World Boss Rewards

I feel like world bosses could be more rewarding than popping as much magic find as possible and praying the loot has something good to sell/salvage.

To clarify before you go any further: There are roughly 1 million people playing this game daily(It jumps above and below but the average this month was 800,000).
Please consider that before make generalizations about the entire game's economy.

What does everyone(who bothers looking at this lulz) think about;

Daily first kill per world boss: 50 silver(Equaling 6 gold if you hit EVERY world boss once per day)
World bosses: 1 gold per kill (4 gold per hour)
Hard world bosses(Tequatl/etc): 5 gold per kill (5 gold per 3 hours, counting the "hour of" the boss)

This would preclude the ability to perform other gold earning schemes, as to get the most out of it you would have to dedicate your time to it.

Personally, I don't think this would cause too much inflation, though I do think most people would try to raise their prices slightly.

What's important about this is giving newer players(Or players like me that are too impatient to go for the big jackpots, I swear I'm not just lazy lmfao) a way to get gold
relatively quickly to buy the things they need, like runes/sigils/stat gear, and I think the pay off would be comparable to more complex gold making schemes,based on what I've read.
To be clear, the most complex gold making strategy in my own arsenal is selling daily login Mystic Coins. lulz

What I'm suggesting would allow "still leveling" characters to earn some consistent gold while leveling up.

And of course, it would make repetitive world boss farming much more appealing.

I'm just gonna drop this WHOLE post here;

"People aren't disadvantaged by choosing to do something else. How many people COULD be earning 25 gold per hour but choose to do something else? NERF THE GOLD FARMS, IT PUTS EVERYONE ELSE AT A DISADVANTAGE!

Please read my signature before arguing against something that could GREATLY benefit new players.

No one HAS to play anything in this game. They choose to. There are MANY reasons to choose one piece of content over another. Some are fulfilling achievements, some are collecting armor pieces for fashion, some are collecting crafting materials. Some are...etc etc etc

No one is at a disadvantage or being forced to play content by giving them a tiny amount of gold per world boss kill, something that is timed and can only happen so many times per day in the first place"

"I'm not talking about 1 person earning thousands of gold daily. I'm talking about thousands of individuals earning 8 - 16 gold daily, unless they're serious about gold farming and decide to do 24 hours of world bosses. But if they're serious about gold farming, why wouldn't they be doing 15-25 gold per hour instead of, what was it? 94 gold per day? If you kill every single world boss every 15 minutes without breaks or sleeping in a 24 hour period? Individually, what those people can buy with 8-16 gold daily is primarily crafting resources/sigils/runes/stat gear and maybe a couple of mystic coins if they're feeling flush with cash. Frankly, the trade post is over saturated with people trying to sell mats/sigils/runes/stat gear already and that 8-16 gold per individual is going to be further divided amongst dozens of other players in the process.

Edited by Ignaeon.3675
Clarity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

I did a math!
So, if there's a world boss every 15 minutes, that's 96 world bosses per 24 hours with I think 1 world boss per hour being a starter map world boss.

This comes out to, if my math is right, 216 gold per 24 hours + 24 gold from the starter map bosses (one starter boss per hour for 24 hours) = 240 gold per 24 hours

So maybe 3 gold per "average" world boss is a bit much. 1 gold per world boss would be MUCH better, limited to 96 gold per 24 hours(I really doubt anyone is gonna be staying awake for 24 hours a day farming world bosses...)

Hard world bosses, on the other hand, are 1 every 2 hours, meaning 12 x 5 = 60 gold per 24 hours, so I think that's about right.

This is all assuming that my math is right, which you should probably take with a grain of salt lulz

Edited by Ignaeon.3675
SPELLING!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Ignaeon.3675 said:

Daily first kill: 10 gold
Starter map bosses(Shadow Behemoth/Svanir cheiftan/etc): 1 gold per kill
Every world boss after starter maps: 3 gold per kill
Hard world bosses(Tequatl/etc): 5 gold per kill

Personally, I don't think this would cause too much inflation, though I do think most people would try to raise their prices slightly.

