40% Endurance Gain Food

CantoGuy.6459

I wish my thief had invul spam. Hm spam. I like to eat spam. On the other hand, that food was more useful to me on other classes like my warr. It's not bad for my thief or mes but I'd prefer taking something else. I don't think it's quite permanent vigor though but it's high enough to be annoying yes. You have to play mind games with these people and lead them into making mistakes, it works with a majority of players and they hate getting outplayed and mind kittened. What class and build you using? Maybe some can advise how to take a thief/mes with the above food/high evade build. Don't give up, they can be killed.

@vaxjani.9073 said:I dont really think this food is a problem. Normal endurance regen is 5 endurance/s. With this food it becomes 7 endurance/s. Thats +2 endurance/s. So this food gives you effectively 1 more dodge every 25s, i dont think its that good.

But that measure endurance is trash.

Its the combination that counts. Tbh this should have been nerfed when they cleaned house on foods with % boon and condition duration. Probably 20%. Will this change anything overall? Nah.

@"vaxjani.9073" said:I dont really think this food is a problem. Normal endurance regen is 5 endurance/s. With this food it becomes 7 endurance/s. Thats +2 endurance/s. So this food gives you effectively 1 more dodge every 25s, i dont think its that good.

Combine that with actual vigor which most classes can keep at high uptime which can stack up to 100% regen rate so you'll be having around 10-12 energy regen meaning you can dodge every 4.2-5 seconds and this is on top of the absurd amount of SPAMMABLE dodge skills thief has access to as well as an evade heal, roll for initiative which lets you spam more evade weapons skills WHILE being an evade itself and bandits defense which is a low cooldown block, cc and stun break. I get that you can say "oh just time your skills at the end of their evade animation" well lets say I actually hit them with one of my abilities. Then they'll just port a ridiculous amount of times since their teleport ratio vs other classes is 5:1 along with near permanent stealth stacking via dagger pistol...but I don't want to derail this topic too much

@CantoGuy.6459 said:

@"vaxjani.9073" said:I dont really think this food is a problem. Normal endurance regen is 5 endurance/s. With this food it becomes 7 endurance/s. Thats +2 endurance/s. So this food gives you effectively 1 more dodge every 25s, i dont think its that good.

Combine that with actual vigor which most classes can keep at high uptime which can stack up to 100% regen rate so you'll be having around 10-12 energy regen meaning you can dodge every 4.2-5 seconds and this is on top of the absurd amount of SPAMMABLE dodge skills thief has access to as well as an evade heal, roll for initiative which lets you spam more evade weapons skills WHILE being an evade itself and bandits defense which is a low cooldown block, cc and stun break. I get that you can say "oh just time your skills at the end of their evade animation" well lets say I actually hit them with one of my abilities. Then they'll just port a ridiculous amount of times since their teleport ratio vs other classes is 5:1 along with near permanent stealth stacking via dagger pistol...but I don't want to derail this topic too much

Ok firstly it’s 40% endurance regen on the food and 50% on vigor, I know thief gets a trait to increase the effects of vigor but to everyone else they will only get up to 90% not 100% endurance regen.

Secondly at 100% endurance regen, which is a hard cap, it takes 5s to get a dodge back you cannot get more than 100% endurance regeneration so it’s literally impossible to get a dodge back every 4.2s without going for flat endurance regen effects like adventure runes or other skills which you didn’t state in your first premise that you can get a dodge back every 4.2s.

If most classes can get perma vigor as you say then why don’t they run the food too and everyone will have the same amount of dodges as mirage, thus levelling the playing field? I assume that because other people aren’t running +40% endurance regent food one of two things is true. Either there is better food and thus this isn’t as overpowered as claimed or people can easily deal with the effects of the food thus making it a moot point.

What you should all be complaining about is rune of the adventurer and it’s 6 piece 10s ICD, find yourself a 10-15s cool down heal and enjoy some pretty bonkers endurance regen. To put that in perspective if you use it every 20s it is the same as having 2.5 endurance come back every 1s, which is the same effect as vigor. Now imagine that on heals that are 15s or less and how this rune completely blows both vigor and the food away. Run withdraw/channel vigor or mirror especially when these skills are traited and you won’t ever run out of dodges.

