Power Herald META!? FOR REV!?

feanor.4605

Not even close to realistic buffs for the benchmark. Full boon bar to jack up elder's force up to a 24% damage modifier as opposed to the 12% that is considered realistic plus glyph of empowerment for another 10% which is not used for realistic benchmarks. Taking just those two things into consideration your benchmark would put your benchmark a bit under 26k with what is considered "realistic buffs" for dps benchmarks, which is quite underwhelming when compared to other realistic benchmarks.

@Arkantos.7460 said:yea fighting golems

You obviously don’t understand the concept of what a benchmark is. It’s showing the dps potential of the build, not what you’ll get 100% of the time when fighting an actual raid boss. Plus it does pretty decent in raids since the rotation is not that hard and you just stick with the boss since mechanics aren’t a thing W1-W4.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, im deeply interested to play a revenant from 0 to the open world completions, dungeons and fractals. How should i level up and which traits or specs should i get first ? After i hit 80 which builds are viable for solo and group play, tbh i think both power and condi builds are viable if you know the essentials of your build. Would u recommend this build for my desires ?

@sevends.6504 said:Hello, im deeply interested to play a revenant from 0 to the open world completions, dungeons and fractals. How should i level up and which traits or specs should i get first ? After i hit 80 which builds are viable for solo and group play, tbh i think both power and condi builds are viable if you know the essentials of your build. Would u recommend this build for my desires ?

I'll try the best to explain.

Leveling is like any other class so you do you.Traits I would say Devastation->Invocation->Retribution->Salvation->Corruption. I say this because in leveling, power builds are generally faster and better.

Viable builds for Rev right now for PvE content (not including Open World) is really just Condi Renegade. Power Rev is very lackluster and doesn't offer anything to the group. With that said, I don't think condi Renegade is very good in fractals since most groups want to have power builds for that quick burst and clear the content faster. You can play Condi builds but fractals will take a bit slower.

I imagine that the real scenario DPS won't be too far off from the benchmark. Power rev doesn't have any ground based AoEs for enemies to walk out of, and the DPS rotation is really simple. The lifesteal from Devastation and Vengeful Hammers keeps the scholar bonus topped off. Other than dodging and heals, you'll be able to hit any enemy about as hard as you can hit the golem. For reference, when I did some quick tests I hit just shy of 28k with no food, so a benchmark of 29k is realistic if you've eaten soup recently.

There are... some issues with it, though. Since it requires shiro/jalis, you lose the invulnerability skill and all of the boon support that glint gives. Second, Impossible odds has an internal cooldown, which makes it so it doesn't cleave that well. Third, if you're running solo, it is much better to just go with glint and cap out your own boons. This puts power herald in an odd spot, where to run the best DPS spec you have to be in a group with good boon support, but then this leaves power herald as a terrible team option, since all it provides is Assassin's Presence and CC.

In fractals, though, power herald is a decent option for disorganized pugs that need the boon support.

I got a question guys

If the cost of energy for alacricity was lowered, would that help put heralds in a better place for raids? on qt it says the cost of energy is so great, its impossible to maintain for alacricity.

What else would be required for herald to be taken in raids for an example more often other than for deimos?

@Axl.8924

The alacrity thing you bring up puzzles me. Unless a group's Chrono is bad or there are some mechanics which make it difficult to keep alacrity up in a particular encounter, there should not be any reason for a Renegade to use f4 to give people alacrity in the first place. Could it help to lower the cost of f4? Probably, but that alone likely wouldn't be enough to change anything.

With respect to being included more often in raids, that has to do with which role the Rev would occupy. Support roles are already covered very well by Chrono and Druid and unless they get nerfed or Rev gets some way to grant a lot of quickness to the party, I really don't see them occupying one of their slots. I'd much rather see the two currently over-performing specs get nerfed than see Rev get buffed up to be just as ridiculous as they are. The other role, the one I find to be more likely to become useful some time in the future (two or three years, ha), is power dps. That, however, depends on whether or not ANet's balance team can figure out how to manage such a thing. They've said something about power Rev languishing behind other power builds and made an attempt at buffing it with the change to Impossible Odds (IO), but that hasn't helped at all and we don't even know if the team will do a heel-turn on their stated intentions in the next round of balance changes. That said, it might be possible to make power Herald desirable by just giving IO its damage modifier back in PvE.

