I don't believe Anet has ANY passion for Warrior.

Jzaku.9765

3 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Been a Warrior main for years, Guardian getting WIllbender? makes me want to re-roll Guardian. 

Its like, what I wish Warrior was. A martial arts expert with melee weapons that sticks to their target and punishes them and has ways to protect themselves. Why Guardian gets it? Makes me really hope we getting something awesome for EoD. 

I swear if we get pistol  i'm never playing Warrior again 😛 

Ive had my warrior for over 7 years now and 90% of my playtime has been on it.
Now I do agree the guardians new physical skills do seem 100x better than the warriors current ones, even the rage skills don't even come close. Lets look at Roiling Light a 15s CD stunbreak, it does damage, it blinds, it rolls back to evade and it flips over to do damage and CC! So what on earth is Outrage for?! It breaks stun. That. is. it.

Id love to see warriors physical skills (all of them) to  be updated rework reanimated to at least keep up with these new skills. Another good example is Headbutt vs Heaven's Palm.

However this is where I dissagree with you, Warrior needs a ranged 1 handed weapon (this will allow you to have more builds to work with for both mid ranged and close range) Warrior currently does not have a way to support its allies and be 'selfless' (please ignore banners for this comment, they are a very dry dull method of support, same with shouts) rather than its selfish damage only specs. Warrior still struggles to access some boons and conditions to apply to itself, foes or to allies. If anything shouts out, its a support driven pistol warrior (if correct I'd honestly ask of you to give it a shot (you may never know, you might even enjoy it more than playing all for the damage as it would be more involved and more active than the current warrior playstyle)). 

ofc they have passion for the warriors.

remember this amazing wild blow anumation they presented before heart of thorns?

here take a look image

and don't forget the spellbreaker, a warrior with a mesmers resused animations.... I mean a warrior with a mesmer's touch. yeah right.

if they don't make a bespoke espec for the warriors with great usefulness and beautiful animations this time, I'll scream like ramsay. 

Edited by artharon.9276
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

depends on how the pistol, its traits, and its utilities work though doesn't it?

The probability of those good things happened is low though I mean come on Lan, you know Anet 😛 😛
They even ignore our omnibus for warrior, well technically not totally ignored but applied to another class 😆

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

depends on how the pistol, its traits, and its utilities work though doesn't it?

If it even is pistol at all.

There are still other options for Warrior:

Shortbow

Staff

Sceptre

Focus

right hand Shield

right hand Warhorn

right hand Torch

For all we know, Pistol only has a chance of 12,5% to be Warrior's new weapon.

Even ignoring the rather unlikely right hand options, Pistol will only come out with a 20% chance.

And if it's going to be pistol, Arenanet succeeded in their goal of getting many Warrior mains off of Warrior.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DKRathalos.9625 said:

The probability of those good things happened is low though I mean come on Lan, you know Anet 😛 😛
They even ignore our omnibus for warrior, well technically not totally ignored but applied to another class 😆

I know, I know. But I can hope right?

Watch it end up being 5 hard cc skills though.

4 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

If it even is pistol at all.

There are still other options for Warrior:

Shortbow

Staff

Sceptre

Focus

right hand Shield

right hand Warhorn

right hand Torch

For all we know, Pistol only has a chance of 12,5% to be Warrior's new weapon.

Even ignoring the rather unlikely right hand options, Pistol will only come out with a 20% chance.

And if it's going to be pistol, Arenanet succeeded in their goal of getting many Warrior mains off of Warrior.

Focus would be worse than pistols, scepter as well.

Staff and shortbow could work though.

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Focus would be worse than pistols, scepter as well.

Staff and shortbow could work though.

As I already mentioned multiple times on the forums, Foci could work as fist weapons, while the Sceptres category could be used for Javelins. This way, using either (or both) of these categories wouldn't be all that outlandish.

Edited by Fueki.4753

29 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

As I already mentioned multiple times on the forums, Foci could work as fist weapons, while the Sceptres category could be used for Javelins. This way, using either (or both) of these categories wouldn't be all that outlandish.

Yeah, I just don't see them turning foci into fist weapons though, mainly because I don't see them putting them in the MH slot, and a OH only fist weapon makes even less sense.

Summoning javelins is one thing, which could be better done turning spear into a land weapon, which is more likely than turning foci into fist weapons.

Still we'll see what Anet has in store for us.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I'll be sure to bury your corpse with honor.

Land spear, or melee land trident would be cool af though.

Tridents, even if they are called that, are basically just staves for under water if you look at the big majority of skins.

Which makes me wonder why you are fine with tridents (aka underwater staves) to be used as polearm replacements for warrior, but you are against actual staves mimicking spears for land use for warrior.

At least the last comment I saw from you was that you are fine with spear for warrior, but not staff as a spear placebo...

Edited by Kodama.6453

9 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Which makes me wonder why you are fine with tridents (aka underwater staves) to be used as polearm replacements for warrior, but you are against actual staves mimicking spears for land use for warrior.

Because most tridents are designed as a "poke them with pointy end" weapons, and look the part. You can't poke someone with the pointy end of Nevermore.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Tridents, even if they are called that, are basically just staves for under water if you look at the big majority of skins.

At least the last comment I saw from you was that you are fine with spear for warrior, but not staff as a spear placebo...

Because tridents are still polearms. I want a polearm, not a placebo skin.

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

He thinks it could be used to summon javelins.

It's not about summoning javelins.

Warriors should just throw the sceptres, as if they were javelins.

There are some sceptre skins that somewhat look like spears.

And throwing the others is no more silly than Revenants or Daredevils using Kasmeer's Staff.

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

It's not about summoning javelins.

Warriors should just throw the sceptres, as if they were javelins.

There are some sceptre skins that somewhat look like spears.

And throwing the others is no more silly than Revenants or Daredevils using Kasmeer's Staff.

Is there any precedence of an elite spec holding the weapon differently?

I can't recall any. As far as I can tell, the stances in which the weapons are wielded are always the same. It was one point of complaint for mesmers with virtuoso, since the weapon is hold like other daggers, whe it is used as a throwing dagger, so changing this stance would have been appropriate.

With the way scepters get hold in this game, I think it might be extremely weird to see a warrior throw them as javelins.

Edited by Kodama.6453

34 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Is there any precedence of an elite spec holding the weapon differently?

I can't recall any. As far as I can tell, the stances in which the weapons are wielded are always the same. It was one point of complaint for mesmers with virtuoso, since the weapon is hold like other daggers, whe it is used as a throwing dagger, so changing this stance would have been appropriate.

With the way scepters get hold in this game, I think it might be extremely weird to see a warrior throw them as javelins.

It's been a long time since, but Daredevil and Rev hold Staff in a different way.

• Like 1