[Suggestion] How strong your borderland determines how effectives objectives are in EBG

SweetPotato.7456

2 minutes ago, Jilora.9524 said:

No, that's not winning. That's Mag deciding to make most kills their objective while no other server plays that way. It's would be like SoS saying we won at 3am because they own everything or TC for dying the most. Winning the match is winning. Sure it don't matter so you can play however you want and make some objective internally but that isn't oh Mag won cause they had the most kills but dropped to t2. If you like focusing on kills great or k-train off hours or run from spawn over and over to die in 8 seconds have fun but don't try and act like you can change what winning is cause you decided to play a different way

They cancelled winning because "it leads to too much burnout".  That's gone.  Now there is only losing by dodging the opponents and flipping the dead empty maps to take the sting away.

• Thanks 1

"winning the match" however isn't winning, as ppt is worthless.

it's like i'm reading a book at a tennis court and u play tennis against no one, but act as if u make a point with each time u throw a ball into the enemy field (while there is no enemy). and then you shout at me "HA I WON"

^ ppt mentality in a nutshell.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

that is what i mean. and if u try to explain, people become salty and say "then scout yourself" or sth alike 😄 by time u know, whose calls u trust... and also when calls are fake or pranking or queue-busters.

and unprecise calls of people one does not know, yeah... people shouldn't wonder if barely anyone reacts.

potatoe has a pretty ppt-ish view on Wvw. for me it never is a win, if all we do is to have a huge ppt score. as ppt is still having at least 50% done during the EU off-hours.

and since there is not real competition, as there is nothing u can win (remembering the silver or gold dolly statues @ alpine spawns from the old Wvw tournaments) ... i see zero competition. and no prize. so how on earth can ppt score be taken serious, how can anyone feel to "win" with ppt?

Yea, at a certain time some people just become black holes with endless demands. People can only be at so many places at once and if the commander has to worry about queues, it's not easy.

As for me, I have no control over what happens outside my party/squad and also that applies to 22+ hours of the matchups per day. So none of that matters to me. The only thing that really matters is my personal impact. It's like me and my squad do fairly well and get some decent fights in. Then the enemy waits until we go to sleep and decide to take everything because "that'll show them". Yea, big deal. 😉

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

5 minutes ago, displayname.8315 said:

They cancelled winning because "it leads to too much burnout".  That's gone.  Now there is only losing by dodging the opponents and flipping the dead empty maps to take the sting away.

Sure all sorts of dodging. Mag themselves said in a thread our commanders decided mid week we weren't going to win this week. Now was it dodging or you saw hey if we stay we get to farm TC and get 70k kills was the reasoning and maybe you won last week to dodge JQ and that morning zerg that would mess with you getting everything by like 2pm or maybe you wanted to own BG keep again in ebg but still lose. Who knows what servers reasoning is now adays.

It sure isn't for fair fights and good matches. It's to dominate off hours with a k-train or fight weaker opponents for a high kdr and go look at us we won by some obligatory terms we decided to gage how good we are. 

None of it matters 

1 hour ago, Jilora.9524 said:

70k kills

Mag isn't super off hours or anything.  People prefer T2 because as an example this fine sunday morning there were very large eastern hemisphere guilds on both of the other servers.  Surely map queues on at least one or both of them if you've ever played on the asia stack servers.  Mag had probably 20 - 40 pugs.. hard to say since not many people were pushing it, not many hard bro's on at 9am - 6amPST sunday morn.

Now they will hybergate and flip dead maps until the wee hours again.  No bueno.

Edited by displayname.8315

15 hours ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

about the tactics pullers ... that is very very very likely simply trolls, not new players. it wouldn't happen that highly frequent otherwise. best to just ignore it really.

@SweetPotato.7456 because the structures themselves don't matter for people who mainly looking for nice fights. u need them to fight grossly overnumbers, okay.

but otherwise ... i often actively decide to ignore calls, especially since too many servers my accounts are on always again go towards tier1... and tier1 is the worst place to be, together with t5 (t5 should not even exist, but yeah). like, i would like to defend stuff, but once in tier1 and people ppt 24/7 till their hands melt, i am kinda pressured to avoid any ppt, so they eventually wipe and lose ppt score, otherwise the matchups getting worse with each week and more experienced players will again transfer off, leading the fights to become increasingly worse and worse.

that's the cycle, and probably always has been.

then you can just fight at spawn... 

On 8/14/2021 at 11:13 PM, SweetPotato.7456 said:

You judged, that's your problem.

I do dislike not having my Eternal Battleground Keep.  

But this idea wasn't because of making Maguuma pay,  just because I made a reply on another thread doesn't make me a Maguuma hater immediately. A lot of the "strategy" Maguuma uses actually align with my own, occupying other's objective and fight on enemy territory,   

Some of them players don't listen [most of them are great], but why should they listen to me, right, when they have friends to play 2 hours with, logs out and come back next day to play 2 hours and keep the server DEAD.  

My suggestion makes everyone have to work towards (at least working toward) the same goal, making a great server/alliance.

BTW, not that I have to explained to you, but Desert Borderland is my favourite map (even though, I am where I am most needed, I don't choose where to be, I am where I NEED  to be), I can say proudly that I know all the good place to drop a siege for defend/attack. Can spot enemy coming to stoic BEFORE they arrive 😛 but it's all no use to my server cos they don't listen. But, if borderland or all the maps is related to how good each other is progressing, then players have to cooperate. That is my goal for this post. 

Edit:
To the confused person, when you can't change the players, change the system 😛 don't be confused.

You can't force people to play on redbl. It's a game not a job. Sorry you are one of a minority that seem to like that map but you can't force the rest of us to come play there with you ❤️

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Celsith.2753 said:

You can't force people to play on redbl. It's a game not a job. Sorry you are one of a minority that seem to like that map but you can't force the rest of us to come play there with you ❤️

I play solo. You don't have to play where you do not like.  This this so Anet change the system, not forcing you to do anything ❤️ 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1