Scourge in high fractals

I want one of the devolopers to play as scourge in high fractals and tell me how you will survive without the death shroud we used to have as reaper and with the recent nerf you gave us by the cds you increaseAnd if we didn't spam the sand shades fs to save some for f5 barrior other players will kick us for low dps and if we spam all we can do is 10 or 20 sec of using for the life force before we run out of it.

I swear to god they kick if you don't spam( dont anyone say its bull5hit because its real)

Arenanet tell us whats your plan for the necro and when you will stop rape this class?

I believe we all pay equallyWe all bought all of your stories and expansionsWe all buy the outfits and finishers we are playing this game just like other player's classes

So treat us fair and do something about us being able to play in higher fractals.

Dont say anything about the reaper tho because we already know he is unwelcome spac

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@silent killer.5732 said:I want one of the devolopers to play as scourge in high fractals and tell me how you will survive without the death shroud we used to have as reaper and with the recent nerf you gave us by the cds you increaseAnd if we didn't spam the sand shades fs to save some for f5 barrior other players will kick us for low dps and if we spam all we can do is 10 or 20 sec of using for the life force before we run out of it.

I swear to god they kick if you don't spam( dont anyone say its bull5hit because its real)

Arenanet tell us whats your plan for the necro and when you will stop kitten this class?

I believe we all pay equallyWe all bought all of your stories and expansionsWe all buy the outfits and finishers we are playing this game just like other player's classes

So treat us fair and do something about us being able to play in higher fractals.

Dont say anything about the reaper tho because we already know he is unwelcome spac

How do eles survive?

@zealex.9410 said:

@silent killer.5732 said:I want one of the devolopers to play as scourge in high fractals and tell me how you will survive without the death shroud we used to have as reaper and with the recent nerf you gave us by the cds you increaseAnd if we didn't spam the sand shades fs to save some for f5 barrior other players will kick us for low dps and if we spam all we can do is 10 or 20 sec of using for the life force before we run out of it.

Arenanet tell us whats your plan for the necro and when you will stop kitten this class?

How do eles survive?

Blocks and passive heal and damage reduce. When they create the ele they were aware of his low health so they gave him the tools to surviveBut when it comes to the necromancer everyone says we have massive life bar and what I mean by everyone i mean even the devolopers who didint gave us the tools to survive

@silent killer.5732 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

How do eles survive?

Blocks and passive heal and damage reduce. When they create the ele they were aware of his low health so they gave him the tools to surviveBut when it comes to the necromancer everyone says we have massive life bar and what I mean by everyone i mean even the devolopers who didint gave us the tools to survive

Which none but Gale Song for Tempest and Sandstorm for some group of trash mobs (which helps the whole party and not only the individual) are used in meta builds. The meta is full glass cannons, and Elementalists are the glassiest of the bunch with close to zero defensive options when playing a meta build. If you doubt this, try playing one for a while.

@CptAurellian.9537 said:

@nsleep.7839 said:By using the same mechanic available to every character in this game: dodging.This. My necro colleague is doing very fine in fractals.

Your limit is t3

I was running toughness in my reaper because i was running build i created by my own to become healing reaper which is good and I always carry people with it but i don't do a lot of damage. And i kept running the very same build when the PoF released with my scourgeAnd i did very good with that build but the problem is scourge meant to be the highest dps build in the necros and if you don't do enough dps you are worthless so i forced to change the status of the ascended gears i have plus the rings and weapons

Now i am the glass class who act like someone without arWhen i got hit i struggle a lot in order to regain my healthAnd the battle become more difficult when i my health dropped to the threshold

@nsleep.7839 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

How do eles survive?

Which none but Gale Song for Tempest and Sandstorm for some group of trash mobs (which helps the whole party and not only the individual) are used in meta builds. The meta is full glass cannons, and Elementalists are the glassiest of the bunch with close to zero defensive options when playing a meta build. If you doubt this, try playing one for a while.

I can relate tbh the elementalist also defenciveless and both need some serious work

@CptAurellian.9537 said:

@CptAurellian.9537 said:

@nsleep.7839 said:By using the same mechanic available to every character in this game: dodging.This. My necro colleague is doing very fine in fractals.

Your limit is t3You should buy a new crystal ball, it's obvious that your current one is broken.

How come?

I don't know what to say.....this post is so silly.

Drop malicious scepter, select parasitic contagion trait with the minion heal, and you're virtually immortal unless you eat one shot mechanics.

You're gaining about 1k health or more per second just by grabbing parasitic contagion and the healing minion if you want the training wheels.

Otherwise you can just use the healing minion and still be fine since unlike the other necro specs, no shroud is stopping the minion from healing you up.

