Guild claims and Alliances

Yuffi.2430

As a member of several guilds with WvW claim ability, I often claim more than one objective when I'm on a map. To do this I simply change guild, claim the unclaimed objective, and change back to the guild I'm currently running with.

When alliances comes online (assuming it actually does for the sake of argument), will this still work?!

• Like 1

A very good point.

If an Alliance is made up of less than 13 guilds, which seems very possible, then they won't be able to claim every objective on the (borderland) map.  Even if this workaround still functions, we're probably looking at a need to redo guild claims in their entirety.

Perhaps guilds can have an expandable capacity to claim structures with Keeps costing more than Camps.  Ideally, the resources needed to expand this capacity should come from WvW rather than PvE--Preferably from things that actually contribute to the game mode.  Wouldn't be a bad time to tone down the free stats and have claims give non-combat bonuses instead.

Currently you can claim structures with a guild who is on another server, so long as you are on the server of the structure you are trying to claim. Because if this I would not see that changing as you would still swap guild tags, claim and tag back to the guild you want to rep.

Remember they stated you can still be in many WvW guilds, you will just mark one as your main WvW guild and that will determine the "alliance" you end up in. However you should be able to mark one guild as your main WvW guild and yet tag full time for another roaming guild etc.

• Like 1

Nothing about guild functionality is likely to change.  Claiming structures will work exactly as it does now.  Unless you are asking if Anet will allow alliances to have a name (5 guilds allign with one another and call themselves "Alliance Name (AN)") and now the alliance can claim a structure.  Even if that feature is added, I doubt any changes will be made to how guild claiming currently works. 

2021.08.13 - Prediction - Guild claiming will need to change.

If you want a healthy competitive game mode & not a potential pressure cooker that further encourages toxicity.

Many details like this hasn't been properly mapped out in a serious Alliance's Roadmap for this game mode...imho

Told you so before it happens & let's agree to disagree.

I'll pass on giving an explanation because stuff like this should already be covered or open to discussion in a posted Roadmap that gets updated for the WvW community to go back to and reference.

Instead of a Roadmap....we have lots of repeated & disorganized threads that do nothing to guide the WvW community.

Sadly Forum experts here enjoy this way of discussion & mock threads that seriously try to maintain a discussion that is supposed to span across years for the purpose of being a Roadmap...imho

Yours truly,
Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

Edited by Diku.2546
  • Like 1

From what is known so far about alliances, Guilds are only put into account for the creation of the teams. So the team gets built out of players, that "checked off a mark on a guild as 'alliance guild' " and get put into an alliance based on their "alliance guild". Once the alliance is built, they get put together with other alliances and random players to fill up until they are a full "Team" (the "team" in this case is, what the servers+linked servers currently are). 
This doesn´t affect representing a guild, or claiming with the currently represented guild in any way, because marking a guild you are member of as "alliance guild" and representing a guild are completely independent and unrelated to each other

EDIT: 
iirc ANet also already stated, that changing your alliance-guild after the alliances and teams have been built will NOT affect your membership of your alliance. It will only taken into account once the teams and alliances get re-built after a certain amount of time (the moment when the "Re-Linking" is done)

Edited by Custodio.6134