Change Request: Summoned Elementals Should Not Disappear Upon Players Mounting

Virtuality.8351

Necromancers have already got their minions fixed. It's time for a change so that we elementalists can keep our companions, be it on foot or mounted!Maybe we can have it work like the following:Upon players mounting, elementals concentrate, transform into energy and infuse with the player character. And then when players get off their mounts, the energy dissipates from the player character and the elementals spawn again.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

• 2 months later...

Fully support this.

Also fully support taking the duration off elementals as well, let me play a summoner!!! lolElementalists should be able to have summons up constantly like Necro's it would not in any way diminish the Necromancer.Ele's at best can have 2 summons up at once via skills, Necros can have more than 10.. giving ele summons perma durations would only be a good thing.

• Like 4

Yeah tbh it kinda sux to lose my elementals to my mount

@Teratus.2859 said:Fully support this.

Also fully support taking the duration off elementals as well, let me play a summoner!!! lolElementalists should be able to have summons up constantly like Necro's it would not in any way diminish the Necromancer.Ele's at best can have 2 summons up at once via skills, Necros can have more than 10.. giving ele summons perma duration would only be a good thing.

Thats however is taking too far, already elemental precast are a HUGE DPS making them last would be unbalanced, as for changes i think what we need is not a buff but a nerf, esp the ult, the healing and chill application of ice golem is too OP he can _melt _define bars like butter with the ground chill and the healing is too OP, the fire elemental should become ranged since its very low HP just like air elemental, earth elemental is too boring they should change the active ability to be something more interesting, like the earth golem turning into a rubble mound blocking projectile attacks essentially an on demand walking pillar to hide behind that would be uber interesting

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

@Teratus.2859 said:Fully support this.

Also fully support taking the duration off elementals as well, let me play a summoner!!! lolElementalists should be able to have summons up constantly like Necro's it would not in any way diminish the Necromancer.Ele's at best can have 2 summons up at once via skills, Necros can have more than 10.. giving ele summons perma durations would only be a good thing.

You're not up to date, they changed the glyphs and you can now have up to 5 elementals at once, not just 2. That's also why it would be a nice QoL change to have them stay despite mounting.

• 2 years later...

Because elementals are timer based, we wouldn't be able to pause the timer when mounting, as then the skill would cooldown and you could dismount, summon, and remount to pause another timer, thus getting FAR more than the intended number of elementals.

This means that the best way to implement this would be to just keep track of all the timers still in place and have them keep going until you dismount. Once you do, whatever elementals that would still be alive if you hadn't mounted during that time would resummon with whatever amount of time they would have had left.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

17 hours ago, Thorne Templar.6784 said:

Because elementals are timer based, we wouldn't be able to pause the timer when mounting, as then the skill would cooldown and you could dismount, summon, and remount to pause another timer, thus getting FAR more than the intended number of elementals.

This means that the best way to implement this would be to just keep track of all the timers still in place and have them keep going until you dismount. Once you do, whatever elementals that would still be alive if you hadn't mounted during that time would resummon with whatever amount of time they would have had left.

You can't get more than the intended number of elementals. If you go to Heart of Maguuma and use Adrenal Mushroom, or go to Fractals and use Mistlock Singularity, you'll see that the cap is always five, which is already possible to hit in normal combat with the glyph recharge reduction trait combined with the Alacrity boon.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 2

Just a random point of view:

1) Elementals should be permanent, obviously limited to 2 elementals at the same time (1 from utility, 1 from elite)

2) Due to the permanency, when elementals are summoned, the summon skill will change in a despawn skill with a related "self distruction" or kind so effect, necessary if you want to change elemental (for exemple, the Air Elemental can turn itself into electricity and rush the target, dealing damage + stun on impact, and disappearing; about the animation, devs can simply use the Ride the Lightning one)

3) Due to the despawn kind-of-necessary skill, elite elementals will lose the active skill, so that should became automatic, or eventually activable in other ways (I don't really like this but it's a consequence of the rest)

4) To follow the topic, they should not disappear while mounting or changing map or whatever

Making Elementals permanent can actually give more value to a tanky elemental like Earth one.

Not shure if they'd need a nerf in this case tho, maybe a few stats reductions, but still, they won't be immortal so I dunno, what do you think?

Edited by Val.7826
grammar
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2023 at 11:43 AM, Val.7826 said:

3) Due to the despawn kind-of-necessary skill, elite elementals will lose the active skill, so that should became automatic, or eventually activable in other ways (I don't really like this but it's a consequence of the rest)

Or just flip to an ammo skill once summoned for their current special skill. One charge; while there are no charges it flips back to the summon skill if you want a different elemental.

• Like 4

On 5/21/2023 at 2:42 PM, Mogsterfortytwo.6712 said:

Or just flip to an ammo skill once summoned for their current special skill. One charge; while there are no charges it flips back to the summon skill if you want a different elemental.

Yeah I guess it could work too, needs a skill for both the utility and elite

Edited by Val.7826
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...