The most annoying thing are condi thieves.Just perma spamdodge and apply more condis than a necro.In WvW they think they are skilled and after killing you they siege bm your corpse, like spamming dodges requires a huge brain to do that.

Of course you can time them and hit them, but 90% of the fight they evade. Seems like autoattack on some good players.

Fought one guy who was literally dodging every single skill, and when i thought: okay now he probably finished the dodges, I go for the attack, dodged it perfectly again.

Even dodge warriors are pretty annoying, but at least more counterable.

The food itself is not a big deal, but the problem is how certain profession can abuse it to a point to become a pure cancer.

@whoknocks.4935 said:The most annoying thing are condi thieves.Just perma spamdodge and apply more condis than a necro.

No. More stacks of the same condi, which can be cleared because it's just more stacks on the same icon, mainly poison and bleeding, yes, but not more than a necro who continuously spams a multitude of different condis very fast.

In WvW they think they are skilled and after killing you they siege bm your corpse, like spamming dodges requires a huge brain to do that.

Why do you even pay attention to that? :)

Fought one guy who was literally dodging every single skill, and when i thought: okay now he probably finished the dodges, I go for the attack, dodged it perfectly again.

Agreed, they definitely jump like bunnies on meth, not OK. Not healthy either.

The food itself is not a big deal, but the problem is how certain profession can abuse it to a point to become a pure cancer.

The food can help other professions survive more (an extra dodge for sure), but professions like thieves can definitely abuse it, so it should be just removed.

yeah, i see so many mesmers running, sigil of energy + this 40% increased endurance reg Food + rune of adventurer to get sooooooo many dodges. thiefes often use staff to spam skill 5 to dodge with their initiative too. its loughable that they also can do dmg with their endless number of dodges.

sigil of energy should get like in pvp -> only 25 endurance gainFood should decreased to 20% endurance reg

From what i understand dodge roll is not the same as iframs in this game so you can still get hit by some effects if your doing something like an attk during dodge roll you will get hit. Its not as safe to dodge roll as it seems. This food good for classes who cant make vigor but still wants a high dodge rate its when combined with stun brakes and other def effect when it can become a problem.

@Zero.3871 said:yeah, i see so many mesmers running, sigil of energy + this 40% increased endurance reg Food + rune of adventurer to get sooooooo many dodges. thiefes often use staff to spam skill 5 to dodge with their initiative too. its loughable that they also can do dmg with their endless number of dodges.

sigil of energy should get like in pvp -> only 25 endurance gainFood should decreased to 20% endurance reg

As i am roaming a lot ... this foord + energy sigil is thing only on mesmer.... maybe sometimes you met wariror might makes right, but after nerf its not that op :)Staff daredevil i didnt met that much... its clunky.... u cant really position good for vault + bound .... in group where more targets appear its better option...

Dont feel that this food is somehow OP, u have better options to use.

@CantoGuy.6459 said:There's already enough invulnerability spam in this game mode with thieves and mesmers being the worst offender...so why is there a food that literally gives permanent vigor? It's no fun fighting something that is immune to damage 80% of the time

OR.

They could just remove all food from every pvp environment.

No more fluffed condi duration

no more -20% damage

no more +endurance regen.

@intox.6347 said:

@Zero.3871 said:yeah, i see so many mesmers running, sigil of energy + this 40% increased endurance reg Food + rune of adventurer to get sooooooo many dodges. thiefes often use staff to spam skill 5 to dodge with their initiative too. its loughable that they also can do dmg with their endless number of dodges.

As i am roaming a lot ... this foord + energy sigil is thing only on mesmer.... maybe sometimes you met wariror might makes right, but after nerf its not that op :)Staff daredevil i didnt met that much... its clunky.... u cant really position good for vault + bound .... in group where more targets appear its better option...

hmm...a thief that dodges 40+ seconds permanently directly next to you and gives you 5k+ dmg with every dodge and you cannot kill him because of dodging...is very effective. and after dodges Ends, he uses his shortbow to ran away and you cannot chase him or kill him...maybe there are more effective builds. but this troll builds already hurt a lot so anet should nerf that. than more thiefes would Play serious builds.

