9th anniversary supply drop

If you're trying to decide if it's worth getting it's best to assume the current selection is what you'll get to choose from. The vouchers are updated to include new skins sometimes, but we don't know if that will happen before/when it's released. If you're only considering it because you're hoping a new skin will be added that's a pretty big gamble.

Also it almost certainly won't include any skins which were exclusive to black lion chests as those are never in the voucher selections.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, XceptOne.9134 said:

kitten, would have hope for something exclusive considering the price

As far as I remember the Supply Drops have never included exclusive items. At most they include things like the mythic weapon skins which are only available in bundles. The benefit of them is that it's a lot of stuff for the price, if you add up the gem/gold values of all the items (even just the stuff that can be bought directly) it's more than the supply drop costs, even at the highest price.

Of course it's unlikely anyone will want all the stuff in there. My approach is only to add up what I'd pay for the parts I'd buy seperately, and then compare that to what the whole package costs and only get it if the pack is cheaper. (Importantly what I'd pay isn't necessarily what Anet typically charges, for example I only buy mount select licences when they're on sale, so I use the sale price of 840 gems, not 1,200.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heeey while we are at it, instead of making a new topic I'll just post my question here!

Is there any way True Assassin outfit will be among the outfits of choice once we get the voucher?
It's the only outfit I want badly but it's not in gem store 😞
When I type the chat codes to preview the outfit voucher, I don't see that particular outfit anywhere...
Also do we know when True Assassin outfit could be returning to Gem Store? 

Thanks ! 🙂

6 minutes ago, Blur.3465 said:

Heeey while we are at it, instead of making a new topic I'll just post my question here!

Is there any way True Assassin outfit will be among the outfits of choice once we get the voucher?
It's the only outfit I want badly but it's not in gem store 😞
When I type the chat codes to preview the outfit voucher, I don't see that particular outfit anywhere...
Also do we know when True Assassin outfit could be returning to Gem Store? 

Thanks ! 🙂

Newer outfit, not included in the drop, I'd probably keep an eye out for later in the year, since it was in the store in April/May.  They don't say when things will return, so hope you get it soon!

• Thanks 1

On 8/19/2021 at 6:52 AM, XceptOne.9134 said:

kitten, would have hope for something exclusive considering the price

I don't really understand this thought process. The price is cheap for what you're getting if you don't have a lot of stuff already. If you have a lot of the stuff you want, it's less cheap, obviously.

To put it another way you get 2 mount select licenses that would normally cost 1200 each. One of them is from a brand new as yet unseen mount license, so you get to pick your favorite mount skin from that. The other gives you a skin to choose from various other mount packages that already exist. But each still costs 1200 gems if you were to buy them.

Those two things pay for the entire pack. The six keys, the back/glider combo, the chairs, the weapon, the outfit would all then be free. Why would you actually expect something exclusive in that, when in fact, you're playing for two skin select licenses and nothing else.   

You can break down that caculation any way you like. I would be enough of the pack over time that I'm saving money, even if I'm getting an outfit or a weapon I don't care for.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I don't really understand this thought process. The price is cheap for what you're getting if you don't have a lot of stuff already. If you have a lot of the stuff you want, it's less cheap, obviously.

To put it another way you get 2 mount select licenses that would normally cost 1200 each. One of them is from a brand new as yet unseen mount license, so you get to pick your favorite mount skin from that. The other gives you a skin to choose from various other mount packages that already exist. But each still costs 1200 gems if you were to buy them.

Those two things pay for the entire pack. The six keys, the back/glider combo, the chairs, the weapon, the outfit would all then be free. Why would you actually expect something exclusive in that, when in fact, you're playing for two skin select licenses and nothing else.   

You can break down that caculation any way you like. I would be enough of the pack over time that I'm saving money, even if I'm getting an outfit or a weapon I don't care for.

The thought being "anniversary" in the name suggested to me that during this special occasion, one would expect something exclusive to celebrate. 

• Confused 1

On 8/18/2021 at 10:20 AM, Fuchslein.8639 said:

For the back and glider voucher, is probably only selectable what is in the wiki?

You can only pick any backglider combo that has been sold through the gemstore.

Also the wiki list is outdated, Anet usually updates the list when they put the vouchers on sale. So expect any backglider launched the previous year to appear there (except black lion chest exclusives, of course).

Edited by Wolfb.7025