Let me get this straight. You honestly think that giving people 10 gold, for at most five minutes of work, will not cause inflation ? 

I am not event going to comment on the extra gold you want to get on top of that.

• Like 9
  • Confused 2

10 gold per day is huge? Everything truly worth spending gold on is hundreds to thousands of gold. Everything else is purely cosmetic.

You honestly believe 10 gold per day is terrible?

To put that into simple terms; 10 gold per day = 100 gold per 10 days = 300 gold per month

Aside from that, I did drop my suggestion from 3 gold per "average" world boss to 1 gold per.

I won't bother repeating any math, but the average player, in my experience, plays around 3 to 8 hours per day. That means 10 gold + 32 gold if playing 8 hours a day and ONLY world boss farming without missing a single world boss, which, bathroom breaks, eating, drinking, etc. I can't speak for anyone else but I tend to miss 1 boss every hour when I go world boss farming.

"Each tier of daily achievements provides around 5 gold. Completing every daily fractal on T4 will net you ~25 gold for an hour of your time (down to 30 minutes if you have a good group and the fractals are fast)."
https://metabattle.com/wiki/Guide:Ways_to_Earn_Gold

Edited by Ignaeon.3675
Simplification
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

As far as I am aware, currently the average farming for gold is 15g -25g per hour. So yeah getting almost half of that (10g) in five minutes is indeed huge.

Maybe the first day or two you will be happy because you might be able to get afew of the things you want. But after that the prises will inflate and you will end up in the same spot.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Well, I never said it's perfect, and as my second post should show, I'm more than willing to adjust the numbers to maintain a balance. Maybe 5 gold for the first daily kill?

Equals out to 150 gold per month from the first daily kill alone. Or even 3 gold per daily kill, equals out to 90 gold per month.

I just feel like 1 gold is a pretty underwhelming daily reward.

Hell, now that I think about it, what about 50 silver per daily kill per world boss? There are 12 world bosses, pretty sure, so this would equal out to 6 gold per day from daily world boss kills, IF you hit every world boss once. I think that should address your reward vs effort argument.

Edited by Ignaeon.3675

In case I came across as hostile I will apologise. it was not my intention. I only wanted to point out that the statment that this plan will not cause inflation was, at least for me, false.

Changing the reward stracture for these events is unlikely to happen due to their nature (open wolrd, low effort).

I only do my dailies, Teq and Dragonstorm for some quick gold. After that I just go do the content I enjoy and over time the gold will come.

Since you said you are not lazy, I suggest you do something similar because there is no real reason to rush. This game is amazing and offers a lot of contet for anyone to do. There is no sub fee so you can do whatever you want at your own time.

• Like 1

I understood where you were coming from.
I would like to clarify that I didn't say it would cause 0 inflation lol

"Personally, I don't think this would cause too much inflation, though I do think most people would try to raise their prices slightly. "

I realize the likeliness of these rewards being changed at all is low, but that's no reason to not try.

My biggest concern is genuinely newer players. I started the game a year or so ago, got to around level 40 and decided to buy PoF which came with HoT, and I was throwing all the gold I earned from my level 40(around 50 gold total) at gearing my new level 80 Dragon Hunter, leaving me literally broke

Since then, I've gone through, probably, 100 - 150 gold "perfecting" my necro/guardian builds alone, though I realize my insistence on creating my own builds cost me an extra 80 gold at least. lol

Edited by Ignaeon.3675

World boss rewards are in a good spot the way they are now. They give loot comparable to a lot of other activities in the game, so people are free to choose what kind of content they want to play. If you like world bosses, then great, go ahead, and if you don't, then you can safely ignore them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

What other activities? Like Mateus said, you can earn up to 25 gold per hour if you know how. I'm asking to earn 4 gold per hour AT BEST.

Can you give an actual reason and not just "Well, everything else..."
Because frankly, this is literally preventing you from pursuing other activities that could earn you 15-25 gold per hour for a measely 4 gold per hour at best.

