Gw1 vs Gw2

My personal experience in GW 1&2 as an old fart.

GW1 pvp:"Be aware, their spike is coming up"-clear lead up, purpose, goal... execute!-counter trough interrupt or damage control on lord/player-reaction time: 4 seconds to: interrupt, buff or deny trough clear profession roles or placement.-gj team

GW2 pvp:"Stuff happened and i am dead!"-something happened!-target someone!-"I targeted an enemy who somehow is downed too!" ping*-press all the buttons after channelling interrupt!-respawn

Gw2 pvp is more exciting though.. you can jump on things :)

@Shortage.5427 said:Literally this. I am playing Guardian with meditations and I play piano when a mesmer is trying to one shot me.

PvP in gw2 isn't about combos or tactics. It's about nuke damage.

I play medi guard as well and when I'm fighting mesmers I'm never playing piano. As a medi guard it helps if you have knowledge and experience with the mesmer though :)

@insaneseagull.7063 said:

@Shortage.5427 said:Literally this. I am playing Guardian with meditations and I play piano when a mesmer is trying to one shot me.

I play medi guard as well and when I'm fighting mesmers I'm never playing piano. As a medi guard it helps if you have knowledge and experience with the mesmer though :)

There a lot of different aspects and situations plz no cherry picking.

state of pvp is trash.

for starters explain me why in spvp some are way tougher to kill with the same builds than others. there players who comes and 1 shot you literally while others with same spec and runes take forever to kill you. anyone knows exactly the formulas and what affects what ?

Overall is a damage fest no strategies involve. Counter play is a joke because things happens so fast. You just spam buttons and if your lucky or have zero lag you might survive.

This is evident in the top players stream, that follow the same rotation all time and if something messes up they just die no tactics or counter play or anything just superior compos and mandatory strongest builds. In wvw is just pathetic whoever has the best gear 1 shots the other

@Vag.5682 said:state of pvp is trash.

for starters explain me why in spvp some are way tougher to kill with the same builds than others. there players who comes and 1 shot you literally while others with same spec and runes take forever to kill you. anyone knows exactly the formulas and what affects what ?

Overall is a damage fest no strategies involve. Counter play is a joke because things happens so fast. You just spam buttons and if your lucky or have zero lag you might survive.

This is evident in the top players stream, that follow the same rotation all time and if something messes up they just die no tactics or counter play or anything just superior compos and mandatory strongest builds. In wvw is just pathetic whoever has the best gear 1 shots the other

If anyone has trouble in a mirror (same build,same everything) fight then it's obvious that the party who struggles is worse than his opponent. There's no magic going on in mirror fights.

If anyone has trouble in a mirror (same build,same everything) fight then it's obvious that the party who struggles is worse than his opponent. There's no magic going on in mirror fights.

that's not what I meant.

Theres something not right when the same p/p spec thief dies n 2 sec form my warrior and another simply facetanking me without any problem in spvp.

but that's least of problems in pvp like everyone else said theres too much damage and too much condition spam.

also meta specs even for the classes that used to require skill is like a 2 button mass fest. Thief s/d now is like 2 -3-3 -2 and that's it just spam 3 and 2 to get away mesmer is like stealth to dodge to f1 and congratz 20 stacks of condi

@Rodzynald.5897 said:I just wish for Anet to realise that they won't make it work with no trinity at this point. Either trinity or a massive rework/reverse power creep.

but damage output is all that this game is about, players will QQ if they need to learm depth of the class mechanics or need to put real team effort... this is a game to troll and get carried only.

On gw1 u can kill a players as fast on gw2, still the skill required to do it and counter it is by miles of miles distant of each other, gw2 need to make that easy so pve'rs feel good in pvp momments.

EDIT: i just remmeber EoE bombing in gw1. xD, still more skilled and team play was needed than gw2 stuff, and extremelly easy to counter with a simple team split.

@ZhouX.8742 said:We get it , you're older and nostalgic about gw1 so you wanna re-live those days when you were younger playing it... Reality is though that gw1 had it's massive share of balance issues as well.

Every game has its balance issues, difference is in GW1 sometimes Anet put out more and better balance patches in a month than they do in a year now.

And most of the broken stuff had counters, unlike in GW2 where you can faceroll your way to the top and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

@witcher.3197 said:

@ZhouX.8742 said:We get it , you're older and nostalgic about gw1 so you wanna re-live those days when you were younger playing it... Reality is though that gw1 had it's massive share of balance issues as well.

Every game has its balance issues, difference is in GW1 sometimes Anet put out more and better balance patches in a
month
than they do in a
year
now.

And most of the broken stuff had counters, unlike in GW2 where you can faceroll your way to the top and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Spot on, there is no MMORPG game without balancing issues, but some of those issues can be just countered with skill and reason. Some stuff in games is OP but OP in one game does not equal OP in the other game. I remember weird stuff back at WoW for being overpowered, but you could work around it pretty quickly and often. Here? OP dictates the meta and you can't really do much about it but play the meta itself.

true, nothing will ever come close to the awesome experience of holding the walls of Fort Aspenwood as a ranger :+1:in Gw1 being high up caused your arrows to travel further and do more damage,i really wish that survived into GW2 but alas, you gain no benefit from high ground here.

@"Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046" said:My personal experience in GW 1&2 as an old fart.

GW1 pvp:"Be aware, their spike is coming up"-clear lead up, purpose, goal... execute!-counter trough interrupt or damage control on lord/player-reaction time: 4 seconds to: interrupt, buff or deny trough clear profession roles or placement.-gj team

GW2 pvp:"Stuff happened and i am dead!"-something happened!-target someone!-"I targeted an enemy who somehow is downed too!" ping*-press all the buttons after channelling interrupt!-respawn

Gw2 pvp is more exciting though.. you can jump on things :)

AIGdvSZ.jpg

When can ppl finally get over gw1 when even gw2 is over 5 years old already...

@Shortage.5427 said:

There a lot of different aspects and situations plz no cherry picking.

Weaver says hi. I've also played Mesmer last season.

Mirage - Calculated, but not 100% sure what your doing keyboard spamWeaver - Keyboard spam but you know what your doing... Maybe.

Luckily you see more condi mes, than the 1 shot power mes variety.

Archived