Tome of Knowledge exchange?

Cynz.9437

I am sure i am not only one that is sitting on stacks upon stacks of those tomes and doesn't have any use for them but also feels bad for throwing them away.

Could we have some kind of way to trade them for something? The only thing we could give those for is guild related and well not everyone has a guild or is in one that needs tomes.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:With how easy they are to come by, 1ToK for 1Spirit Shard is as much as you’ll get for them. I do wish I could “consume all” though.You could also use 10/week to get a black lion key.

I earn them faster than 1 personal story per week :/

Consume all would be nice as well.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:With how easy they are to come by, 1ToK for 1Spirit Shard is as much as you’ll get for them. I do wish I could “consume all” though.You could also use 10/week to get a black lion key.

Wasteful, you only need 8 tomes per week to do keyfarm.

It would be nice if these XP tomes would actually give some useful experience after level 80. Like mastery experience or WvW experience.It was quite annoying to have to grind for XP again when Heart of Thorns was released to be able to spend my mastery points I already had obtained while I got a stack of XP tomes lying around.

Meanwhile there's someone over in the Players Helping Players section asking for alternative ways to get Spirit Shards because they can't get Tomes quickly enough for all the Spirit Shards they need.

I think the simplest solution would be to make them tradable, so people who have too many can sell (or give) them to those who don't have enough.

I assume Anet didn't want to do that originally because then you'd just be buying XP. But now we can buy level 80 boosts from the store anyway.

@Cynn.1659 said:

Hardly if I earn more than 10/week anyway. You can also boost upto level 38 for the Karma Booster reward if you swim in ToK but want Karma because you spend it willy-nilly like myself.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@Cynn.1659 said:

Hardly if I earn more than 10/week anyway. You can also boost upto level 38 for the Karma Booster reward if you swim in ToK but want Karma because you spend it willy-nilly like myself.

And if you're boosting to 38, you might as well go ahead and do it to 40 for a second free black lion key.

you can just consume them and get the Spirit Shards. That's free money basically. The real problem are the Scrollf of Experience which are useless when all your toons are capped and just take bank space. Either declare that we can all discard them or give us something to exhange them for

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@Cynn.1659 said:

And if you're boosting to 38, you might as well go ahead and do it to 40 for a second free black lion key.

This is true. Only if you can be bothered doing upto the LV40 story. I even used one of my lv80 boosters to get the 3 keys from the main story, and the keys from LS2 and HoT before I deleted that character since I had 0 use for it.

instead of clicking them on a lvl 80, take an empty char slot, create a char and lvl up to 80, delete it, rince, repeat. You get a lot of nice stuff like booster and materials from it, that is worth much more than a spirit shard. If you have a few stack, then repeat the process a few time to get plenty of those booster/mats.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@Haleydawn.3764 said:I do wish I could “consume all” though.

An option for everything which gives you a warning would be the best.

or add a tab to the vendor that converts writs to tomes

that same vendor is conveniently also the one where you are most likely to be spending spirit shards

Archived