Deleted accounts

Strider Pj.2193

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:I just noticed multiple threads started by one person have disappeared. That were there for some time.

Oh don't tease.You made me look.Still there:

Oh wait, I just clicked on their name. That explains why it's been quiet.

Ahhh. Explains a lot.

But really... was JUST a general question... :)

To summarize:

• Accounts are never deleted, only disabled. There's no difference (from our point of view) between disabled & banned.
  • Forum privileges are distinct from game access, that is: one can be suspended/banned from the forums and still be able to play.
  • Individual threads are locked & hidden by moderators all the time; that can happen independently of suspension/banning, although clearly, those whose posts get removed/hidden often are more likely to be suspended or banned from the forums.
  • In the particular case, it appears that all of the above happened, although we none of us can be sure why, seeing as many threads started by the person in question remain.

(except for my last point, most of what I just wrote is available in some fashion from Gaile's sticky about forum policy & moderation; it's just not all in one place as a series of bullets)

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:I just noticed multiple threads started by one person have disappeared. That were there for some time.

Oh don't tease.You made me look.Still there:

Oh wait, I just clicked on their name. That explains why it's been quiet.

I noticed a (banned) next to that person's name in a recent poll as well. No idea if that was a self disable or not, but yeah, threads started by that person are all gone.

It's helpful to understand the mechanics of how the forums work. I'm still coming across different functionality between the old forum and new.

Archived