We better be getting good Reaper and Core changes.

Kam.4092

@ZyniX.3589 said:Last I heard they are killing off deathly chill which makes my current necro build unplayable.

I used to be against Deathly Chill, because I thought Scourge would be the Condition Elite. Now I'm scared they'll touch it, and break us.

Every good build we've had is always destroyed, yet other Professions have multiple Meta builds. I don't get it. They made a big scene saying how Scourge gives up Shroud to do more. Well to me, it looks like it does less now.

If they touch Deathly Chill, then we'll have Power Reaper, Condition Reaper, Condition Scourge, and Support Scourge all be worthless then.

They even had the nerve to say "hone your sand magics" or whatever. It's like how are we going to stay hyped after what we just read.

I just expect to log on tomorrow, unlock Scourge, then go to the Golems, try to see where DPS stands, then make a sad forum post here.

It has been this way since pre-launch. "Necro's get a unique condition called fear...only they have access to it."*footnote-except we also gave a better version to warriors, and thief can steal it from you, the stolen version lasts longer and is better.

This is basically Anet's take on our class. "You can have X, but not Y, cause having both makes you too strong."*looks at other classes - "You guys can have X and Y, and some Z, don't tell necro".

Deathly Chill. Currently, it deals a 3 stack for 8.25 secs. My guess is it will just be replaced or reduced to a single stack for 3-5 secs.

some good changes to core necro would be really nice. Maybe some more power stuff in spite and some more minion stuff in death. Best would be some more healing and support in blood. Maybe a grandmaster that lets us sacrifice shroud for outgoing healing or something.

DONT YOU DARE TOUCH DHUUMFIRE ANET!!!! DONT YOU DO IT!

I'm still pretty sure that the changes, if change there is, will heavily favor the scourge e-spec. I only hope that they won't kill the few things that keep the necromancer barely alive at this point. When I see how they handled their recent rework of the spite traitline, I can't help but shiver... When I see how they didn't forsee the upheaval that the VP change provocked, I can't help but sigh.

@Anchoku.8142 said:Reaper got a small power increase without affecting condi-Reaper. Not sure whether to feel relived that condi-Reaper is still available or frustrated that power-Reaper and core Necro are largely the same.

Scourge has no changes? Why did we even bother writing feedback on the beta weekends?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/2703/scourge-specialization-updates-for-the-path-of-fire-launch#latest

Those are the changes right there.

Core necro buffs were not the worse but probably lackluster, Reaper was buffed and Deathly Chill is still broken. I wonder if there's any point in dropping Viper Reaper for Scourge with these "changes".

@Lahm.7056 said:

@Anchoku.8142 said:Reaper got a small power increase without affecting condi-Reaper. Not sure whether to feel relived that condi-Reaper is still available or frustrated that power-Reaper and core Necro are largely the same.

Scourge has no changes? Why did we even bother writing feedback on the beta weekends?

Those are the changes right there.

Core necro buffs were not the worse but probably lackluster, Reaper was buffed and Deathly Chill is still broken. I wonder if there's any point in dropping Viper Reaper for Scourge with these "changes".

Well, they put plenty of "WvW unsplit balance with PvP" on the thief, they could have done that for Deathly chill. There are time when it's difficult to understand what they are doing with their balance patch.

Archived