There really isn't a reason to not do it. People who pursue other activities generally aren't farming gold and the ones that are farming gold could do a hell of a lot better than World Bosses with my changes.

To reiterate in no uncertain terms: My suggestion would offer a poor mans gold farming method to those individuals that didn't want to play the game uber professionally and hit every single daily every day.

Edited by Ignaeon.3675
  • Like 1

Earning gold in GW2 is really easy and there are many ways to do so.  

Being efficient in earning and spending gold requires an investment in researching how to do so.  If you are okay with spending your time chaining world bosses back to back, why not Silverwastes for a few hours instead?  Or follow a Meta Train through LWS4. Or hit up Bjora for Storms, or AB for Octo or do Fractal Dailies. 

or perhaps, do a different thing every day so you don’t get bored. 

wither way, changing world boss rewards doesn’t make sense to me when there are many alternatives that do offer better rewards per hour already. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Not everyone has access to the LWS4 or all of that other content. What I'm suggesting would allow "still leveling" characters to earn some consistent gold while leveling up.

And in the same vein as "There's no reason to change it", there's also no reason to not change it.

On a secondary note, most of the super efficient methods for gold farming require a party that knows what it's doing. Now, I'm not saying those parties don't exist, but will they let just ANYONE join them? Does every single player want to work towards playing in a group of players they may or may not know to earn gold?

What I'm suggesting would also offer pure solo players another method for gold farming.

On a final note, for this single post, I LOVE world bosses. Everything about them. I love how they look, how most of the fights feel, how there are events that lead up to them that have to be completed or the fight just won't happen. I f***ing LOVE world bosses. I generally do 2 to 4 hours of World Bosses every time I log in.
And I'm certainly not alone in either my love for or my adherence to world bosses. Why not reward the players that enjoy this content with more than just "Use all of these valuable banners/boosts to max magic find to hope for a decent drop.".

Edited by Ignaeon.3675
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ignaeon.3675 said:

Not everyone has access to the LWS4 or all of that other content. What I'm suggesting would allow "still leveling" characters to earn some consistent gold while leveling up.

And in the same vein as "There's no reason to change it", there's also no reason to not change it.

On a secondary note, most of the super efficient methods for gold farming require a party that knows what it's doing. Now, I'm not saying those parties don't exist, but will they let just ANYONE join them? Does every single player want to work towards playing in a group of players they may or may not know to earn gold?

What I'm suggesting would also offer pure solo players another method for gold farming.

On a final note, for this single post, I LOVE world bosses. Everything about them. I love how they look, how most of the fights feel, how there are events that lead up to them that have to be completed or the fight just won't happen. I f***ing LOVE world bosses. I generally do 2 to 4 hours of World Bosses every time I log in.
And I'm certainly not alone in either my love for or my adherence to world bosses. Why not reward the players that enjoy this content with more than just "Use all of these value banners/boosts to max magic find to hope for a decent drop.".

So you take away all the other loots and only get the gold then?

I never said take away the other loot lol

I don't do all of the crafting that I feel like most people do(based on things I've seen all around the community). I rarely have a use for anything the world bosses drop other than the super rare exotic. I mean, ascended crafting mats I have to trash cause I don't have the inventory/bank space to store thousands of it, which is how much I'd have if I stopped trashing them for a week(lulz) and they can't be sold, the other crafting mats are just TP fodder barely worth the time of going to the TP to collect the money.

And before someone says "You need to start crafting!"
This is a game. I play the content I enjoy and am for the most part perfectly pleased with the rewards of my effort.
I don't wanna craft. I'm not gonna craft. No, mommy, you can't make me!

Edited by Ignaeon.3675
SPELLING!
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Every type of event in the game has to be balanced against every other type of the game. There are a lot of factors at work here. What you're asking is not really simple.

