Support Fire Brand is OP

NeedCoffee.1402

Support firebrand is ridiculous. You can not be killed. I was surviving 1v3 all day. In one game I held out in a 1v4 until help arrived.I made tons of mistakes, it didn't matter.Support the scourge or mirage on your team and carry the game.Oh, but nerf Spellbreaker that's the real problem. I hate hysteria. And sheep, I hate sheep too.

@NeedCoffee.1402 said:Maybe you missed the 1v3 part of my post. Of course they were communicating and tried to gang pile me. I didn't see a scourge though.Not sure it matters because boons aren't what kept me alive. It's the infinite amount of heals.

Necros can pretty much apply poison to you 24/7 i dont think support fb is op, tbh i feel that for support rolls auramancer maybe better if these is no necro around for boon corruption, but you could be just that godly of a player and you can be calling out OP things before people notice as well, but in my personal experience necros absolutely destroy guardians.

That's a good point about poison. Like I said I didn't run into any necro/scourgeamancer.I ran mace/shield and staff. Water runes, and magi amulet. Valor: 2,1,2. Honor: 2,2,1. Firebrand: 3,3,3. I couldn't kill a sand shark. But I could survive anything and support carry like a pro.Oh, FB is replacing ele as the choice support in the tournament scene.

@Kuya.6495 said:Looks like sour sb grapes to me.

But look at it this way, you can 1v3 scrubs but at least you wont kill all 3 of them like you used to be able to do on sb.

Of course I'm kitten at the SB nerf. It was a paper cut of a nerf and SB went from top 3 to somewhere in the middle of the food chain.If it was as op as the hysterical sheep wanted everyone to believe then a paper cut nerf wouldn't have done much.If the nerf would have waited a few months everyone then would know what we know now.Don't hit the swirling yellow garbage and kite, kite, kite.

@NeedCoffee.1402 said:

But look at it this way, you can 1v3 scrubs but at least you wont kill all 3 of them like you used to be able to do on sb.

Of course I'm kitten at the SB nerf. It was a paper cut of a nerf and SB went from top 3 to somewhere in the middle of the food chain.If it was as op as the hysterical sheep wanted everyone to believe then a paper cut nerf wouldn't have done much.If the nerf would have waited a few months everyone then would know what we know now.Don't hit the swirling yellow garbage and kite, kite, kite.

It didn't go from top 3. It went from god-tier to- Still meta. Warriors are still represented in AT's and mAT's alike. There's currently no class that can beat a Spellbreaker in a 1v1. (Except for maybe necro, in which case you will win the rest of the map considering your necro is actually teamfighting.)

Don't hit the swirling yellow garbage and kite, kite, kite.Not every class can kite a warrior. Double dagger leap, Rush and GS3 is more mobility than some of the other classes out there got. As for the "Swirling yellow garbage" aka Full Counter. The bug where it persists on the player indefinetly is still in the game.

I do however agree that Firebrand needs to get toned down. To somewhere between it's current state and Tempest levels of healing.THAT BEING SAID; Scourge needs to get toned down in the same patch, even Holosmith / Mirage might need some fine tuning. Otherwise the fights will last all but 3 seconds.

@Loop.8106Thank you for your post.My point was if the SB nerf was ever so small then it should still be as you say god tier. It's not. It's fairly balanced.SB was not more problematic than mirage is now. Yet I don't see the mirage hysteria. Oh yeah mirage takes skill so it's ok that it's horrifically OP.Warrior is my love, but I'm currently playing mirage and support FB and a little druid (but I get bored of druid) until they fix mirage and FB.

@Loop.8106 said:I do however agree that Firebrand needs to get toned down. To somewhere between it's current state and Tempest levels of healing.THAT BEING SAID; Scourge needs to get toned down in the same patch, even Holosmith / Mirage might need some fine tuning. Otherwise the fights will last all but 3 seconds.

The thing though is that holosmith has to sacrifice a LOT to get to the damage it's at. A focused holosmith is a dead holosmith. FB, scourge, and SB can withstand a significant amount of focus and keep doing their thing without too much issue (scourge focused down when it has no life force is separate).

Yeah Firebrand is really strong right now, his support is really insane and all but...1v3 all day? 1v4!? Come on, what you fighting dude? Bots? Its know fact that a Firebrand will fall fast agaisnt a competent player using a power build...its really hard to believe in a single word that you said, sorry.But the point is, yeah FB is OP...but so is pretty much everything else...atleast FB is only a really strong support, he dosent have insane mobility or big damage and without evade frames or invunerabilities is somewhat easy to focus him down.

@Felipe.1807 said:Its know fact that a Firebrand will fall fast agaisnt a competent player using a power build...its really hard to believe in a single word that you said, sorry.