What about the condi thing? I heard that condi upkeep is a problem with rev.How would you solve that? Wouldn't that require some mechanical changes to herald?

Then again, is it worth it when renegade already provides good dps in large and small targets? That is truly the biggest question.

@Axl.8924 said:I got a question guys

If the cost of energy for alacricity was lowered, would that help put heralds in a better place for raids? on qt it says the cost of energy is so great, its impossible to maintain for alacricity.

What else would be required for herald to be taken in raids for an example more often other than for deimos?

The only thing that would realistically put Heralds in a better spot for raiding would be a pretty major dps increase... You can almost rule out alacrity as a factor entirely since the only way to generate it as a Herald is to spend all of your energy overhealing the group. Maybe if they moved alacrity to be passively generated by Nature's Facet or something it would see some more realistic usage, but even then alacrity is only one piece of the puzzle. You'd still have to bring a FB for quickness spam and a druid for spirits/spotter, and now your composition is getting out-of-hand-crazy solely for the sake of bringing a Herald with.

So, the only two ways I realistically see Heralds getting back into the raid metacomp would be as a dps role (after some more buffs) or as a Naturalistic Resonance bot if anet decides to massively nerf concentration or something. I mean, I suppose there could be a massive overwork where they strip all the power out of druid spirits/spotter/GotL and the support game could change, but even then you'd probably still get more out of playing Renegade.

I think the most realistic route to make power rev meta in PvE is to buff some of the following (with possibility of PvP split):

1. Sword AA by 5% or so.
  2. Forceful Persistence, damage from 7% to 10%. Increase of 2% damage per 1 upkeep.
  3. Elder's Force from 2% damage per boon to 3% damage per boon.
  4. Increase Impossible Odds damage.
  5. Vicious Lacerations, damage while sword equipped from 2% to 3%.

I dunno of this is enough, or too much. The numbers can be adjusted.

I would really like to see glint get a lot more damage added to burst of strength, elemental blast, and chaotic release. Right now the DPS legend rotation is just swapping between two upkeeps in impossible odds and vengeful hammers. This is both kind of dull and also means we are stuck with horrible burst due to the overtime nature of upkeeps. Glint gives potential for a bit more interesting of a rotation and some actual burst but it's damage is just so underwhelming. Facet of elements is the only skill that is a DPS gain over auto attacking and it is only a mild one. Burst of strength is only good for spiking vulnerability which means very little in organized pve as it is so easy to cap; would love to see it lose some of the vuln for a sickem like buff if you land it so that it actually fulfills its purpose of letting you do a bit more damage for about 5 secs after landing it. Chaotic release has one of the most awesome animations in the game and is stuck as a dps loss to auto attacking because the damage to cast time ratio is incredibly low, this thing should be a nuke given the unmissable animation, huge cast time, and long cool down.

@otto.5684 said:I think the most realistic route to make power rev meta in PvE is to buff some of the following (with possibility of PvP split):

1. Sword AA by 5% or so.
  2. Forceful Persistence, damage from 7% to 10%. Increase of 2% damage per 1 upkeep.
  3. Elder's Force from 2% damage per boon to 3% damage per boon.
  4. Increase Impossible Odds damage.
  5. Vicious Lacerations, damage while sword equipped from 2% to 3%.

I dunno of this is enough, or too much. The numbers can be adjusted.

I think that would definitely help, but as @ArthurDent.9538 said, it would certainly be more enjoyable if they packed the damage into reworking/buffing active skills. I think that'd probably be how they would do it too, given the chrono and across the board trait reworks towards more active playstyles that they recently churned out.

At the very least tho, they need to put the passive damage modifier back onto Impossible Odds--in PvP too.

They need to drastically buff the damage while in Glint. It's actually the most active Legend if you actually make use of your Facet's secondary skills (Elemental Blast, Burst of Strength), for power at least. Meanwhile Jalis and Shiro are turn on your upkeep and spam sword 2 while auto-attacking.

Buff damage.Put a energy regen on a trait, like "+1regen (4s) on crit" or something like to not be ironically curb by Alacrity and quickness.Restore the +50% boon duration to allow more chrono and druid and other support DPS instead of harrier/commander/minstrel stuff

Just that, still trash tier but could be a greater support, Facet of Nature (and ~dragon stance) and Assassin's Presence are still strong.

Archived