New WvW Map: No WPs, Raptor Mount Added?

Justine.6351

I feel like there's sadly a lot of rampant, non-constructive conservatism in the WvW community that prevents change and growth of the game mode - not to mention that I've heard a lot of hate for similar ideas in-game, so I don't expect this to go over too well. That said, I personally love the idea of mounts in WvW, and I think they could absolutely come up with a way to make it fun and equitable for everyone including folks who don't have PoF, just like they did with gliding. My main concern would be with mount engage skills - those should maybe be disabled or tweaked because having a zerg pummel you from stealth with raptor engage would be... disheartening.

Anyway, I've said it before - those who fear change and won't adapt are a big part of why WvW is stuck in the mud. Let's try new things!

@Kalibri.5861 said:That said, I personally love the idea of mounts in WvW, and I think they could absolutely come up with a way to make it fun and equitable for everyone including folks who don't have PoF, just like they did with gliding.

They will, in 2 years - right before the next expac 'Path of Destruction - to previous elite specs' (i joke!)But regarding player who don't have access to mounts perhaps a stable at the starting WP where you can get a basic mount (like the scorpion thingamajigs in EoTm)

There is no need for mounts. the maps aren't big enough for it anyway.

Maybe if they redesigned the entire wvw mode so there was more objectives in a bigger area with more teams against one another then mounts would be needed.

Or they could just fix the 'contested by a fly landing on a guard' WP issue. WP should only become contested when damage is done to walls or door, not triggered by someone touching a guard outside.

@Baldrick.8967 said:There is no need for mounts. the maps aren't big enough for it anyway.

Maybe if they redesigned the entire wvw mode so there was more objectives in a bigger area with more teams against one another then mounts would be needed.

Or they could just fix the 'contested by a fly landing on a guard' WP issue. WP should only become contested when damage is done to walls or door, not triggered by someone touching a guard outside.

Guess you missed the part where I said new map with no waypoints.

@Baldrick.8967 said:There is no need for mounts. the maps aren't big enough for it anyway.

The maps aren't big enough? Hey I know one big map everyone hates because walking from one objective to another take ages... It's called Desert Borderland.

I just want it put on record that All Terrain Attack Raptor (aka a raptor with a cannon on his head) was my idea a few weeks back.

As for a base model without the upgrade package, I'd be happy with that on any of the current maps, if they created a new map to accomadate mounts it'd be even better.

Things don't change enough in wvw, it's true this is mainly due to players that prefer things the way they are but still reserve the right to complain about the things they don't like that are currently in place. If raptors mounts offered a fresh topic to complain about, I think it'd spice things up for those tired of reading the same re-iterated complaints day after day.

Viva la Attack Raptor 2018!

@Blodeuyn.2751 said:This will only work if everyone has POF or Anet decides to give access to mounts to everyone, unlike how they set up gliding in wvw.

Personally, this is not a map I'd be interested in.

With the new lootbox craze in the gaming industry and forcing players to upgrade and spend money to be competitive, I would not put it past anet to do something like this given the chance for a quick cash grab.

@Justine.6351 said:

I'd have to see how it was implemented, but on the surface, I wouldnt be interested either. People on foot make for more fights. You put mounts in wvw and all the zerglings with just sprint to the zerg with no risk.

@mulzi.8273 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

I'd have to see how it was implemented, but on the surface, I wouldnt be interested either. People on foot make for more fights. You put mounts in wvw and all the zerglings with just sprint to the zerg with no risk.

In addition, fights will get even more lame with the little runaway classes. More fighting, less running.

@mulzi.8273 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@RodOfDeath.5247 said:

@mulzi.8273 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

In addition, fights will get even more lame with the little runaway classes. More fighting, less running.

Just remove mount cc bars so even something like a cripple will knock them off mount and cc them. And once off mount they of course cannot remount as that is already how it is now.

@Justine.6351 said:

And you honestly think they would develop one map with no waypoints where you need mounts, and not add mounts to the existing maps to pressure you to get PoF?Please.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

And you honestly think they would develop one map with no waypoints where you need mounts, and not add mounts to the existing maps to pressure you to get PoF?Please.

Well they added gliding to HoT only...If they really wanted to they could unlock the mastery for gliding and mounts to all in WvW.And if successful they could even remove waypoints from keeps?

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:You remove way points there's no point in holding keeps anymore, they serve no other useful purpose.

What actual purpose do Waypoints in keeps serve now that mount movement speed could not replace?

Is this a bad time to point out the opposite?

Probably not.It can be said that upgrading keeps grants the boon of being able to navigate the map quicker and in doing so makes those keeps targets for fighting.

Archived