New elite spec weapon?

WERN.2836

2 minutes ago, Random Wax Orc.7695 said:

If this is just main hand mace, and not dual mace, then I am revolting... and go for standard and not ultimate.  Engineer has no variety in off hand weapons, and ignoring that fact in this elite is not going to fly after holosmith did the same thing.

You can join me in lighting Kodama's fuse on their avatar pic in your revolt. I don't have anything against Kodama at all. Just one of these bomb icons have to take the fall. 

33 minutes ago, SkyCakeLight.3750 said:

You can join me in lighting Kodama's fuse on their avatar pic in your revolt. I don't have anything against Kodama at all. Just one of these bomb icons have to take the fall. 

It's a bomb?  I thought it was a potion bottle since it has a cork on the top.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Xanhawk.3806 said:

It's a bomb?  I thought it was a potion bottle since it has a cork on the top.

I've seen it both ways, to be honest. It does look like a cork with a piece of rope tied to it, which would be my first guess. In any case, I just want something to explode. Boom! 

Since the leak say it’s a mace…

So I still wait for the confirmation from Anet and I think the type of new weapon doesn’t make the whole new elite spec being bad elite spec.

There are still other things such as new utility skills, themes and the elite spec mechanics ( like holo that got mh sword but also had the photon forge as a spec mechanics )

Sorry, I disagree.  Engineer sacrificing utility slots for kits, and having almost no weapon choice, results in low build/play diversity.  Unless Anet allows all engineers the ability to slot kits/utilities into weapon skill slots, then engineers deserve more/better weapon choices in their elites.  Mace/Mace or bust... so pistol/mace and mace/pistol both become options.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Random Wax Orc.7695 said:

Sorry, I disagree.  Engineer sacrificing utility slots for kits, and having almost no weapon choice, results in low build/play diversity.  Unless Anet allows all engineers the ability to slot kits/utilities into weapon skill slots, then engineers deserve more/better weapon choices in their elites.  Mace/Mace or bust... so pistol/mace and mace/pistol both become options.

We need a power weapons main hand for CORE since for ever! Mace could have been nice... but guess its gonna bbe lock behing elite spec maybe... 

Neat. I kinda hoped core engi would get a MH mace at some point, but I can work with this too. But it better kittening be a main hand. Or I'm gonna shoot somebody.

Literally no other choice.

1 hour ago, Xaylin.1860 said:

It could be Dual Mace. Or ranged Power Mace. Or Melee Condi Mace.

All those options are fine to me while I was hoping for sth. different. MH power melee Mace would be a no go for me though.

Not dual mace - the weapon box has only 1 mace in it.

Edited by Samug.6512
kitten

I honestly will not be surprised if it is Mace weapon. 

Mace weapon for Engineer has been probably the most demanded weapon for Engineer since GW2 began. 

I do hope the next Engineer elite spec after this one, if GW2 creates more expansion after EoD to explore the locations beyond the current known regions we have known since GW1, to be Greatsword in the future. 

It will be a great opportunity to introduce a Tech Sword Elite Spec in a future expansion where Engineer can customize their Main Hand Weapon's functions to give their main hand new skills or adjust them to fit any build they want through utilizing their engineering skills to modify their Main weapon.

Edited by EdwinLi.1284

20 hours ago, Lurker.3609 said:

It's been leaked during beta event - it's mace. Couldn't have been more disappointed. 
Hopefully they'll make up for it with awesome new mechanics and skills.

I'm hyped for now 😄 😛
Still hoping for it to be dual wielding and as a range
weapon. On a slow melee weapon id be a bit disappointed as well.

• Like 1

Imo engi always needed a good condi spec, condi mace seems power to me....
We got double pistols in core and holo is more power than condi focused.
Scrapper is supportive and power focused.
Mace seems power too for me.

Well its just as i see it but engi always needed a good condi spec to use the double pistols with a good condi focused elite spec weapon.
Holo has 1 condi skill in photon forge that has a burn duration of 1 second.
Obv Holo can also go for condi but it feels to me like its just made for power.
Scrapper is obv only power.

But we got Firearms where minor traits are all built around bleeding damage and double pistols in core for condi too but no spec thats made for condi dmg and mace screams power to me too.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Yung Reezy.8479 said:

At least it’s not scepter. Fingers crossed 

Dont let any thief main seeing this. I feel really bad for them tbh. 😂

For engi tbh i am afraid and curious at the same time.
As i already said above, i dont want a third power focused e spec for engi.
But at the same time its the first mace e spec that we see in this game. So i am kinda curious about the traits and the gameplay.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Dont let any thief main seeing this. I feel really bad for them tbh. 😂

For engi tbh i am afraid and curious at the same time.
As i already said above, i dont want a third power focused e spec for engi.
But at the same time its the first mace e spec that we see in this game. So i am kinda curious about the traits and the gameplay.

It will be interesting if it ended up as both power and condition so that players can choose which path they want based on the traits chosen in the Elite Spec Tree

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, EdwinLi.1284 said:

It will be interesting if it ended up as both power and condition so that players can choose which path they want based on the traits chosen in the Elite Spec Tree

Yup, I think it's gonna be hybrid spec. Easy to make a power and condi traitline, with two maces, or give the spec mechanics options to be power or condi oriented. 

22 minutes ago, EdwinLi.1284 said:

Yea like the harbinger spec actually but without supportive aspect.

Reason: 

Scrapper already has fair support imo and if we put away the support aspect, you can choose either condi or power or a third that just gives more variety you know...i think harbinger has no variety because it has support, power and condi so you strictly play this 3...or this 3...or this 3...theres no variety imo.

On 8/17/2021 at 6:00 PM, Random Wax Orc.7695 said:

If this is just main hand mace, and not dual mace, then I am revolting... and go for standard and not ultimate.  Engineer has no variety in off hand weapons, and ignoring that fact in this elite is not going to fly after holosmith did the same thing.

They have never done dual wielding weapons for elite specs. That would mean you can change your main hand or offhand weapon while still having a mace in other hand, which gives more options to the elite spec over other elite specs that get just main hand or offhand elite spec weapon. It is not going to happen.

5 hours ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Imo engi always needed a good condi spec, condi mace seems power to me....
We got double pistols in core and holo is more power than condi focused.
Scrapper is supportive and power focused.
Mace seems power too for me.

Well its just as i see it but engi always needed a good condi spec to use the double pistols with a good condi focused elite spec weapon.
Holo has 1 condi skill in photon forge that has a burn duration of 1 second.
Obv Holo can also go for condi but it feels to me like its just made for power.
Scrapper is obv only power.

But we got Firearms where minor traits are all built around bleeding damage and double pistols in core for condi too but no spec thats made for condi dmg and mace screams power to me too.

I had been hoping for a good condi spec as well. Doing condi holo is sooo hard to hit good dps compared to other specs. I have troubles with it and I mained engineer since the beginning. It seems with Mace this just doesn’t sound like a spec that is going to do well with condi 😒

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

They have never done dual wielding weapons for elite specs. That would mean you can change your main hand or offhand weapon while still having a mace in other hand, which gives more options to the elite spec over other elite specs that get just main hand or offhand elite spec weapon. It is not going to happen.

Didn't warrior get dual weapons? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1