@silent killer.5732 said:I want one of the devolopers to play as scourge in high fractals and tell me how you will survive without the death shroud we used to have as reaper

Same way every other class has since the games inception, learning what and where to dodge and positioning yourself correctly to avoid mechanics, just because you've come to rely on a second healthbar to eat damage doesn't mean you should always expect it to be there as your crutch.

Are we talking about T4 or challenge modes?

Challenge modes I can kinda get until people get used to their rotation a bit more and stuff, but T4? Come one. That content has been faceroll easy for months/years now.

I would recommend the following though: get another character fractal T4 ready and play a bit on him. Then go back to necro/scourge. You'll notice the mistakes you make positioning wise immediately on something like a say DH, tempest/weaver or cPS (and those classes I actually find quite tanky compared to the rest).

This is why I’ve always disliked Necro’s in t4 fractals and cms. So many unskilled players picking the class to get carried by an extra life bar in reaper doing terrible dps, not knowing their own class.No all Necros were bad, but huge amounts were. Necros in t4’sas were like bear bow rangers

Scourge is no more "squishy" than other classes. Learn to dodge like every other class.

@"silent killer.5732" said:I want one of the devolopers to play as scourge in high fractals and tell me how you will survive without the death shroud we used to have as reaper and with the recent nerf you gave us by the cds you increaseSurvival is obviously easier with Reaper shroud, but it's not required for T4 fractals. Thieves have no such shroud and (with skilled play) they survive, too.

And if we didn't spam the sand shades fs to save some for f5 barrior other players will kick us for low dps and if we spam all we can do is 10 or 20 sec of using for the life force before we run out of it.

There are always inflexible players in every game mode. Start your own group, look for a static group, or ask upfront what the group is looking for. My static only cares about whether people can keep up, not what class they play.

Scourge is a lot of fun to play, does some great damage if played well, some decent support. It's not "optimal" on QT's list, but that doesn't mean it's insufficient for T4 fracts (or even raids).

Scourge already can play in higher fractals; they are already treated fairly (as fairly as elementalist? well, probably not)

Dont say anything about the reaper tho because we already know he is unwelcome spacSpec isn't the deciding factor in how easy fractals are for a PUG. It's entirely how well people know the mechanics and how their class can help the group. I welcome any player that understands that and I encourage folks not to be prejudiced about the class, especially not people who main that class.

tl;dr Scourge can already be successful in T4 fractals.

@Cyninja.2954 said:Are we talking about T4 or challenge modes?

Challenge modes I can kinda get until people get used to their rotation a bit more and stuff, but T4? Come one. That content has been faceroll easy for months/years now.

I would recommend the following though: get another character fractal T4 ready and play a bit on him. Then go back to necro/scourge. You'll notice the mistakes you make positioning wise immediately on something like a say DH, tempest/weaver or cPS (and those classes I actually find quite tanky compared to the rest).

That definitely will helpThanks > @Lunaire.9741 said:

This is why I’ve always disliked Necro’s in t4 fractals and cms. So many unskilled players picking the class to get carried by an extra life bar in reaper doing terrible dps, not knowing their own class.No all Necros were bad, but huge amounts were. Necros in t4’sas were like bear bow rangers

Scourge is no more "squishy" than other classes. Learn to dodge like every other class.

Hello dudeWhen the dodging concider as " know your class "?

And i know my class more than a lot of the necros in pve but i end my argument Because anet sent me a warningThats why i find it unworthy to continue arguing about that topic

"thats why I've always disliked necros in t4 "Please like us

There is no know your class when it comes to the scourge and i will be waiting to see anyone who play with it on youtube . If there's one..

Stop talking about theory and suggest things while you all didn't try it yourself

"dodge" yea idk what is that

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"silent killer.5732" said:I want one of the devolopers to play as scourge in high fractals and tell me how you will survive without the death shroud we used to have as reaper and with the recent nerf you gave us by the cds you increaseSurvival is obviously easier with Reaper shroud, but it's not required for T4 fractals. Thieves have no such shroud and (with skilled play) they survive, too.

And if we didn't spam the sand shades fs to save some for f5 barrior other players will kick us for low dps and if we spam all we can do is 10 or 20 sec of using for the life force before we run out of it.

There are always inflexible players in every game mode. Start your own group, look for a static group, or ask upfront what the group is looking for. My static only cares about whether people can keep up, not what class they play.

Scourge is a lot of fun to play, does some great damage if played well, some decent support. It's not "optimal" on QT's list, but that doesn't mean it's insufficient for T4 fracts (or even raids).

Scourge already can play in higher fractals; they are already treated fairly (as fairly as elementalist? well, probably not)

Dont say anything about the reaper tho because we already know he is unwelcome spacSpec isn't the deciding factor in how easy fractals are for a PUG. It's entirely how well people know the mechanics and how their class can help the group. I welcome any player that understands that and I encourage folks not to be prejudiced about the class, especially not people who main that class.

