A season were its only SOLOQ

Chilli.2976

The population is too low to have 2 different queues, so regardless of what you do you'll end up impacting a portion of your playerbase negatively. As a 99% soloq player, I think the way it is now is the lesser evil since ranking doesn't really mean much, so let players play the way they want. I also think people overstate the effectiveness of duoqing but that's just me...

@"Gladiotor.7561" said:That would be a season without me. I only play with my friend, for the simple reason that we are friends and want to play together. It's still an mmo after all :-)

Playing with one other person in what is basically a 5 man normal multiplayer lobby game tacked on to the side of the game, has zero to do with being "mmo". If this were an MMORPG in anything but name only, sPvP would not even exist.

SoloQ only doesn't work. It's way too fair for most top players to appreciate.

That's why SoloQ should be a permanent ranked arena separate from teamQ of any size(Not just DuoQ)

@"eksn.7264" said:The population is too low to have 2 different queues, so regardless of what you do you'll end up impacting a portion of your playerbase negatively. As a 99% soloq player, I think the way it is now is the lesser evil since ranking doesn't really mean much, so let players play the way they want. I also think people overstate the effectiveness of duoqing but that's just me...

This is a load of bologna. Same thing gets said for nearly every potential feature that gets passed on. "Population is too low"

It wouldn't even be much of a split at all. 99% of your games are SoloQ, so are almost everyone else's.You're looking at a max 9:1 split, with the 9 being people that almost exclusively SoloQ.

Also opens up options for a Team Leaderboard instead of individual LB rankings in TeamQ.Would overall add a lot of new options to Ranked

@HokenPWNZ.7628 said:

@"Miguron.3067" said:No, the fun is to play with friends

Not in ranked with RATING

overwatch/hots/lol/r6siege/csgo make it work, why not gw2?and those are just the games I personally played

In all the games you have listed, there is a question of a single queue. If so "everywhere" is not normal

? can you elaborate ?

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:SoloQ only doesn't work. It's way too fair for most top players to appreciate.

That's why SoloQ should be a permanent ranked arena separate from teamQ of any size(Not just DuoQ)

@"eksn.7264" said:The population is too low to have 2 different queues, so regardless of what you do you'll end up impacting a portion of your playerbase negatively. As a 99% soloq player, I think the way it is now is the lesser evil since ranking doesn't really mean much, so let players play the way they want. I also think people overstate the effectiveness of duoqing but that's just me...

This is a load of bologna. Same thing gets said for nearly every potential feature that gets passed on. "Population is too low"

It wouldn't even be much of a split at all. 99% of your games are SoloQ, so are almost everyone else's.You're looking at a max 9:1 split, with the 9 being people that almost exclusively SoloQ.

Also opens up options for a Team Leaderboard instead of individual LB rankings in TeamQ.Would overall add a lot of new options to Ranked

Ok let's say you have separated soloq and teamq...

Teamq games will be either 2+3 vs 2+3, 2+3 vs 5 or 5 vs 5. There is MOST DEFINITELY not enough population to make this fair ever, not a chance. There wasn't years ago even when GW2 esports was a thing and there sure isn't now. This mode would get abused a ton and I guarantee you people would complain 10x more than they do now.

What even makes you think duoqing is unfair for soloq players anyway? The algorithm will try to match party sizes on both teams, so it usually balances out ok. I've won plenty of games against super high ranked duoqs and also won games because of those same duoqs. You even tend to lose way less points for losing to a good duoq. People will only focus on the games they lost and get emotional without looking at the bigger picture.