A world boss is usually quite easy. You can hit 1, walk away, get a coffee and come back. You can stand there and let pets and minions do damage. Not every world boss is the Shatterer or Teq.   So giving any kind of decent reward for doing next to nothing is probably damaging to the game.

We have dailies that take 5-10 minutes and give you 2 gold. Teq already gives 2 gold, and so does Dragonstorm. The anomaly already gives a mystic coin worth 2 gold.

The problem is when you make something more rewarding everything else gets less populated. There are enough people doing the boss train now. There's no reason to make it stronger in rewards, unless you're going to boost everything else as well.  T4 fractals give more reward but they're much harder. 

There's no logic to thinking you can raise the reward for one type of activity and expect that it won't affect not just the game's economy but the game's traffic patterns as well.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Ignaeon.3675 said:

On the contrary, there are many reasons to not change it.

• it skews world boss rewards to the point where they are considerably more profitable for the investment than most comparable content, thus actively disadvantaging people if they choose to play something else
  • it accelerates inflation, which in turn disadvantages people that take a break from the game by accelerating the pace at which their formerly earned resources loose value
  • it funnels people into playing world bosses instead of other content by rewarding your time and investment considerably more
  • it encourages people to farm one kind of content, which is something this game is actively trying to avoid ("comparable rewards for comparable content")

On a side note, I hate world bosses. It bores me to flock to the ever same event every day. I much rather play around on the maps, explore places, do out-of-the-way events, and enjoy that the game still rewards me with enough stuff to reach my goals. I get it, you like world bosses, but that really is no reason to break the game's reward balance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

I think it's pretty simple. You're claiming balance, but there are only a couple ways to earn 15-25 gold per hour, but there are a thousand ways to earn nothing per hour. Are you saying that's balanced?

I am tired of the balance argument. You are literally sacrificing your ability to make 15-25 gold per hour by making a measly 4 gold per hour. This isn't unbalanced. What you're suggesting is, frankly, elitist.

"I've been doing this for YEARS and it's ALWAYS worked fine. Nothing needs to change because change threatens my personal economy." Is the only real excuse I'm seeing for why not to make the change. I'm genuinely not trying to be rude by saying this, but this is the argument that's being used repeatedly

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

People aren't disadvantaged by choosing to do something else. How many people COULD be earning 25 gold per hour but choose to do something else? NERF THE GOLD FARMS, IT PUTS EVERYONE ELSE AT A DISADVANTAGE!

Please read my signature before arguing against something that could GREATLY benefit new players.

No one HAS to play anything in this game. They choose to. There are MANY reasons to choose one piece of content over another. Some are fulfilling achievements, some are collecting armor pieces for fashion, some are collecting crafting materials. Some are...etc etc etc

No one is at a disadvantage or being forced to play content by giving them a tiny amount of gold per world boss kill, something that is timed and can only happen so many times per day in the first place.

Edited by Ignaeon.3675
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

On the contrary, there are many reasons to not change it.

• it skews world boss rewards to the point where they are considerably more profitable for the investment than most comparable content, thus actively disadvantaging people if they choose to play something else
  • it accelerates inflation, which in turn disadvantages people that take a break from the game by accelerating the pace at which their formerly earned resources loose value
  • it funnels people into playing world bosses instead of other content by rewarding your time and investment considerably more
  • it encourages people to farm one kind of content, which is something this game is actively trying to avoid ("comparable rewards for comparable content")

On a side note, I hate world bosses. It bores me to flock to the ever same event every day. I much rather play around on the maps, explore places, do out-of-the-way events, and enjoy that the game still rewards me with enough stuff to reach my goals. I get it, you like world bosses, but that really is no reason to break the game's reward balance.

Here's a direct argument against yours. Why don't you spend your time farming gold for 15-25 gold per hour? You're all over the map doing random things instead. Why not be efficient and farm all that sweet sweet gold? Is it because you prefer to do what you do over gold farm? How exactly does giving a tiny bit of gold per world boss kill disadvantage YOU, when you're already off doing something else other than gold farming?

