No rewards, not a serious ranking system, many lags

Senqu.8054

I know the WvW community is trying to get more rewards since 5 years but here i go again for a small post.

Slowly its getting ridiculous, if i play WvW and have to buy bufffood i lose gold while playing. For real ANet if you realy want to piss of players you just have to let them pay to play. Yes there is bufffood wich can be bought with the wvw-currency but as if this would be the best solution.

If you win you get 3 more chests for winning against two other servers. I mean what have you thought at this time? Sometimes it feels like you guys dont even play your own game from time to time or you are just a bunch of pve guys that go in wvw only to zerg for an hour or two per week.

You cant take the WvW ranking system serious because first of all without rewards there is no reason to win and second why should you win if you have to play vs the same servers again and again and again. (Poor Gandara is playing against BaruchBay for the wich hundredth time in a row?) it got even so far that servers just do nothing one week to not fight against this servers again. So me as a roamer has to wait one week before i can play again for the servers. In this week there is nothing - only big blob fights at grass fields.

And what is getting really out of hand these days are the lags. Since some weeks i have lagspikes simultaneously with my group members and there is not a single reason for it. I mean how can it lag at times like 4/5 am or 13 pm there are not even enough players to fight how can it lag??

For gods sake the ONLY reason why we are here after all this bullshit is because of the totally awesome classes and fightingsystem GuildWars2 offers us but if you dont stop that lagging and absolutely not rewarding players i swear this game will die.

P.S. there was a request to implement wvw stuff like towerskins in the gemstore - awesome idea, if you want to make money anet do something like this and not that rng lootboxes wich showed us that we will no longer follow you in this direction if there will be more

I see the people are focusing on the bufffood part but that was not my point. Bufffood isnt that expensive but there is the problem. If you buy Bufffood you arent making enough gold out of the rewards to even exist in GW2. There are Weeks in wich i only play WvW and the only gold i make is out of trading.

And again if you win against 2 servers the stuff you get is by far under any acceptable line. The rewardtracks in PvP got an update to. As i told you there isnt even a reason for servers to win a match because why win if there is no benefit from it. No you even get punished by staying at T1 with the same servers again and again.

In PvE you can make like 20g per hour tell me you do the same in wvw. Even if you just play a little bit and dont grind like an korean professional you can make 10g/hour in pve. Compared to the effort you have to do to get this amount of gold in WvW is ridiculous.

I know how i get my gold in wvw you dont have to explain me this and as i mentioned i also know that there is "free food". But why accept it that the gold you drain out of wvw is so low? Its like to surender and say "better we get something then nothing". And where is this mentalitly coming from to accept something like that.

Sorry..., Have to fully disagree.

There was a time that your post would be accurate as written. If you are spending more to play WvW, then you are either trashing (and not salvaging) your loot, not hitting nodes after taking a structure, or are completly ignoring your reward track.

When you had to pay for tower and keep upgrades, etc, then I would have agreed with you.

If you are not at LEAST breaking even, you are doing it wrong.

Now, could there be a buff to rewards? I don't care. But you aren't losing money in WvW.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Sorry..., Have to fully disagree.

There was a time that your post would be accurate as written. If you are spending more to play WvW, then you are either trashing (and not salvaging) your loot, not hitting nodes after taking a structure, or are completly ignoring your reward track.

When you had to pay for tower and keep upgrades, etc, then I would have agreed with you.

Now, could there be a buff to rewards? I don't care. But you aren't losing money in WvW.

ok it was a little bit exaggerated to say you lose gold but tell me please how you make even more then 5g/hour in wvw( i realy wanna know cause my whole guild isnt doin this amount of gold you are talking about in wvw and they are building the like 4th legendary from pvp reward gold)

Yes it is not about the gold in wvw but serious how can you deny that there is a problem if in T1 T2 Matchups there is not a single guild that is taking ranking serious anymore because there is 0 incentive to win

And what the heck guys its not all about if i can buy buffood with that money or not it was just an example to explain the problem and was only in ONE fucking sentence of this post.

@xDudisx.5914 said:The reward are not that bad. Compared to pve it is trash, but compared to old wvw it is much better.

You can buy generic food with badges of honor. You get rewards from tracks, from pip chests, from rank up chests and from killing enemy players and NPCs.

i spend more time emptying the bags than playing ._. ive even ofered some mats to help players making legendaries(i dont do crafting in gw2) so i can empty bags faster.

Reward Chest for looking right sideReward chest for walkingReward chest while afkReward chest of the reward chestThis is what playing WvW feels like..... imo its a bad reward system, unorganized rewarding players way to much, mostly with useless stuff.

Wish there was a way to disable reward tracks....