People who make it sound like duoqing somehow is the reason they can't rank up are just delusional. I've had to soloq from low silver to plat after taking a long break once, my winrate had to be at least 90% and I'm far from the best player. I'd wager until you reach around g3/plat, duoqs have near 0 more impact than soloqs since individual skill is too low for it to matter. Sure you get duoqs who wintrade and/or abuse class swapping, but it's almost exclusively done at the top ranks by a small percentage of players where rating is super irrelevant.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

overwatch/hots/lol/r6siege/csgo make it work, why not gw2?and those are just the games I personally played

With the actual population... You'll probably end not filling even two matches in ranked. The pool shows it. With the pool as a reference you'll have around 19 players available to cover... how much time a day? Casual players prefer play with friends, do daily and avoid rankeds, those that also not come to the PvP forums. Ironically he could end playing friendly casuals/unrankeds with a minority of players and a majority of "friendly" bots to be able to find a match/game to play or leave.

If they do it... Better that they are sure about that. And let duoQ in unrankeds to not lose casual players. Each time something like that is done, some group or population of players leave the PvP despite if others come or not. If you lose more than gain having already a low popolation maybe you are done. Smite, for example, removed the duoQ, a game with not big population, and had a hard time when they removed the solo queue. After a short time they had to bring it back the duoQ and now even have a increased population playing. Arenanet with GW2 where the PVE player population has recently increased significantly, it remains relatively healthy in WvW but which PvP remains very low... must be very careful about future changes in that sense.

Good luck with that.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

In all the games you have listed, there is a question of a single queue. If so "everywhere" is not normal

? can you elaborate ?

Meh. its hard for me, bcoz i using translator

@HokenPWNZ.7628 said:

@Miguron.3067 said:No, the fun is to play with friends

Not in ranked with RATINGIs it a game or what

Ranked is about skill, not friendship

Pro is dead here, even in games like lol you can duo ranked, theres no sense in making a solo queue wtfwhat anet can do is lock duoing with certain elo, other than that... just crazy ideas

@"eksn.7264" said:Ok let's say you have separated soloq and teamq...

Teamq games will be either 2+3 vs 2+3, 2+3 vs 5 or 5 vs 5. There is MOST DEFINITELY not enough population to make this fair ever, not a chance. There wasn't years ago even when GW2 esports was a thing and there sure isn't now. This mode would get abused a ton and I guarantee you people would complain 10x more than they do now.

All correct, save for the the 10x more complaining part. The number of people that play in teams in this game compared to the people that play solo is like 10% to 90% like I say.

If that 10% gets their own arena and leaderboard to manipulate and ruin, that other 90% of people with their own arena and leaderboard will complain less.

What even makes you think duoqing is unfair for soloq players anyway? The algorithm will try to match party sizes on both teams, so it usually balances out ok. I've won plenty of games against super high ranked duoqs and also won games because of those same duoqs. You even tend to lose way less points for losing to a good duoq. People will only focus on the games they lost and get emotional without looking at the bigger picture.

People who make it sound like duoqing somehow is the reason they can't rank up are just delusional. I've had to soloq from low silver to plat after taking a long break once, my winrate had to be at least 90% and I'm far from the best player. I'd wager until you reach around g3/plat, duoqs have near 0 more impact than soloqs since individual skill is too low for it to matter. Sure you get duoqs who wintrade and/or abuse class swapping

At the higher ratings; with people like the OP, it really isn't about the advantage of DuoQ at all. Although its a huge bother for anyone trying to climb the mid ranks.

Most important thing to understand is that every player in a game contributes to an average rating between teams, that includes parties. Nowhere in the algorithm does it say that it uses the highest rated player in a DuoQ's rating for matchmaking, nor has any dev commented about this on the new or old forums. It's just a myth perpetuated by top players who abuse DuoQ every season.

There is also 0 cap on how far apart two people can be when queuing with eachother(or at least there wasn't when I played, I doubt that's changed)A silver-ranked alt could queue with someone in legend rating and that would bring their matchmaking rating somewhere to about g3.Not so great for actually climbing, but very good for keeping away decay while also keeping up with LB requirements.