@Zero.3871 said:

hmm...a thief that dodges 40+ seconds permanently directly next to you and gives you 5k+ dmg with every dodge and you cannot kill him because of dodging...is very effective. and after dodges Ends, he uses his shortbow to ran away and you cannot chase him or kill him...maybe there are more effective builds. but this troll builds already hurt a lot so anet should nerf that. than more thiefes would Play serious builds.

Im playing a lot of thief.... and staff acro thief from roaming is in same category as p/p thief, it can kill noobs or surprise somebody, cant compete with experience person on same level as d/p or s/d thief.Usable in group play ... where u not targeting bound+vault on one person.

@intox.6347 said:

Im playing a lot of thief.... and staff acro thief from roaming is in same category as p/p thief, it can kill noobs or surprise somebody, cant compete with experience person on same level as d/p or s/d thief.Usable in group play ... where u not targeting bound+vault on one person.

has nothing to do with noobs. if you Play necro you cannot escape from that thief and you only have 1 hard cc that can Interrupt him while dodging, and for that thief has tonnes of stunbreakers. there is no counterplay against that perma dodging for some classes...and every of that dodges crit with 5 k dmg. thats not less...

@Zero.3871 said:

has nothing to do with noobs. if you Play necro you cannot escape from that thief and you only have 1 hard cc that can Interrupt him while dodging, and for that thief has tonnes of stunbreakers. there is no counterplay against that perma dodging for some classes...and every of that dodges crit with 5 k dmg. thats not less...

If solo roaming too scary, get some allies.

@Justine.6351 said:

i had a wonderful class i EEEEZZZZZ 1 vs 7 EVERYTHING, called scourge first Iteration. but than People cried, OMG its OP. now scourge got tonned down... reaper is still shit, no nekro left for roaming and every other classes is boring because of 100000000000000000000000000000000000000 OHHHH SHIT Buttons that carry every noob in this game.so now i just want the same nerfs to other OP classes...

@CantoGuy.6459 said:

Does anyone in this thread know how % additions work?The real value is 60/70%

@Zero.3871 said:

i had a wonderful class i EEEEZZZZZ 1 vs 7 EVERYTHING, called scourge first Iteration. but than People cried, OMG its OP. now scourge got tonned down... reaper is still kitten, no nekro left for roaming and every other classes is boring because of 100000000000000000000000000000000000000 OHHHH kitten Buttons that carry every noob in this game.so now i just want the same nerfs to other OP classes...

nekro was not op for roaming and if you won 1 vs 7 on scourge, then it was just bad opponents. nekro did not get nerfed because of smallscale WvW, you demand now nerfs based on that tho, i dont think smallscale WvW was ever a reason to balance something.

@Zero.3871 said:

Staff acro thief met at roaming ? maybe 1 of 20 thieves. If on your server you fight with more staff thieves... then you know you play with bad enemies :)d/p interrupt thief can destroy necro just by headshot interrupt.Its hard to want from necro to be good roamer.... its now group meta... (scourge) ... reaper is just bad now for roam... once you try roam with reaper... u need to play on 140% and still you will loose against some classes playing on 40% ....

@barei.8967 said:

Does anyone in this thread know how % additions work?The real value is 60/70%

Actually this is false, base endurance regeneration isn’t a % over time but in fact a value, 5 units of endurance every 1s. So a 40% increase would regenerate 2 units of endurance every 1s for a total of 7 units in 1s. Vigor at 50% would add 2.5 units every 1s. What gets complicated is how the game adds them together and really I have no clue nor can I find out any info on it but it becomes almost a moot point as endurance regeneration is capped at 10 units per 1s and you get so close to it with the food and vigor.

This isn’t explained in game or very well in most places so I wouldn’t expect many to know it at all but thought you might like to know for the future. As for other skills and traits that affect endurance regen, you’d have to delve on the wiki and probably hunt down a lot of old forum posts because ANet is very confusing on terminology and inconsistent in many areas.

Archived