Abbadon, Domain of Anguish and other speculations

Sombra.3246

Dear Players,

Before the Path of Fire expansion I was speculating that we were going to get to see margonites and domain of anguish again. I have a feeling that just like Balthazar got his powers taken away from him, that Abbadon did not really die in Nightfall, but instead Abbadon's powers were taken and given to Kormir to take Abbadon's place as one of the six.

Abbadon was known as the God of secrets, and I bet he has some secrets up his sleeves. Abbadon could be using his occult knowledge to gain back power from the elder dragons to take back his place as a God and maybe even take revenge on the six.

What are your thoughts on this topic?Do you think Abbadon will be back in the upcoming living story episodes?Do you think Abbadon will be back in the upcoming expansion?Will we get to go back to Domain of Anguish?

Hopefully this post will give you all some food for thought.

I don't think we will see Abaddon (with 1 b and 2 d) ever again. He was stated to be 100% dead and it would be really bad writing imo to bring him back.

Though as the god of secrets he created many powerful artifacts, some of which might still be in the realm of torment. I could totally see us going there to retrieve one such artifact and face Margonites, Titans and Demons in the process.

@Sombra.3246 said:I have a feeling that just like Balthazar got his powers taken away from him, that Abbadon did not really die in Nightfall, but instead Abbadon's powers were taken and given to Kormir to take Abbadon's place as one of the six.

Nope. Developers have stated a multitude of times that Abaddon is dead for good.

Hell, we're told his body broke up, the same way we witness Balthazar's body breaking up at the end of PoF.

Besides this, Path of Fire already settles the topic of Abaddon's influence. It's been receding, and what remains has been getting turned into the sand jackals. This would not be possible if Abaddon lived; even imprisoned, his influence had been spreading out of the Mouth of Torment for 1,076 years. The Sand Jackals are "all that's left" of the Margonites.

Abaddon's story couldn't be more closed now than ever before.

@Sombra.3246 said:What are your thoughts on this topic?Do you think Abbadon will be back in the upcoming living story episodes?Do you think Abbadon will be back in the upcoming expansion?Will we get to go back to Domain of Anguish?

• Let dead dogs lie. Besides, with how the lore's set up, without a massive retcon, the only way to bring Abaddon back is by having Kormir go mad. But that won't be Abaddon - that'll be Kormir going evil.
  • No.
  • No.
  • Maybe. Realm of Torment in general may be more likely. But if we do, it'll be via raid only.

@"Fenom.9457" said:Margonites have a decent chance to show up at some point given the relative freedom anet has with their fate right now. If nothing else, we could see an ancient structure or two in the unending ocean from when they ruled the seas

The Margonites are stated to be gone. The jackals are "all that remains" of them.

@Sombra.3246 said:Dear Players,

Before the Path of Fire expansion I was speculating that we were going to get to see margonites and domain of anguish again. I have a feeling that just like Balthazar got his powers taken away from him, that Abbadon did not really die in Nightfall, but instead Abbadon's powers were taken and given to Kormir to take Abbadon's place as one of the six.

Abbadon was known as the God of secrets, and I bet he has some secrets up his sleeves. Abbadon could be using his occult knowledge to gain back power from the elder dragons to take back his place as a God and maybe even take revenge on the six.

What are your thoughts on this topic?Do you think Abbadon will be back in the upcoming living story episodes?Do you think Abbadon will be back in the upcoming expansion?Will we get to go back to Domain of Anguish?

we have abaddon glider. may say that he's pulling strings

@Deli.1302 said:

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:The Margonites are stated to be gone. The jackals are "all that remains" of them.

Does that include the margonites in the mists?

Unclear but probably not, however given the events of Domain of Anguish it's pretty clear the Forgotten/Order of Whispers wiped out the Margonites in the Realm of Torment. If any were to survive, it'd have been those left in Tyria.

If and big if Abbadon is still around he has no body and is just a Spirit. He would need a new body built maybe like how the jackals are made and would of needed to collect a large amount of magic. But that would draw the ED's to him would it not? Could be said thats why Kralkatorik made a turn in his flight path.

@starhunter.6015 said:If and big if Abbadon is still around he has no body and is just a Spirit. He would need a new body built maybe like how the jackals are made and would of needed to collect a large amount of magic. But that would draw the ED's to him would it not? Could be said thats why Kralkatorik made a turn in his flight path.

Abbadon will use all his occult knowledge to collect a large amount of energies from the remaining dragons and use them to take his revenge on the 6 starting with Kormir.

@Tyson.5160 said:I could possibly see a single Margonite as a raid boss as in the very last margonite, much like a Lazarus sort of thing. There’s also possibility of seeing a fractal with Margonites in it.

A fractals or raid with Margonites would be awsome.

@Sombra.3246 said:Dear Players,

My thoughts on this topic is that there may be a chance that Abbadon is still alive even though Kormir seems to think Abbadon is dead, but the reality is never what it seems.I hope we will see Abbadon or Margonites in the upcoming living story episodes.No.Hopefully as a raid or fractal.

Archived