Then they could metagame even harder; queue-dodging the rare threat to their scheme, queuing in the off-hours where they're more likely to farm bots and bot-like players.They've also got 2 people ready to class-swap to counterpicks incase they run into any decent players, like you say.

but it's almost exclusively done at the top ranks by a small percentage of players where rating is super irrelevant.

With all that in mind; yes, it's only the top ranks. A pair of average players DuoQing for fun is fine.

It's not irrelevant tho. When the top 25 ranks every season are sometimes the same 2 or so people, that's a really bad look for the game.It's also a big blow to one's reason to keep playing. You can be really good at this game and hit plat2 or plat3 Soloqing, but tbh that's about as far as you can go with merged DuoQ.

The actual top leaderboard spots and titles are reserved for people who abuse DuoQ every season, so why bother even trying to climb?And don't even get me started on the paid boosting. Just look at some of these comments. Wooooo:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/36623/congratz-r55-congratz-team-usa-but-special-remark-to-mr-helio-for-the-fair-play

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

@"eksn.7264" said:Ok let's say you have separated soloq and teamq...

All correct, save for the the 10x more complaining part. The number of people that play in teams in this game compared to the people that play solo is like 10% to 90% like I say.

If that 10% gets their own arena and leaderboard to manipulate and ruin, that other 90% of people with their own arena and leaderboard will complain less.

People who make it sound like duoqing somehow is the reason they can't rank up are just delusional. I've had to soloq from low silver to plat after taking a long break once, my winrate had to be at least 90% and I'm far from the best player. I'd wager until you reach around g3/plat, duoqs have near 0 more impact than soloqs since individual skill is too low for it to matter. Sure you get duoqs who wintrade and/or abuse class swapping

At the higher ratings; with people like the OP, it really isn't about the advantage of DuoQ at all. Although its a huge bother for anyone trying to climb the mid ranks.

Most important thing to understand is that every player in a game contributes to an average rating between teams, that includes parties. Nowhere in the algorithm does it say that it uses the highest rated player in a DuoQ's rating for matchmaking, nor has any dev commented about this on the new or old forums. It's just a myth perpetuated by top players who abuse DuoQ every season.

There is also 0 cap on how far apart two people can be when queuing with eachother(or at least there wasn't when I played, I doubt that's changed)A silver-ranked alt could queue with someone in legend rating and that would bring their matchmaking rating somewhere to about g3.Not so great for actually climbing, but very good for keeping away decay while also keeping up with LB requirements.

Then they could metagame even harder; queue-dodging the rare threat to their scheme, queuing in the off-hours where they're more likely to farm bots and bot-like players.They've also got 2 people ready to class-swap to counterpicks incase they run into any decent players, like you say.

but it's almost exclusively done at the top ranks by a small percentage of players where rating is super irrelevant.

With all that in mind; yes, it's only the top ranks. A pair of average players DuoQing for fun is fine.

It's not irrelevant tho. When the top 25 ranks every season are sometimes the same 2 or so people, that's a really bad look for the game.It's also a big blow to one's reason to keep playing. You can be really good at this game and hit plat2 or plat3 Soloqing, but tbh that's about as far as you can go with merged DuoQ.

The actual top leaderboard spots and titles are reserved for people who abuse DuoQ every season, so why bother even trying to climb?And don't even get me started on the paid boosting. Just look at some of these comments. Wooooo:

I could use the same 90%/10% and argue that if it's only 10% of players who duoq (and we're both pulling numbers out of thin air), then what's the big hurt? Surely there are way more factors affecting the outcome of ones matches than getting duoqs here and there, which again can actually work in YOUR favor. It really is only an "issue" at very high rating and even then I just don't see the issue. After a certain point, rating is completely meaningless and if you associate your own skill and worth as a player to how high your rating is, it's just missing the whole point when 3-4 losses can be the difference between top 100 and gold 3.

If a dozen of tryhard players want to egotrip and abuse the system to gain nothing of value then just let them... It's not ideal but it affects so few people. I'd be as happy in plat 1 as in legend personally.