Sindrener - Primal Instinct (wvw thief S/D 1vX)

Sindrener.1592

@Fatal Frame.9568 said:Great vid, I really love your playstyle. As a predominantly D/P player, I find it really hard to adapt to S/D. Is there any chance you'll release a guide or a tips and tricks video? Because I know I would find that incredibly useful and possibly others too.

Ugh god I just can't resist. Tips and tricks for S/D is to spam evades.

He does well because he understands what his opponent is going to do. That's true for every single build on every single class. Otherwise you eat their full damage and miss your damage.

@Fatal Frame.9568 said:Great vid, I really love your playstyle. As a predominantly D/P player, I find it really hard to adapt to S/D. Is there any chance you'll release a guide or a tips and tricks video? Because I know I would find that incredibly useful and possibly others too.

Ive thought about making a guide video many times i just never get to it

@Shirlias.8104 said:Very good plays, but Somehow is Clear the unbalancing of on target teleports ( being able to Kite enemies which can't teleport avoiding walls ) if your enemies don't have any.

Actually they added counterplay to sword 2 ports. Its used to be instant and a stunbreak ages ago. Fun Times.People will get used to how to fight S/D-thieves. Flanking strike aftercast still exists. What I really hate is that they added unblockable to flanking. its a prime example what is wrong with the game. Just adding blocks and unblockables in a race to make it spammier each time.

@Coronit.9432 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:Very good plays, but Somehow is Clear the unbalancing of on target teleports ( being able to Kite enemies which can't teleport avoiding walls ) if your enemies don't have any.

Actually they added counterplay to sword 2 ports. Its used to be instant and a stunbreak ages ago. Fun Times.People will get used to how to fight S/D-thieves. Flanking strike aftercast still exists. What I really hate is that they added unblockable to flanking. its a prime example what is wrong with the game. Just adding blocks and unblockables in a race to make it spammier each time.

It was never a stunbreak.

@Asur.9178 said:

@"Shirlias.8104" said:Very good plays, but Somehow is Clear the unbalancing of on target teleports ( being able to Kite enemies which can't teleport avoiding walls ) if your enemies don't have any.

It was never a stunbreak.

It was

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infiltrator%27s_Return

@DeceiverX.8361 said:Consistent and good stuff as always, but I'm just more astonished at how you weren't blobbed down in all that fighting near QL. Every time I try to pull that, the entire zerg just turns around and runs me down.

Big zergs in general tend to not chase roamers thankfully, unless you are actually on them. However I have had my fair share of people around 10+ like smaller groups that chase me for ages

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:I doubt you can get any more "sustain" from acro /DD. In fact you probably lose sustain from mug.

Thief doesn't have to be 100% damage oriented 100% of the time. We've already had this discussion elsewhere, but here are some bulletpoints from that discussion:

-UC, so you can reliably take Upper Hand instead of Don't Stop-10% Direct Damage Reduction-Extra dodge, for everything a dodge has to offer-Arguably the best "sustain" condi clear in the game-A larger heal on a very similar cooldown that gives you almost 2 dodges back.-Stealing to give you endurance-Health on every dodge

vs.

-2.5k hp from Mug

I'd say that amount of increased mitigation and clear adds to a very reasonable sum of sustain throughout a fight. Sure DA allows you to hit harder, and that's just super neat, I enjoy it often as well. Its just that you don't need to be DAMAGE DAMAGE DAMAGE all day err day. Sometimes it's fun to be a brawler in a longer fight.

@Turk.5460 said:

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:I doubt you can get any more "sustain" from acro /DD. In fact you probably lose sustain from mug.

Thief doesn't have to be 100% damage oriented 100% of the time. We've already had this discussion elsewhere, but here are some bulletpoints from that discussion:

-UC, so you can reliably take Upper Hand instead of Don't Stop-10% Direct Damage Reduction-Extra dodge, for everything a dodge has to offer-Arguably the best "sustain" condi clear in the game-A larger heal on a very similar cooldown that gives you almost 2 dodges back.-Stealing to give you endurance-Health on every dodge

vs.

-2.5k hp from Mug

I'd say that amount of increased mitigation and clear adds to a very reasonable sum of sustain throughout a fight. Sure DA allows you to hit harder, and that's just super neat, I enjoy it often as well. Its just that you don't need to be DAMAGE DAMAGE DAMAGE all day err day. Sometimes it's fun to be a brawler in a longer fight.

DA Provides, more than just Damage and a potent heal, it better mitigates Enemy healing, has added very reliable immob(also mitigates Enemy healing), and provides the opportunity of refreshing CDs for shared Skill categories (Withdraw and either Haste or RFI most commonly used)

I see the merit to what Turk is saying - especially when getting two steals into two gains of endurance which can do well in outnumbered group play to bait cooldowns etc., but I think such a build starts losing a little bit too much pressuring ability in the 1v1/solo situations. Stuff when played well in the small-scale scene is really, really durable since PoF to a point where optimized groups of 5 can just out-tank being hit by a group of 7 zerk builds infinitely. You might not die, but you're not going to kill much, either, save maybe other thieves or things built glassy. Double mug is several thousand damage at instant speed and several thousand health regained as well. At the very least, I'd go BD over UC and keep withdraw with weakness on crit to somewhat mirror what DA offers.

Archived