@Senqu.8054 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Sorry..., Have to fully disagree.

ok it was a little bit exaggerated to say you lose gold but tell me please how you make even more then 5g/hour in wvw( i realy wanna know cause my whole guild isnt doin this amount of gold you are talking about in wvw and they are building the like 4th legendary from pvp reward gold)

Yes it is not about the gold in wvw but serious how can you deny that there is a problem if in T1 T2 Matchups there is not a single guild that is taking ranking serious anymore because there is 0 incentive to win

And what the heck guys its not all about if i can buy buffood with that money or not it was just an example to explain the problem and was only in ONE kitten sentence of this post.

Lol... wasn't trying to trash you and if you note, my post mentioned people wouldn't mind buffing some of the rewards: like the repeatable diamond chests, maybe adding mystic coins to that,

But truly, most of us who have played since you lost money in WvW realize that the buffs to our rewards have been good.

And there is no server as a whole who believes that winning your week is no more than coverage. The rewards need to be more systemic than that. Put them in rank up chests, put it in skirmish chests, award an extra chest for people in a skirmish who 'win' but are only there for the whole skirmish, (similar to a meta event in open world)

But winning a week is only defined by coverage and tanking.

OP, you're totally off base. If this was a year ago, I'd agree. We've been bitching about rewards for the longest time and especially outraged when PvP got their pip system and nothing for WvW, for like 6 months or so for them to catch up.

But we DID get the skirmish/pip system. That's a lot of stuff. You get legendary/ascended gear for doing nothing but playing. They also increased the drop rate from kills. They also added a lot more stuff we can buy with heroics and badges, allowing us to almost never enter PvE. We have reward tracks which gives us a ton of stuff. We have the portable provisioner which gives us T5 food. Superior siege we can buy with badges and are in reward tracks. You can sell that stuff for a decent amount if you don't use it. I make a ton of gold when I play and can easily afford T6 food, but if it's really a big deal, you can do T5 for a slight decrease if it isn't account bound stuff. You get bonus chest for event copletions, which if you're on an active map, is quite frequent. So, yeah, totally off base.

Winning an over all match is for bragging rights, not for a bouncy chest. Winning throughout the week also give you lots of stat buffs. I don't think there could be anything they could offer that could equal a whole weeks worth of work to ensure a win (all things being equal, which I'm well aware it isn't).

Regarding lag, that's a different issue. A lot of folks thinks it them swapping to Amazon servers in VA. Who knows.

@Senqu.8054 said:I see the people are focusing on the bufffood part but that was not my point. Bufffood isnt that expensive but there is the problem. If you buy Bufffood you arent making enough gold out of the rewards to even exist in GW2. There are Weeks in wich i only play WvW and the only gold i make is out of trading.

And again if you win against 2 servers the stuff you get is by far under any acceptable line. The rewardtracks in PvP got an update to. As i told you there isnt even a reason for servers to win a match because why win if there is no benefit from it. No you even get punished by staying at T1 with the same servers again and again.

In PvE you can make like 20g per hour tell me you do the same in wvw. Even if you just play a little bit and dont grind like an korean professional you can make 10g/hour in pve. Compared to the effort you have to do to get this amount of gold in WvW is ridiculous.

I know how i get my gold in wvw you dont have to explain me this and as i mentioned i also know that there is "free food". But why accept it that the gold you drain out of wvw is so low? Its like to surender and say "better we get something then nothing". And where is this mentalitly coming from to accept something like that.

We have been focusing in food because you spent a good amount of your OP talking about it. Lots of people don't even know they can get free T5 food.

Look, if you want to make 20G / hour, go to pve. Run around a circle in silverwastes digging up chests for 3 hours. To me, and every WvW player, that sounds like something we'd do if we were in a CIA blacksite. I think we'd like to be entertained and have fun while making 5-10 G / hour. I have multiple legendaries and spend 90% of my time in WvW. Try looking to crafting to make gold. It's passive and you can play WvW while your stuff sits on the TP. PvE is not the only way to make gold in this game.And look, if you're a solo roamer and hardly flip stuff and maybe run into one enemy every half hour, then yeah, you're gonna be not making much. We don't know how you play.

@Spurnshadow.3678 said:We have been focusing in food because you spent a good amount of your OP talking about it. Lots of people don't even know they can get free T5 food.

Look, if you want to make 20G / hour, go to pve. Run around a circle in silverwastes digging up chests for 3 hours. To me, and every WvW player, that sounds like >something we'd do if we were in a CIA blacksite. I think we'd like to be entertained and have fun while making 5-10 G / hour. I have multiple legendaries and spend 90% of >my time in WvW. Try looking to crafting to make gold. It's passive and you can play WvW while your stuff sits on the TP. PvE is not the only way to make gold in this >game.And look, if you're a solo roamer and hardly flip stuff and maybe run into one enemy every half hour, then yeah, you're gonna be not making much. We don't know how >you play.