You're objectively wrong. A competent player using a power build matches the description of most holosmiths. Lone holosmiths cannot even come close to downing halfway decent support FB's by themselves. Generally speaking, when I down an FB with 2 players, it's me on holo in coordination with a D/P thief. The CC is beyond crazy, to the point where the FB is basically stunlocked to death. Without the CCs, the FB would actually stand a good chance of surviving. If you pit power classes without that kind of CC against an FB, it will likely take 3 or more to kill that FB.

The only class that can currently take out an FB support by itself is a scourge, and that is assuming the FB is an idiot and sits in the fields of death. If the FB is smart enough to move out of the killing fields, it won't die to a single scourge.

@NeedCoffee.1402 said:Support firebrand is ridiculous. You can not be killed. I was surviving 1v3 all day. In one game I held out in a 1v4 until help arrived.I made tons of mistakes, it didn't matter.Support the scourge or mirage on your team and carry the game.Oh, but nerf Spellbreaker that's the real problem. I hate hysteria. And sheep, I hate sheep too.

Let me ask you a question: Guardian- is a healer/support class, your excuse to nerf it, is because it does its job?

To be honest, if i was in charge of the design team: i would give Guardians all the necessary tools to be top healers+top support class in the game.

Warrior/Spell breaker should also play their top roles as well.

The problem lies in when classes fills in each roles: which should not ever be allowed in a healthy competitive game design

@Burnfall.9573 said:Let me ask you a question: Guardian- is a healer/support class, your excuse to nerf it, is because it does its job?

To be honest, if i was in charge of the design team: i would give Guardians all the necessary tools to be top healers+top support class in the game.

The problem lies in when classes fills in each roles: which should not ever be allowed in a healthy competitive game design

What kind of dumb philosophy is making one support build clearly the best? There are other ways to run pure support builds too, that offer little else, what are they, chopped liver?

There aren't enough roles for all 9 professions to be the best at a role. :expressionless:

I'm a Guardian I'm entitled to be the best support, coz RP reasons!

Maybe you're thinking of another RPG? Nobody in GW2 wants to play a game where the Mage/Rogue/Warrior/Cleric archetypes are all you need, and the offbeat archetypes are side-show-cannon-fodder

@Chaith.8256 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:Let me ask you a question: Guardian- is a healer/support class, your excuse to nerf it, is because it does its job?

What kind of dumb philosophy is making one support build clearly the best? There are other ways to run pure support builds too, that offer little else, what are they, chopped liver?

There aren't enough roles for all 9 professions to be the best at a role. :expressionless:

Quaggan doesn't think it's Firebrand who shutdowns other supporters completly, but Scrooge and Mirage, they usualy don't have enough cleanse to do their job (Revenant), and if they go for cleanse they lack actual support they are supposed to provide (Tempest). Quaggan would rather buff Revenant condi cleanse and Tempest here and there rather than nerf Firebrand healing/cleanse, obviously Firebrand should lose some boon duration (e.g. stability uptime).

@Genesis.5169 said:I'm surprised a scourge didn't come and ruin you day corrupting all your boons, or people didn't just come out of nowhere and cc you to death. Because thats what happens when my team see's bunker and support fb, we send the necro then we receive one free dead paladin.

FB can do a pretty good job of keeping pace with scourge conditions, even with corrupts. It can’t necessarily 1 v 3 with 3 scourges or anything, but as long as you’re being somewhat conscious of where you’re standing and don’t contemplation of purity right into corrupts, it’s not that bad.

Firebrand is only reasonable because it keeps pace against Scourge. FB should be nerfed, but scourge condi production/corruption needs to be toned down at the same time.

@Genesis.5169 said:I'm surprised a scourge didn't come and ruin you day corrupting all your boons, or people didn't just come out of nowhere and cc you to death. Because thats what happens when my team see's bunker and support fb, we send the necro then we receive one free dead paladin.

Firebrand has enough condi cleanse to deal with a single scourge. You'd need two boon-corrupters or heavy condi bombs at once to down a firebrand running that bunker/support build.

@NeedCoffee.1402 said:

I disagree. SB was completely OP before nerf, almost every single streamer complained how Full Counter was doing too many things at once. In it's current state it is still meta. Pretending like it's in top 3 is wrong (fb, sc and mirage......) but it is definitely the 4th. Warrior is very powerful, probably the 2nd best 1v1 class right now, just after mirage, which is currently broken. Only reason druid is better is cause it can do more things than just 1v1, in case where a mirage stomps them hard.Last thing, everyone is crying about mirage, everyone knows that 10+ stacks under 1s is pretty stupid.

You have to give ground to the Scourge generally and yield point, standing in the AoE's of death will get you killed quickly enough as a FB. Any decent bursty power build that can strip prot has a good chance of blowing up a FB as well.

But yes I think it could use some tweaking, but then, so could a lot of classes. Balance atm is pretty rubbish for a competitive game mode.

Archived