Balance patch is next Tuesday, 7th Nov

psizone.8437

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Balance Patch:Nerf Sick em so it's halfen the effectiveness in Beast Mode.Nerf all the new pof pets dps.Fix the tool tip of beast mode f2 so it matches the actual effectiveness/ range (the 300 range leap is intended)

No change to stance and trait.

Let's see if my prediction comes true or not.No hope for Anet whatsoever.

I'm going in with low/zero expectations of decent ranger/soulbeast related improvements and changes.Nonetheless, I suspect that I will still be disappointed anyway.I still cant see how these 3 devs who operate in such an insular non-communicative vacuum can ever be truly effective as balance arbiters.

Oh you guys forget about the seasonly 1% dmg buff for a random axe skill!

Let us see at the situation. Warrior, necro and guardian have so many bugs. There is no time to fix or balance ranger stuff. But they have the ranger in their schedule. In 21 months (right before the next expansion) someone will look at the ranger problems and fix some.

@StickerHappy.8052 said:This the most BS post I have read. Any over nerfs/ buffs or broken stuff they do, you have to struggle with it all season AGAIN.

Yeah I didn't like their wording either.

There seems to be some incorrect information and/or unfounded expectations surrounding the next balance update,

It's been over a month since PoF released and we haven't had any balance patches or bug fixes (other than one or two broken things, like the Scourge fix) but somehow expecting a balance patch is viewed as "unfounded expectations" in their eyes.

The whole situation sucks.

@psizone.8437 said:

@StickerHappy.8052 said:This the most BS post I have read. Any over nerfs/ buffs or broken stuff they do, you have to struggle with it all season AGAIN.

Yeah I didn't like their wording either.

There seems to be some incorrect information and/or unfounded expectations surrounding the next balance update,

It's been over a month since PoF released and we haven't had any balance patches or bug fixes (other than one or two broken things, like the Scourge fix) but somehow expecting a balance patch is viewed as "unfounded expectations" in their eyes.

The whole situation sucks.

The worst part is that they released the expac a few weeks ahead of when they would've if they had been following their "content then balance" schedule that was seen throughout the Living Story and PvP Season cycles.

So, theoretically, they should have had MORE time to make sure that patch comes out following the previous update cycles, but now they're not leaving themselves any breathing room, they're introducing a bunch of new PvP amulets on the day of the PvP season launch, AND performing a "balance" pass.

What could possibly go wrong?

Also if I ever told the customers I program for that they had unfounded expectations I'd be promptly fired for losing our company business.

It's funny cause in the PvP and WvW polls about whether people are satisfied/enjoy the current state of the gamemodes, 85% of the population in both threads said no.

Only 15% of PvP/WvWers are satisfied with the balance and state of the game. Yet Anet wonders why we always have such low expectations. As one of my favorite comments ever said, "(Anet's patches) are like finding out that rock bottom has a basement."

@AshinDreidon.3861 said:

@jcbroe.4329 said:

Also if I ever told the customers I program for that they had unfounded expectations I'd be promptly fired for losing our company business.

This, so much. I honestly don't understand how this is a thing that they can pull.

I really don't see how their statement is rude in any way... They're just saying that many people were assuming things that weren't true, and setting the record straight.

Anyway, as far as the patch notes go... There's two things that I'm worried I'll see.1: Sic 'Em damage bonus reduced in Beastmode.2: Longbow range reduced to truly be 1500, because some Deadeyes are upset that they aren't the best snipers.

There's a great many things I'd LIKE to see, but sadly, my expectations are low.

@Toolbox.9375 said:

@AshinDreidon.3861 said:

@jcbroe.4329 said:

This, so much. I honestly don't understand how this is a thing that they can pull.

I really don't see how their statement is rude in any way... They're just saying that many people were assuming things that weren't true, and setting the record straight.

Anyway, as far as the patch notes go... There's two things that I'm worried I'll see.1: Sic 'Em damage bonus reduced in Beastmode.2: Longbow range reduced to truly be 1500, because some Deadeyes are upset that they aren't the best snipers.

There's a great many things I'd LIKE to see, but sadly, my expectations are low.

It has nothing to do with rudeness.

Calling a customers expectations "unfounded" is a direct contradiction of the "customer is always right principle."

They're flat out saying that they can't do what we, as paying customers, expect them to be able to do, which is a huge "no no;" to create that sort of dissonance between the business and the customer base.

Their old way of expressing concepts as being on a table is the better and more customer friendly way to do things. They acknowledge that they've heard us, there is an implied documentation of the feedback, and there is an understanding that they will be addressed at some point when they are able to be addressed.

Flat out saying to us that they are incapable of meeting our expectations, and more over, to dismiss those expectations as unfounded? Heads should actually be rolling right now.

@kharmin.7683 said:The customer isn't always right.

That's not the point.

"The customer is always right" = "NEVER tell the customer that they're wrong."

It's not supposed to be taken literally. It's to remind you that the only reason you have a job is because you have something the customer wants/needs. It's supposed to be make you mindful of the communications you have with customers, so that you are always listening and taking their suggestions and concerns into consideration.

But saying "we can't meet your expectations and honestly, they're a bit ridiculous?" You just called your own company inferior to the competition, and you've made the customer believe you can't deliver a quality product or a product that reflects the product they desire.

That's the easiest way to lose business, and lose your job.

I would agree if the "unfounded expectations" was in reference to the content being delivered...but as I understand it they were just talking about the release date. I don't see that being as big an issue as people are making it out to be. They aren't telling you that you can't expect them to deliver content they are saying don't expect it to be out this week.

Whether or not they will deliver a decent quality balance patch is of course questionable but not relevant to the point here.

Archived