Do you think fractals should have replayability outside of completing the dailies?

zealex.9410

Not so much gimicks like fractal 40 but more akin to choosing the random fractal option and getting a reward for clrearing it.

Feel free to add reasoning if you so choose. Devs have aslo said that in the future they might add more in the dailies as we get more fractals but i like to hear their stance on less limited ways to get replayability out of fractals.

They should make items that cost a large amount of relics and/or pristines so people who play more could buy cool stuff. At the moment we have a lot of RNG drops (way too much) were people potentially can get 1,5k gold drops at their first five minutes in a T4 and a player who clears all T4 dailies every day could get crap.And with the idea of having cool items buy able for a large amount of relics/pristines, they should make every fractal level from 1 till 100 having a one time daily drop of, for example 100 relics. This will make people do a lot more fractles (some die-hards even may be doing every level, every day).

TL;DR:So my idea. Keep dailies as they are now but also make dailies for all 100 levels that give extra tokens were you can buy cool stuff with.

In GW1, there are books that list a set of objectives that are marked when you complete them while carrying the book. After completing all objectives in the book, you can turn them in with representatives of a faction and gain some gold and reputation with that faction. The books can be repeated as often as you'd like. An example book would be the one listing all the Eye of the North dungeons. GW2 wouldn't need books, repeatable achievements like the ones for dungeons would work just fine.

@"Manasa Devi.7958" said:In GW1, there are books that list a set of objectives that are marked when you complete them while carrying the book. After completing all objectives in the book, you can turn them in with representatives of a faction and gain some gold and reputation with that faction. The books can be repeated as often as you'd like. An example book would be the one listing all the Eye of the North dungeons. GW2 wouldn't need books, repeatable achievements like the ones for dungeons would work just fine.

They'd need the book system as the only way currently to do it via achievements is to have an infinitely repeatable version that requires all 25.The upside of the book system is it gave credit upon doing half with scaling rewards upto max. It also had bonus rewards for Hard Mode Versions.ex. https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Master_Dungeon_Guide

In GW2, it wouldn't be a "book," it would be a repeating collection (same as the Dungeon Hobby or any of the activity "repeat customer" chieves).

But frankly, no, I don't think the game needs it. The rewards already make fractals attractive -- just not enough to compete with all sorts of other stuff in the game. I'd rather see Anet add more different stuff to the game -- people burnt out on dungeons by doing them repeatedly; the same thing already happens in fracts because we still have few enough that we end up with repeats every week by doing just 3/day.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@"Manasa Devi.7958" said:In GW1, there are books that list a set of objectives that are marked when you complete them while carrying the book. After completing all objectives in the book, you can turn them in with representatives of a faction and gain some gold and reputation with that faction. The books can be repeated as often as you'd like. An example book would be the one listing all the Eye of the North dungeons. GW2 wouldn't need books, repeatable achievements like the ones for dungeons would work just fine.

They'd need the book system as the only way currently to do it via achievements is to have an infinitely repeatable version that requires all 25.The upside of the book system is it gave credit upon doing half with scaling rewards upto max. It also had bonus rewards for Hard Mode Versions.ex.

Why are you talking about it in the past tense?

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:In GW1, there are books that list a set of objectives that are marked when you complete them while carrying the book. After completing all objectives in the book, you can turn them in with representatives of a faction and gain some gold and reputation with that faction. The books can be repeated as often as you'd like. An example book would be the one listing all the Eye of the North dungeons. GW2 wouldn't need books, repeatable achievements like the ones for dungeons would work just fine.

They'd need the book system as the only way currently to do it via achievements is to have an infinitely repeatable version that requires all 25.The upside of the book system is it gave credit upon doing half with scaling rewards upto max. It also had bonus rewards for Hard Mode Versions.ex.

Because it's quite literally a relic of the past. A former idea in this games franchise ?

@TexZero.7910 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:In GW1, there are books that list a set of objectives that are marked when you complete them while carrying the book. After completing all objectives in the book, you can turn them in with representatives of a faction and gain some gold and reputation with that faction. The books can be repeated as often as you'd like. An example book would be the one listing all the Eye of the North dungeons. GW2 wouldn't need books, repeatable achievements like the ones for dungeons would work just fine.

Because it's quite literally a relic of the past. A former idea in this games franchise ?

Your past maybe. Not "the" past. Certainly not literally.

No. Having rewards decreasing with time means people play other content, and it's nice to have people to do something that isn't fractals fractals fractals. Making it optimal to play a large variety of content keeps the game healthy and populated. I'd rather see Anet working on new dungeons or some new kind of group content with a new design philosophy instead of having them making it optimal to spam fractals until you're completely burnt out on doing the same dull "dances" around bosses so many times a week.

@maddoctor.2738 said:I'd say yes they should have replayability outside dailies, however there is a certain line that shouldn't be crossed. Players shouldn't be "hiding" inside some form of instance all day, that's not healthy for the game, so any kind of replay value needs to be carefully balanced

I mean shouldn't u allow anyone to play what they like? Havent they like been doing that with pvpers and wvwers for a while.

@maddoctor.2738 said:I'd say yes they should have replayability outside dailies, however there is a certain line that shouldn't be crossed. Players shouldn't be "hiding" inside some form of instance all day, that's not healthy for the game, so any kind of replay value needs to be carefully balanced

Unfortunately I am such a player. I used to do nothing but run dungeons all the time before HoT, because full dungeon tours can take up a respectable amount of hours (and can be repeated everyday). Reflecting on this gw2 honestly feels more like an third person combat RPG to me than an MMO, because of how little I interact with other players outside of instanced content.

I suppose that's just my take on the game.

Unfortunately I am such a player. I used to do nothing but run dungeons all the time before HoT, because full dungeon tours can take up a respectable amount of hours (and can be repeated everyday). Reflecting on this gw2 honestly feels more like an third person combat RPG to me than an MMO, because of how little I interact with other players outside of instanced content.

I suppose that's just my take on the game.

Archived