Edited by Ignaeon.3675

8 minutes ago, Ignaeon.3675 said:

Actually the first thing I did in this thread was block your signature, because the sheer size is annoying. If you have something to say, you might be better of saying in a way that doesn't turn people off by the sheer presentation.

That said, I think you are missing a fundamental puzzle piece: those gold farms don't inject raw gold into the game's economy. Most of those 15+ gold per hour people are talking of come from meticulously optimizing the material gain, converting gained materials like unbound magic to other materials, and ultimately selling everything on trading post sell orders.

All those "worthless" rewards you get at world bosses, be it unidentified gear or crafting materials, are part of the puzzle. If you don't make use of them, that's on you. Like you said: you don't have to do anything, including researching what the rewards you get are worth and how to make best use of them in whatever you're after. You won't get raw gold thrown at you because you can't be bothered to check what already is available.

• Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Ignaeon.3675 said:

People aren't disadvantaged by choosing to do something else. How many people COULD be earning 25 gold per hour but choose to do something else? NERF THE GOLD FARMS, IT PUTS EVERYONE ELSE AT A DISADVANTAGE!

reward = effort right?

you want more reward for the same effort, or you want less reward for those who put in more effort?

if I decide to farm to earn gold, I am making a choice to put in some decent effort to earn that reward. World bosses are not difficult by any stretch, as mentioned above, auto attack, walk away. That’s the level of involvement required. You think that is worth 4g per hour?  

8 minutes ago, Ignaeon.3675 said:

I think it's pretty simple. You're claiming balance, but there are only a couple ways to earn 15-25 gold per hour, but there are a thousand ways to earn nothing per hour. Are you saying that's balanced?

I am tired of the balance argument. You are literally sacrificing your ability to make 15-25 gold per hour by making a measly 4 gold per hour. This isn't unbalanced. What you're suggesting is, frankly, elitist.

"I've been doing this for YEARS and it's ALWAYS worked fine. Nothing needs to change because change threatens my personal economy." Is the only real excuse I'm seeing for why not to make the change. I'm genuinely not trying to be rude by saying this, but this is the argument that's being used repeatedly

There have been several clear thoughts provided here and you discounted them repeatedly.

for real, if world bosses dropped more gold, I don’t think I would care too much in a personal sense. However, having enough experience in multiple MMO and seeing how economies have been effected by changes like these, it likely wouldn’t have the positive impact you think it would.

either way, blindly discounting the responses here  with quotes like that above won’t endear anyone to your cause. Some of us have been here for years and we have seen what changes like these can do, perhaps this is an opportunity for you to learn more about the game so you can come back with a well thought out suggestion that would have some merit. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Oh no, I make use of unidentified gear. That drop is OBVIOUSLY not worthless. I have a stack of over 100 green, around 50 blue and around 30 yellow just waiting to be sold on the TP right now, in fact.

Common sense should dictate what is obviously not worthless. Please use it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ignaeon.3675 said:

Here's a direct argument against yours. Why don't you spend your time farming gold for 15-25 gold per hour? You're all over the map doing random things instead.

Simple: because being "all over the map" still gives me good rewards (easily several gold worth of materials per hour an most maps) and good enjoyment while requiring less time to invest into researching and optimizing.

Your "throw raw gold at me for easy content" suggestion doesn't have the trade-off the current system has, it straight-out disadvantages everyone that doesn't follow that specific content.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So, hold on, running around on maps and doing events isn't easy?

The only maps in this entire game that give me ANY trouble at all, and by trouble I mean the potential for dying/not quickly completing the event/killing the stuffs/etc, are DLC maps and that's ONLY because a lot of that content is meant for team play and I don't usually play in a team outside of PvP and content trains.

So, you're telling me that jump puzzles that take 5 minutes and random events that usually take 5-10 minutes with a 15 minute timer on them are difficult/time-consuming?

You earn several gold worth of materials per hour on most maps, but 4 gold, AT MOST, per hour is absurd and not even worth considering? Now who's demanding that people play THEIR way?

• Confused 1