About getting stacks of map currency from the "return to episodes" and the Legendary Amulet

I had this same thought until the last patch, where they added an extra achievement after completing Dragonstorm (the #23 achievement of the collection), which consist in talking with Taimi. So I guess the very last step of this collection is just... Well, talking with Taimi in order to finish this "season of dragons" and receiving the amulet.

I'm keeping the mats though. Just in case.

• Like 2

Yep maybe mats are meant to encourage players to work toward Season 3 and 4 legendary accessories while people are playing the episodes and due to the legendary armory.   But I did find it interesting that each return to episode gives at least a stack of map currency.    I'll keep them as well just to be safe.  🙂

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892

Reading the item description says you will get the item after finishing the meta. 

The reason they are giving such good rewards is probably because they do not want people to feel a 9 month content drought that we currently are in. Anet probably hoped everyone would have been happy doing DRM for 6 month to get their dragonslayer weapons. This did not happen, so they bribing the community to do 7 year content with good rewards.

• Confused 1

Now this is complete fiction, but what if they are going real with the "prism" theme from aurene and want us to combine all living world materials that are available so far to craft gen 3 legendaries? o.o With the mats each beeing one spectral color of light  that a prism breaks down :P? 

I still feel there are too many steps in the “Icebrood” phase of the meta achievement (8) for “LS5” alone. 7 could be Icebrood Saga  with one at the end involving some kind of treasure hunt/collection that might need map currency. I’m hanging on to two stacks of everything for now, anyway, just to be sure!!

Edited by Jong.5937

7 minutes ago, Jong.5937 said:

I still feel there are too many steps in the “Icebrood” phase of the meta achievement (8) for “LS5” alone. 7 could be Icebrood Saga  with one at the end involving some kind of treasure hunt/collection that might need map currency. I’m hanging on to two stacks of everything for now, anyway, just to be sure!!

The last patch, let us say "leaked" last achievement for "seasons of dragons" as "talk to gorrik and taimi after finishing Return to Dragonstorm". There are also visible achievements to talk with them after Return to Sirens Landing, and Return to Dragonfall.

Prior to that dominant theory was of champions being split into two meta achies, just as it was smeared over 4 updates.

I would agree with people saying that those currencies are to help people with aurora/vision while working on the Prismatic Champion's Regalia

• Like 1

I was thinking about this and think I found why.

Because of Aurora. You need them to create Gift of Bloodstone Magic and Gift of Dragon Magic. The amount you get is 250.

So that's my thinking of it. They are giving a soft nudge for people to go after Aurora as well and are probably checking numbers to see how many obtain that legendary after all the episodes drop until EoD drops.