Are PoF Specs Going to Be Allowed into Ranked Mid Season?

narcx.3570

I don't know how to feel about this, on one hand it's going to be incrediblt chaotic; a good chunk of people wont know what the hell they're playing or playing against. Not to mention these specs haven't been appropriately tuned yet and a sleeper build could break pvp in half.

On the other hand that sounds fun lol.

It is strange they are doing this, but you must remember PvP has its own schedule now instead being constricted by expansion scheduling.

So we end up with situations like this.

Still, adapting is also a skill, and so it can't be considered unfair to have changes to skills done mid-season. In fact I'd prefer if we had some balance hotfixes for a few things that are found to be too much once in a while, instead waiting to the next season.

As for having new skills, it isn't much more unfair than when a HoT player can do things a core-only player can't. It's a side-effect of having profession content encapsulated in expansions.

@Havok.6073 said:Spellbreakers don't corrupt any boon. Please learn about the class you want to whine about before you actually do.

To be fair I said "breakers/scourges corrupting boons" affixing the corruption to the scourges, I originally had it "breakers/scourges stripping/corrupting boons," but that felt clunky... I get that it sounded like they both do it though now. But thanks for calling out semantics, that was the important part--not the fact that rev's don't have cleanse and won't be able to hide behind resistance anymore.

I sure hope so!! I'm finishing placements now waiting for leg armor hunters to go hunt their amazing mounts so I can play new specs with real pvp players (specially important in the start of the season) now everything seems a little more stable (hunters have ended their journey for pvp league tickets), so I decided to make my placements... Well I was playing in my wifes account, and tbh was kind of mad ppl I was crossing in the season start... So prolly I will have almost full season in new spec XD...

You mean you dont want to have finally fun in PvP, not meeting same few broken builds over and over again ?Personally, during the PvP demo I had more fun in PvP than for the last year, since everyone was playing something new and fresh and I did not know what enemy is gonna do (and I dont mean I know every single skill in order that will an enemy use, but in general how he will play). I just love this "wild west" in pvp :D

@Ithilwen.1529 said:It seems that they are. Personally, I question the thinking behind that move.

It's a smart move on their end, allows them to collect more data about how PoF affects balance so they can start tweaking the classes sooner. Based on current posts... if things stay the way they are Ventari will get the nerfbat for sure. They'll be watching thief closely to see if it's mainly a ltp issue people are having or if it's the evil demon thief people who run full zerk and no condi clear think it is. It'll let them know if any of the new specs are so disfavored in PvP that they need to take a closer look at them mid-season rather than waiting another full season to have results.

Archived