Could it be...

Methuselah.4376

...that Anet are so obsessed with necromancer not being overpowered (which results in it being nerfed to hell and back) because they are actually don't want to seem biased for it?Hear me out.First Elder Dragon we're introduced to is Zhaitan, who is basically the necromancer of the Elder Dragons. We have Palawa Joko, a powerful lich (and necromancer by proxy) who has conquered all of Elona and considered powerful enough to be treated with by a god (albeit fallen one). The leader of the pact until the end of Heart of Thorns was a necromancer. One of our most valued allies is a necromancer. The biggest enemy of the first ever Guild Wars campaign was a lich (again, necromancer). So could it be, so as not to seem that they favour the necromancer, Anet is always more worried about necromancer's "balance" due to the game already having a relatively prevalent necromantic presence?Or....I am just bored and reaching....

Well yes anet have a necromancer's fetish and as a "dark mage" it's always the perfect villain. However, anet is not overly fixated over balancing the necromancer, Anet is fixated over a specific design of the necromancer and try to make it work into the game. They want the necromancer to be the bane of boon junky professions (well they may have gone to far with scourge ;) ) and want the necromancer to be the key of your team's condition management, cleansing your allies, spreading their conditions... At first the boon corrupting role was anecdotic bt with HoT it gained more and more weight, as for the condition management... It just doesn't work. All of this in PvE has meant close to nothing since release, even the overbuffed tools of the scourge see barely any use in this gamemode.

The necromancer is a vilain designed to be hated by other professions in PvP/WvW and brushed off in PvE. The issue is not balance or a lack of "love" from anet, the issue is in the role that anet dream that the necromancer will fill. This role is just not needed and every buff to the tools that this role have make the necromancer more hatefull in the eyes of the other professions.

There is probably a lot of thought put into the necromancer by anet but all of those thought work at making it something that won't satisfy both the necromancer's players and the other professions. This design is just to much of an oddball. All the boon corruption might be a designed medecine aimed at curing an excess of boons but one should never forget that all medecines are toxics if you take to much of them. The same way, taking medecine that is not needed will never do you any good and the condition management role is an unneeded underperforming medecine, they can feed as much of it to the necromancer as they want it won't do it any good.

There is just a need for anet to reduce the toxicity of the medecines they fed to the necromancer and give it a different medecine in proper quantity so that it could finally find a proper role that is not only being the guy that you will hate for being here. Anet love the picture of the necromancer that is at the basis of the design of the profession and try it's very best to make us love it as well, however this picture does not fit the game they created. I thought that with e-spec they would be able to expand a bit this design but let be honest, with each e-spec they release for the necromancer they continue to go down further into the same old failure of a design.

It's not that they don't like it, they love it! It's just that they are blinded by their love and refuse to admit their own errors and try something different that will fit better in their game.

@"Methuselah.4376" said:...that Anet are so obsessed with necromancer not being overpowered (which results in it being nerfed to hell and back) because they are actually don't want to seem biased for it?Hear me out.First Elder Dragon we're introduced to is Zhaitan, who is basically the necromancer of the Elder Dragons. We have Palawa Joko, a powerful lich (and necromancer by proxy) who has conquered all of Elona and considered powerful enough to be treated with by a god (albeit fallen one). The leader of the pact until the end of Heart of Thorns was a necromancer. One of our most valued allies is a necromancer. The biggest enemy of the first ever Guild Wars campaign was a lich (again, necromancer). So could it be, so as not to seem that they favour the necromancer, Anet is always more worried about necromancer's "balance" due to the game already having a relatively prevalent necromantic presence?Or....I am just bored and reaching....

I have made them all (except an engineer) and leveled them to 80 with ascended and the odd legendary. Trust me the only profession bias Anet has is the ranger--- they hate , ignore and provide useless elite skills that make necro nerfs pale by comparison.

@Blude.6812 said:

@"Methuselah.4376" said:...that Anet are so obsessed with necromancer not being overpowered (which results in it being nerfed to hell and back) because they are actually don't want to seem biased for it?Hear me out.First Elder Dragon we're introduced to is Zhaitan, who is basically the necromancer of the Elder Dragons. We have Palawa Joko, a powerful lich (and necromancer by proxy) who has conquered all of Elona and considered powerful enough to be treated with by a god (albeit fallen one). The leader of the pact until the end of Heart of Thorns was a necromancer. One of our most valued allies is a necromancer. The biggest enemy of the first ever Guild Wars campaign was a lich (again, necromancer). So could it be, so as not to seem that they favour the necromancer, Anet is always more worried about necromancer's "balance" due to the game already having a relatively prevalent necromantic presence?Or....I am just bored and reaching....

I have made them all (except an engineer) and leveled them to 80 with ascended and the odd legendary. Trust me the only profession bias Anet has is the ranger--- they hate , ignore and provide useless elite skills that make necro nerfs pale by comparison.

"ranger"... "useless elite skills"... lol...

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@Kain Francois.4328 said:I still think they are nerfing us to compensate for when people were running full necro teams as the meta in GW1. It got pretty ridiculous.

What's stopping us now, if full Necromancer teams work for T4 Fractals then maybe we should make exclusive Necromancer Raids?

Least I'd be able to get in a raid group then. Lol

@Khailyn.6248 said:

@Hesacon.8735 said:Traehearne was a reaper before reapers were a thing with caladbolg.

Marjory would be the first Reaper. Traehearne basically had the longest duration enviromental weapon in the game with Caladbolg. It gives the wielder the same abilities regardless of who carries it.

Not anymore it doesn't :p

Archived