Gossiping Charrs — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Gossiping Charrs

Alga.6498Alga.6498 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited March 13, 2018 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

I just love these racial gossip between two villagers near the docks, small detail that I love! :)

Humans; Talking about humans that are not from Elona, they are like "Humans outside Elona!? :scream:" :lol:
Asuras; Talking about they cant be trusted, disgusting little rats. (who can blame them?)
Norns; Big humans with awesome fighting skills... then the other Charr tells they're called Norns, from far South.
Charrs; Awesome fighting skills yet so nice and friendly towards their cubs.. drowling about how sexy our eyes, voice/laugh and our biceps are. :lol:
Sylvaris; They never knew about plants were able to talk, :lol:

Awesome detail, ANet! These kind of stuff makes me and alot of people smile, :)

| Separatist | Nightmare Court | Inquest | White Mantle | Sunspears | Loyalists | Ascalon | Kryta | Ebonhawke | Elona | Istan | Kourna | Vabbi | Cantha | Luxon | Kurzick | 71 characters | "Rally to me, Ascalonians!" "Keep Ascalon in your heart." "May the Gods protect you." "Be blessed by the Six."

Tagged:

Comments

• wahahahahaha.

Not specifically the docks, but I love the little gossip too, like the little old lady tourist asuras in the asura starting area chatting about restaurants, or the little message bot that you can follow around to a lot of dialogue between asuras of petty academic rivalries, accusations, silly inventions and asuras hitting on each other and failing

Where specifically can I find the little gossip you came upon? What are your favorite little gossip-dialogue-fun stuff you've seen, how can I find them ^^.

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Alga.6498 said:

Norns; Big humans with awesome fighting skills... then the other Charr tells they're called Norns, from far South.

spot the mistake

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13, 2018

@derd.6413 said:

@Alga.6498 said:

spot the mistake

Err... apparently immune to irony? Because I assume (I have not heard those lines myself, but will check them out right away) that this very error was the actual joke about the dialogue. ;)

My GW2 content charts: (1) LWS 4, (2) PoF , (3) Personal story (pre-Claw Island/Orr) , (4) LWS 2 , (5) HoT, (6) Orr campaign , (7) LWS 3

• Alga.6498Alga.6498 Member ✭✭✭✭

@derd.6413 said:

@Alga.6498 said:

spot the mistake

The #1 Charr did not know about Norns, so he called them big humans. #2 Charr said they are called Norns and they are from the far South.
    It's a joke for those who dont get this :tongue:

You can hear these two Charrs at the nearest WP at docks in their village. Check at the houses at the bunny jumping mountain. :)

| Separatist | Nightmare Court | Inquest | White Mantle | Sunspears | Loyalists | Ascalon | Kryta | Ebonhawke | Elona | Istan | Kourna | Vabbi | Cantha | Luxon | Kurzick | 71 characters | "Rally to me, Ascalonians!" "Keep Ascalon in your heart." "May the Gods protect you." "Be blessed by the Six."

@Alga.6498 said:

@derd.6413 said:

@Alga.6498 said:

spot the mistake

The #1 Charr did not know about Norns, so he called them big humans. #2 Charr said they are called Norns and they are from the far South.
    It's a joke for those who dont get this :tongue:

You can hear these two Charrs at the nearest WP at docks in their village. Check at the houses at the bunny jumping mountain. :)

he said from the far north

• @Alga.6498 said:
    Asuras; Talking about they cant be trusted, disgusting little rats. (who can blame them?)

And then they see you listening and shush the asura-hater. XD Kind of wish I could tell them it's okay, that given the circumstances I don't take it personally.

• Zedek.8932Zedek.8932 Member ✭✭✭

I reall> @Alga.6498 said:

I just love these racial gossip between two villagers near the docks, small detail that I love! :)

I do. For what can't we be trusted?

Aside from that, I still try to find that guy raging about Asura because the portals are so expensive and the other guy tells him to shut up. Apparently, the first guy lost at Polymock and got owned by some Asura there...

(After a short hiatus of GW2 and its universe I just realized how cool the Asura are)

Excelsior, my name is Zedexx; Asuran Deadeye and assassin.
    The Hunter / 2x Darksteel Pistols / 2x Whisper's Secret Daggers and my Springer. That's all I need and trust.
    "We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!"

• Leo G.4501Leo G.4501 Member ✭✭✭✭

I don't understand. What is this thread about?

• @Leo G.4501 said:
    I don't understand. What is this thread about?

Background chat in the Sandswept Isles, where the charr villagers comment on players with different remarks according to the player's species.

• Quarktastic.1027Quarktastic.1027 Member ✭✭✭

@derd.6413 said:

@Alga.6498 said:

spot the mistake

Assuming Tyria is a globe, not entirely incorrect.

• @Quarktastic.1027 said:

@derd.6413 said:

@Alga.6498 said:

spot the mistake

Flat Tyria theory!

edited March 15, 2018

@Quarktastic.1027 said:

@derd.6413 said:

@Alga.6498 said:

spot the mistake

x-files.mp3

• nathaniel.1573nathaniel.1573 Member ✭✭
    edited March 30, 2018

l love their gossiping on charrs <3
    https://imgur.com/a/ZOipF

• Leo G.4501Leo G.4501 Member ✭✭✭✭

@nathaniel.1573 said:

Is that a guy talking? Is he talking about your Charr? Is your Charr a female?

I didn't know they fixated on vanity muscles, I pegged the Charr to be all about those neck, traps and delts.

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Leo G.4501 said:

@nathaniel.1573 said:

I didn't know they fixated on vanity muscles, I pegged the Charr to be all about those neck, traps and delts.

Yup, it's the guy fawning over the Charr Commander. My guess is the conversation is gender-neutral (haven't fully tested).

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• Alga.6498Alga.6498 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@Leo G.4501 said:

@nathaniel.1573 said:

Yup, it's the guy fawning over the Charr Commander. My guess is the conversation is gender-neutral (haven't fully tested).

Yeah it is, I've tested that, which is pretty nice :D

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.