I have mentioned bufffood in ONE sentence if i see this correctly i havent focused on it, you did. But i think i have to defend myself from stuff like "you know you can buy food for free" etc...

Look its not about i want to get as much stuff out of WvW as i get in PvE or PvP its just that i want to get more (maybe not the amount but the things you get are just crap so better things would be okey maybe?!) , if we compare PvE PvP and WvW, WvW is by FAR the worst of all 3. If you win an at you get 25g sometimes you just have to enroll to get 15g. Basically you get gold from everything and the mount is not bad. PvP rewards also got an update because they have been to low and i think they should do it for WvW too.

And to say "yes if you Blob 24/7 you can also make enough money" is bullshit; 10g/hour is just fantasy, WvW is not get the map full and try to make a battle as huge as possible. We are often a group of 10 players (me and my mates) and we all enjoy fights even outnumbered 10v20 or higher can be won, god damn some guilds run away because they see our tag, but where is the reward? I win vs 20 players, get a keep and get what after 30-60 mins fight? a chest with crap hahaha come on mates. Yes the fight was awesome and the best gameplay i can imagine (dont look at balance pls right now..) but why is it wrong to want something for the effort we have done?

And as i sayed in the last half year at the same time i played WvW my PvP mates build 4 Legendarys out of PvP rewards ( and i dont mean all together i mean there are are dudes with 4 more legys in their wardrobe).

And again guys, if you want to make the rankingsystem serious again, you have to reward players for winning the week. I talked alot with players and it went so far that the servers not even want to win anymore because there is nothing to win for. Vabbi is GvGing one week without even trying to cap something because they dont want a matchup with Baruch or Piken.

You get 365 tickets a week for diamond chests - 1310 for a full ascended set. After that you can get a full legendary set in less than 6 months (I'm currently 4/6).
You get a shitload of badges to gear up with exotics and test out builds. You get currency that can be used to buy any sigils or runes you cant find in the TP.

You dont necessarily have to be in a zerg to participate in big fights either, there is always the possibilty of tagging and finishing off downs (hugely useful to give your teammates an advantage in the rally-war).

If you roam efficiently, you get nodes and bags constantly around the maps.Every day after my guild's done raiding (usually 6 people or so) I have to spend 5 mins opening chests and cleaning out my bags, cause I get a LOT of stuff. Is a lot of it trash? Yes, it is, but its sellable trash that makes me some gold (at least enough to buy any food i need for WvW).

The only thing I would honestly add to the pip tracks or reward tracks is grandmaster marks. Because PvP has them, so why shouldnt we have them. Other than that I think the rewards are pretty damn fair.

@Strages.2950 said:You get 365 tickets a week for diamond chests - 1310 for a full ascended set. After that you can get a full legendary set in less than 6 months (I'm currently 4/6).

You get a shitload of badges to gear up with exotics and test out builds. You get currency that can be used to buy any sigils or runes you cant find in the TP.

You dont necessarily have to be in a zerg to participate in big fights either, there is always the possibilty of tagging and finishing off downs (hugely useful to give your teammates an advantage in the rally-war).

If you roam efficiently, you get nodes and bags constantly around the maps.Every day after my guild's done raiding (usually 6 people or so) I have to spend 5 mins opening chests and cleaning out my bags, cause I get a LOT of stuff. Is a lot of it trash? Yes, it is, but its sellable trash that makes me some gold (at least enough to buy any food i need for WvW).

The only thing I would honestly add to the pip tracks or reward tracks is grandmaster marks. Because PvP has them, so why shouldnt we have them. Other than that I think the rewards are pretty kitten fair.

Lot of this stuff you mentioned are in my opinion basic. You need an option for players to get ascending gear, you need an option to get exotic (wasnt it the Filosophie of ANet that you can play everything you want you should be able to get everything you can get in other gamemodes?) but still, if we compare it to the other game modes you get free ascending drops at fractals like there is no tomorrow, there are players that have chars with all inventorybags full of ascending chests because they drop so often. You get free marks at PvP, as you mentioned but you also get free gold at pvp. You can think that the drops you get in WvW are compensation that but thats not true. The Goldrewards in PvP are pretty amazing tbh. And what if you dont need any ascending gear anymore? I mean i have like 10 ascending armorsets now why should i need more? And In WvW you even have to pay for that in every other gamemode you can get that gear without crafting it (just an example) and if you wanna craft the marks you cant sell the materials and dont make gold anymore..

...After i hold consultation with some mates ingame they all sayed the rewardsystem is pure shit in relation to the other gamemodes and they are players with 10k+ playtime and winning a lot of ATs. They told me: "whats the point of winning outnumbered when you can go to PvP have fair fights and get a ton of gold" on paper maybe the rewards look good because you are used to get nothing from wvw but in the end WvW rewards are behinde the other two gamemodes

Archived