Funerary Incense, Elegy Mosaic, .. future and validation in 2021

lare.5129

So if someone don't know what it ishttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Funerary_Incensehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elegy_Mosaic

mostly all T2 leg require 250 Funerary Incense, and some amount elegy mosaics for another giftsMore common way get it make leg bounty and buy Funerary Incense.Of some people do vabbi hearts: Each Incense from Renown Heart vendors can only be purchased 1 time per account per day. And this make action more bored.Pay for it "Trade Contract" per 100 - to big price. I play long time, not spent that contracts and have it only for 70 Funerary IncenseSo how we see for leg t2 needed 750 - 1050 Elegy Mosaic. Buy Elegy Mosaic from Tyrian Exchange Voucher very bad idea also. It contains only 30 Elegy Mosaics, not 300 or 500.

How we see last changes make some mats not account bound .. may be it some preparation for Steam players or just fine improvements.

Now lets predict how these will be changed:

1)updated heart vendor: Each Incense from Renown Heart vendors can only be purchased 1 time per character per day.2)Make new Funerary Incense not account bound3) Tyrian Exchange Voucher contains 500 Elegy Mosaic4)Add Funerary Incenses in wvw track? and ofc make in not acc bound..4)add yours predictions and suggestion how you think the Funerary Incense and Elegy Mosaic lack will be updated for Steam preparation

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:My prediction? Stays the same.

This.

I fail to see how these recipes need updating. Did the HoT recipes get updated with the release of PoF? No. Same situation here.

Also @"lare.5129", you left out the conversion of Crystalline Ingot to Funerary essence, which while time gated, makes this resource entirely acquirable via HoT. So again, no change needed even "if" PoF were to die out.

anything that makes it easier to obtain an item will devaluate this same item. This is also considered unfair to those who got it the older harder way and is why it will not change. The only solid proposal that would make sense would be to make future legendary items easier to obtain and less time gated, but I doubt they will release another set of legendary weapons anytime soon.

@"Shadowmoon.7986" said:This is a non issue.I don't mention that this is issue. But you need look deeper if you think that I say that this is issue.

Also can we stop this trend of "I personally hate Xlook deeper :) there is no any " hate X". May you have yours look of problem and see problem in second hidden mind?

@mercury ranique.2170 said:This is also considered unfair to those who got it the older harder way and is why it will not change.and how Game Update Notes: May 28, 2019 will summaries with yours words?let me reminder:

Removed the daily purchase limit from Funerary Incense purchased with Elegy Mosaics.Added a new purchase option for Funerary Incense on the Primeval Steward vendor. The cost is 100 Desert Trade Contracts, 1 Amalgamated Gemstone, 1 Obsidian Shard, and 1 Glob of Ectoplasm.

By current way make some mats non acc bound I interested to predict that we will get here

@"lare.5129" said:By current way make some mats non acc bound I interested to predict that we will get here

In general, predictions are based on some type of assumption which is in some way grounded in data or analysis.https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/predicting

What you are doing is not predicting, you are purely guessing. Which is fine, but not grounded in ANY type of current or past developments. Doesn't mean they might not come true, just means your assumptions are without basis.

FYI, the patch you quoted, and subsequently the patch which allowed for more ways in acquiring funerary incense still within the measures of PoF, was introduced when they reworked the entire PoF reward system. I doubt we will see such a patch again, but who knows.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:My prediction? Stays the same.

This.

I fail to see how these recipes need updating. Did the HoT recipes get updated with the release of PoF? No. Same situation here.

Also @"lare.5129", you left out the conversion of Crystalline Ingot to Funerary essence, which while time gated, makes this resource entirely acquirable via HoT.
So again, no change needed even "if" PoF were to die out.

The Desert Highlands meta can also be done completely solo. Somewhat similar to going into DS and opening the pods that spawn with the map. Not great but still doable.

@"Shadowmoon.7986" said:There is only 2 items in the games that requires Funerary Incense, Vision and Coalescence. All gen2 legendary weapons can be gotten using the HoT path using crystalline ingots. This is a non issue. Also can we stop this trend of "I personally hate X, so it should be changed for the Steam players" excuses.Yes, after I saw what a pita those Funerary Incenses were, I went with the HoT path. And Dragons Stand meta's are still kinda fun, and done a lot in Euro time zones. Definitely the way to go here.

So I guess the OP has a bit of a point that they could make the Incenses somewhat easier to get. I do quit a bit of content in PoF, but even then Elegy Mosaics and Trade Contracts come in too slow for the harsh exchange rate to buy Incenses. So maybe offer 3 incenses per day for doing a Heart instead of one.

@Tyncale.1629 said:

@"Shadowmoon.7986" said:There is only 2 items in the games that requires Funerary Incense, Vision and Coalescence. All gen2 legendary weapons can be gotten using the HoT path using crystalline ingots. This is a non issue. Also can we stop this trend of "I personally hate X, so it should be changed for the Steam players" excuses.Yes, after I saw what a pita those Funerary Incenses were, I went with the HoT path. And Dragons Stand meta's are still kinda fun, and done a lot in Euro time zones. Definitely the way to go here.

So I guess the OP has a bit of a point that they could make the Incenses somewhat easier to get. I do quit a bit of content in PoF, but even then Elegy Mosaics and Trade Contracts come in too slow for the harsh exchange rate to buy Incenses. So maybe offer 3 incenses per day for doing a Heart instead of one.

Easier? O_o

If you want to spin this into "time gating is awful game design" or maybe "repetitive and tedious tasks are bad game design" then sure but there is nothing difficult about the current design to begin with.

Things are also made worse by OP's own choices. If there are multiple ways to obtain something and someone decides that they don't want to do any of the options then of course it will seem difficult.