Emergency Waypoints

Najten.2418

Would it be possible to change it so that if I start loading into a map by using an EWP, I actually spawn at the EWP? Always? Because it is extremely frustrating to load into the map, then immediately get a 2nd loading screen, and end up at the starter WP where I'm of no use and just feel like I "wasted my time" going there. Slow loading shouldn't be punished imo. :|

@PaperTree.8706 said:I like the invul idea. However I think it eould need to be increased to maybe 15s. It is hard to defend an objective with the enemy zerging it. With a tacked on 15s invul it might give a bit of an advantage to the defenders.

Absolutely no to this. If you don't want to get wiped, use EWP before the enemy breaks inside, not when an entire blob is already in.

@Najten.2418 said:Would it be possible to change it so that if I start loading into a map by using an EWP, I actually spawn at the EWP? Always? Because it is extremely frustrating to load into the map, then immediately get a 2nd loading screen, and end up at the starter WP where I'm of no use and just feel like I "wasted my time" going there. Slow loading shouldn't be punished imo. :|

I can count on one hand how many times in the last year I have hit a posted EWP, after being warned, clicking on it the very second it is posted and still not been ported into the keep in question.

People get very frustrated when they are left out of 'saving' what is becoming a very unusable mechanic in a mode where split second timing matters.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Aerial Melodies.4938 said:EWP? You mean the thing trolls keep pulling on purpose while there is no enemy attack rendering it useless? I've learned to ignore the calls in map/team because it's either a troll call or a wasted pull.

We even have one who pulls it with a call out to get his guild into EBG when there is a que.

well... even that won't get you into a borderland that has a queue.. you will just queue up behind the rest waiting to get in...

@Balthazzarr.1349 said:

@Aerial Melodies.4938 said:EWP? You mean the thing trolls keep pulling on purpose while there is no enemy attack rendering it useless? I've learned to ignore the calls in map/team because it's either a troll call or a wasted pull.

We even have one who pulls it with a call out to get his guild into EBG when there is a que.

well... even that won't get you into a borderland that has a queue.. you will just queue up behind the rest waiting to get in...

oh wait... you mean he pulls it on another BL to pull people out of EB? lol... trollalollaloll... nasty stuff.

@Link.1049 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:it would be really nice. maybe even add a second or two of invuln so if you do load late then you wont get immediately bombed with no chance to fight back.

If you had invuln you should also be dazed and unable to use skills for the same duration.

Agreed. I dont think the invlun should be there to begin with tbh.

As for the loading times, an SSD helps a lot. I know, being able to buy one shouldn't be a factor bla bla bla.... I'm just stating a fact. You want <10 second loading times? An SSD will usually do it.

@Link.1049 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:it would be really nice. maybe even add a second or two of invuln so if you do load late then you wont get immediately bombed with no chance to fight back.

If you had invuln you should also be dazed and unable to use skills for the same duration.

Should still be able to move, though. Would be enough to get out of potential bombs on the waypoint, but otherwise not affect the battle.

Archived