Theory. Can be successful in t4

I need one who plays with him to confirm it because it seems way too hard to meNot to mention there is no other meta for him other than the condi

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

I need one who plays with him to confirm it because it seems way too hard to meNot to mention there is no other meta for him other than the condi

Don't play the meta, play the mechanics.The 'meta' is a consensus invention of a subset of frequent players, largely based on the theory that if a build isn't in QT's list of optimum DPS, it's not suited for fractals. Since even QT says any class can be part of a successful Raid comp (and it matters much less for fractals), it makes no sense for individuals to focus on being meta. While it's true that playing outside the meta means that some groups will reject you immediately, it's not true that all (or even most) will.

The simplest way to deal with that is to start your own group. The reason OP (and others) don't see a lot of such groups in LFG is math: "all welcome" groups fill up faster than "meta only" groups. The more restrictions the group has, the longer it will take to fill. (There are all sorts of stories of people rejected from meta PUG groups who end up joining a non-meta, finish, return to lobby, and see the original group still LFM. That's illustrative, not scientific proof, of course.)

If you don't want to start your own group, be patient with those who think meta is more important than mechanics (or who think having a meta build guarantees the player understands the mechanics). Basically: if you're rejected solely for your choice of profession, there's a good chance you wouldn't have a good experience with that group had you come on the 'proper' profession (in their estimation).

In short, don't play the meta, play the mechanics.

Don't play the meta, play the mechanics.The 'meta' is a consensus invention of a subset of frequent players, largely based on the theory that if a build isn't in QT's list of optimum DPS, it's not suited for fractals. Since even QT says any class can be part of a successful Raid comp (and it matters much less for fractals), it makes no sense for
individuals
to focus on being meta. While it's true that playing outside the meta means that some groups will reject you immediately, it's not true that all (or even most) will.

The simplest way to deal with that is to start your own group. The reason OP (and others) don't see a lot of such groups in LFG is math: "all welcome" groups fill up faster than "meta only" groups. The more restrictions the group has, the longer it will take to fill. (There are all sorts of stories of people rejected from meta PUG groups who end up joining a non-meta, finish, return to lobby, and see the original group still LFM. That's illustrative, not scientific proof, of course.)

If you don't want to start your own group, be patient with those who think meta is more important than mechanics (or who think having a meta build guarantees the player understands the mechanics). Basically: if you're rejected solely for your choice of profession, there's a good chance you wouldn't have a good experience with that group had you come on the 'proper' profession (in their estimation).

In short, don't play the meta, play the mechanics.

That would help a lot if people starts to understand mechanic more important than being running a meta buildAs i said before i was playing with none meta and it was imo focusing on the weakness of the necro and it turns it onto strength by running toughness and rune of mercy for even more toughness i think i will follow you advice and i will bring it back.

The time i changed it is the time i start looking bad in t4 fracs

I was true healing reaper once and to be honest im not the best scourge around so i will be more fun happy if any good scourges shares some experience with me and us

@"silent killer.5732" said:I was true healing reaper once and to be honest im not the best scourge around so i will be more fun happy if any good scourges shares some experience with me and us

I find that I always get a good response from the profession or dungeon/fractal forums if I phrase something as an open-ended question. For example, "what sort of scourge build would you recommend for an experienced T4 fractaler" or "I'm interested in trying power necro; are there any builds that can work in Fractals?"

@"silent killer.5732" said:I was true healing reaper once and to be honest im not the best scourge around so i will be more fun happy if any good scourges shares some experience with me and us

I find that I
always
get a good response from the profession or dungeon/fractal forums if I phrase something as an open-ended question. For example, "what sort of scourge build would you recommend for an experienced T4 fractaler" or "I'm interested in trying power necro; are there any builds that can work in Fractals?"

thank you for helping out

@nsleep.7839 said:By using the same mechanic available to every character in this game: dodging.

And you bought a game with 9 classes, go use them instead of being a braindead one-trick-pony.

Other classes got resistance and blocks and passive heal and some of them has three endurance what the scourge has again?

Blinds, weakness,projectile mitigation,boon corrupt, stuns, the largest hp pool in the game, barrier, condi transfer, and one of the best passive heals in the game if you bring it (parasitic contagion). well of darkness basically makes you unkillable to groups of trashmobs. For bosses? I agree, necro is weaker in terms of survival against bosses. The discrepancy between the defensive buff classes like guard and the debfuff classes like necro is problematic. Debuffs like blind/weakness are extremely strong on trash, weak on bosses. Buffs like protection/aegis are strong on bosses, mediocre on trash.

Here is the secret: run a meta comp. ps+druid+chrono + 2 dps = easy fast fractals every time. I do it all the time, post an lfg, and actually require a team comp that is sensibe. If you join a bad team comp, expect bad results.

Archived