of those sets only icereaver is new. On the other hand, icereaver is a sign that they may be returning to making gemshop armor again. And it is also a set whose quality is at the level equal to the absolute best that you can acquire ingame.

Where the true disparity shows however is not with armor, but with weapon skins. Here, there's simply no comparison, Gem shop churns out more and more sets, with their quality improving. At the same time, the ingame counterparts are much rarer, come in sets of reskins, and are generally of lower quality.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Konjo.4981 said:

You compare GW2 to WoW in some cases (mount skins etc). But don't forget WoW has a subscription fee and GW2 doesn't. WoW gets cash already so they don't have to sell skins. I personaly wouldn't mind if Gw2 becomes a monthly subscription game or gets a VIP system if that would mean the content moves from the gemstore into the actual game.

A MMORPG game means so many player can enjoy the game online instead of  have nothing can do online.  GW2 put 99% interesting skins(mounts, glide)  into gem shop, which means play can not get more rewards from PVE contents. You know, what player can get is few, ulgy, poor skins after waiting  for 2months or 4months. In contrast, every two weeks, you can find some new black lion weapen skin, and other skins with high quality. So, Anet believe players are donkey?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Hot and PoF didn't fail and they offered weapon and armor skins as did the living world content. You must be playing a different game than I am.

Could you please compair the weapon skins between getting from HOT+POF with black lion weapon skins. You can find most skins you can get from PVE content are poor quality and fewer numbers. Of cousre, 99%  suits, mounts and glide only can get from gem store. Players are hardly get any rewards from PVE contents. That's the problem.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alberte.2685 said:

A MMORPG game means so many player can enjoy the game online instead of  have nothing can do online.  GW2 put 99% interesting skins(mounts, glide)  into gem shop, which means play can not get more rewards from PVE contents. You know, what player can get is few, ulgy, poor skins after waiting  for 2months or 4months. In contrast, every two weeks, you can find some new black lion weapen skin, and other skins with high quality. So, Anet believe players are donkey?

Funny that, most of the skins i use arent gemstore skins. I find the gemstore skins usually ugly, flashy and obnoxious in most cases. Do i use them sometimes? Yes. But 80% of my armor is earnable in game.

7 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

Funny that, most of the skins i use arent gemstore skins. I find the gemstore skins usually ugly, flashy and obnoxious in most cases. Do i use them sometimes? Yes. But 80% of my armor is earnable in game.

let's figue out the number of arm skins which you can get from PVE content. (sorry, I don't know how to spell the name of skins in English.

2rd season: 1

HOT: 2

3th season: 0

POF: 5

4th season: 2

5th season: 1

Raid+pvp+wvw: 3 legendary armors 

SO, in past 9 years, the number of skins which players can get from PVE contents is 14 *3 light, middle, heavy) , and average year that you can get is 4.666.  

What's an interesting game. 

• Confused 2

42 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Ice reaver set (sold as individual pieces) - identical (and not sold separately) for 3 weight categories

Aetherblade - 3 different sets - one for each weight category

Flame sets : Flamekissed (light), Flamewalker (medium), Flamewrath (heavy)

Zodiac - 3 different sets - one for each weight category

Heroic sets: Profane (light), Krytan (medium), Primeval (heavy)

Trickster (light)

Phoenix (light)

Incarnate (light)

Viper (medium)

Magitech (medium)

Strider (medium)

Phalanx (heavy)

Braham's (heavy)

Rampart (heavy)

So, 21 sets (7 per weight category), and icereaver (which can count as one or 3 sets, depending on how you count)

That's pretty much around the same number as HoT+ PoF together

If we add skins from other sources (LS, WvW, SPvP, raids) ingame gets indeed ahead. Notice, though, that it's only because gem shop stopped doing armor sets completely around HoT launch and switched to outfits - of those sets only icereaver is new. On the other hand, icereaver is a sign that they may be returning to making gemshop armor again. And it is also a set whose quality is at the level equal to the absolute best that you can acquire ingame.

Where the true disparity shows however is not with armor, but with weapon skins. Here, there's simply no comparison, Gem shop churns out more and more sets, with their quality improving. At the same time, the ingame counterparts are much rarer, come in sets of reskins, and are generally of lower quality.

Great so you're saying in 9 years, the entire history of the game, we have as much as HoT and PoF put together. It doesn't prove the point being made, it proves mine.  Because the HoT/POF sets were all three weights, not just one.  And that doesn't count Season 4 stuff either and there was plenty of it. 

Thanks for helping me out. I also would like to say that the vast majority of that was early on and in recent years there's only been one complete set put into the gem store.  I hope they don't keep going down that route, but there was a point where Anet said they were reserving armors for in game and outfits for the gem store. Since that time, they've only put one full suit of armor in the shop.

• Like 1