Is anyone worried about the new warrior weapon in the upcoming expansion?

Verdict is Vengence.6912

Just now, anduriell.6280 said:

Yes I mostly agree with your vision but doubt about the AoEs.

By the icon I have suspicions the new spec with get unblockable stacks by using the adrenaline and the utility skills will be literally ammunition where the new spec changes the characteristics of the attacks, like staggering around the target(for some aoe) or applying conditions. 

Hmmm, even more unblockables you say? That would be fun. 

Just now, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Hmmm, even more unblockables you say? That would be fun. 

Umm it depends on the amount of stacks, if it’s just next attack I don’t think so it will be that much fun.

I expect anet to do something about the projectile hate creep anyway. We might see it today in the balance patch notes anyway. 

1 hour ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Umm it depends on the amount of stacks, if it’s just next attack I don’t think so it will be that much fun.

It would if that next attack were a burst though.

1 hour ago, anduriell.6280 said:

I expect anet to do something about the projectile hate creep anyway. We might see it today in the balance patch notes anyway. 

I'm surprised that they nerfed unblockable the way the did in the first place tbh. Should totally revert that change seeing as I doubt they can do the same with the projectile reflects/blocks like WoR, SotA, and WoD.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sneakytails.5629 said:

Willbender looks sick from the live-stream showing more skills and traits. Like a heavy armor thief.

Yeah... it looks pretty cool. Harbinger did as well.

I can see Virts stocking blades, popping into stealth and then jump shooting you with the skills that bounce off the terrain while in stealth. That sh!t is going to be toxic in competitive.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yeah... it looks pretty cool. Harbinger did as well.

I can see Virts stocking blades, popping into stealth and then jump shooting you with the skills that bounce off the terrain while in stealth. That sh!t is going to be toxic in competitive.

The devs were laughing at thoughts like that for the Virtuoso during the stream, its pretty clear that its going to be oppressive in the right hands.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sneakytails.5629 said:

The devs were laughing at thoughts like that for the Virtuoso during the stream, its pretty clear that its going to be oppressive in the right hands.

I saw Cal show off the trick and immediately had visions of getting ganked out of nowhere while capping a sentry as a Virt 360 no-scope jump shoots me with the terrain bounce skills out of stealth.

He threw out some epic shade though during the stream.

11 hours ago, Teratus.2859 said:

I know a lot of people want pistol but eh.. guns in fantasy games just don't do it for me.

I used to feel like this until I found out that Knights had firearms 😁. You should look up the history of guns, its interesting.

11 hours ago, Teratus.2859 said:

Would I like to own a Colt 45 or would I like to be able to spew fire from my hands?.. I mean come on that's not even a close contest right lol

Depending on the situation to be honest. They don't call guns the great equalizer for nothing. Can Harry Potter dodge a bullet? Nah lol.

7 hours ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

I used to feel like this until I found out that Knights had firearms 😁. You should look up the history of guns, its interesting.

Depending on the situation to be honest. They don't call guns the great equalizer for nothing. Can Harry Potter dodge a bullet? Nah lol.

Just to be clear, I don't hate guns or anything.. in real life i'd love to own my own for self/home defence and as a hobby, Guns are fun as hell to shoot in a firing range lol

It just in games, especially fantasy settings with magic and dragons and all that good stuff they just don't have the same appeal.
I blame this mostly on the fact that these games allow us to do all sorts of things we simply cannot do in reality like throw fireballs or shoot energy beams from our hands.

1 hour ago, Teratus.2859 said:

Just to be clear, I don't hate guns or anything.. in real life i'd love to own my own for self/home defence and as a hobby, Guns are fun as hell to shoot in a firing range lol

It just in games, especially fantasy settings with magic and dragons and all that good stuff they just don't have the same appeal.
I blame this mostly on the fact that these games allow us to do all sorts of things we simply cannot do in reality like throw fireballs or shoot energy beams from our hands.

I completely understand. I feel the same way about powers. Its called "fantasy" for a reason. It's the ultimate dream to be able to have any kind of magic or super power. In real life, even if I could only summon a tiny flame on one finger the size of a bic lighter, I'd be so happy lol.

And I may have advocated for guns in the fantasy genre but I'm kind of getting defeated by my own logic from my other comment.

8 hours ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

They don't call guns the great equalizer for nothing

If guns are allowed into a fantasy setting, the author/creator/developer has to explain why the bullets just doesn't go through everything and kill them lol. It really isn't a good idea to bring modern technology of that degree into a fantasy story or game lol. The suspension of disbelief kind of cracks.

After thinking about it, you were right 🤣.

• Like 1

Ah yes. Willbender. Although I appreciate the minors to an extend, I can't but stress the mobility on this thing and how everyone will still complain about Bull's charge warriors... I said it again yesterday but I'm still positive on that. 

Also, behold! Actual, damaging, with decent effects physical skills!!! Yet another field of warrior anet improved on for different specs. 

We are just the lab rats at this point I guess.. 

• Like 1