Legendary armor, which to choose and where to start?

for fresh start i suggest you go with the wvw one. it take a bit more time.but much easier. it just simply run with zerg group and stay alive.  only thing you need is a good and strong sever. 

if you want a bit of rush, go with PVE one, is the fastest in all 3. but u need do a bit of homework, watch and learn the Boss mechanic before you join the group. W1~4 is not hard. and also better find a regular guild group to run with you. you also need Discord and a bit more communicate with your team mate.  you can always try lfg to start with.

for PVP one. imo is the hardest to get. only because it require Rank 100 to be able to craft that. which will take much longer to reach. unless you are really good at PVP and a long term pvp player. dont go with that.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

You'll never be able to complete the diamond chest each week if you just roam (even a couple of hours a day). I've been in a WvW guild for years until it fade and the amount of progression you earn being in a dedicated group assaulting fortress and constantly battling vs zergs can't compare with going solo chopping camps and having ocasional skirmishes with roamers or duellist.

I roam and I regularly complete diamond. It has everything to do with how long you  stay in one map, and how much of that time  was outnumbered.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I roam and I regularly complete diamond. It has everything to do with how long you  stay in one map, and how much of that time  was outnumbered.

Yeah, if you're on holydays or jobless and you can stay in WvW 5-6 hours a day I'm sure is viable (not very efficient in terms of earning gold, but neat to get the juicy legendary armor). But if you have a 8 hours/day job, and you can only spent at most a couple of hours a day, and maybe an arfernoon or two the weekends, you won't get those diamond chest. The outnumbered tip is legit, tho.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

Yeah, if you're on holydays or jobless and you can stay in WvW 5-6 hours a day I'm sure is viable (not very efficient in terms of earning gold, but neat to get the juicy legendary armor). But if you have a 8 hours/day job, and you can only spent at most a couple of hours a day, and maybe an arfernoon or two the weekends, you won't get those diamond chest. The outnumbered tip is legit, tho.

I have a day job? It doesnt take 5-6 hours a day if you have any ranks. It really all boils down to:

Do you have outnumbered

Did you complete wood last week

How is your server doing

Even at no ranks, with outnumbered and having done wood the previous week that is 9 pips. That is like 13.5 hours of game time a week to cap diamond, 11 hours if you side has the highest war score and you manage to find an Outnumbered map the entire time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

People use that argument often in the game and plenty of people who have full time jobs, families, and so forth have no issues.  Please don't generalize.

Thankfully there is a handy calculator on the wiki that will help you estimate the time per week and number of weeks to get the wvw tickets based on each person's set of assumptions

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Special:RunQuery/WvW_skirmish_pip_query?

Outnumbered is great for pips, but the flip side is that some outnumbered situations can also really suck the fun out of actually playing - sure, you get five extra pips, but do you really want to be spawn camped 20 v 5 for 2 hours a day, seven days a week, for six months in a row?  IMO, 100% outnumbered is not a reasonable assumption, as it is not always available depending on day of the week, time of day, servers, EBG or borderland, etc.  If you're having fun playing wvw anyways it will be way easier than tunnel visioning on grinding pips.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/17/2021 at 8:17 PM, JUN YANG.4328 said:

for PVP one. imo is the hardest to get. only because it require Rank 100 to be able to craft that. which will take much longer to reach. unless you are really good at PVP and a long term pvp player. dont go with that.

This is not true. You only need to be rank 20, which gets you into ranked matches, where you can start getting ascended shards.

Rank 100 is only required if you want the shiny mistforged glorious armor. The “normal” legendary armor is much easier to get.