Unidentified Gear and "Salvage All"

Daharahj.1325

So turns out that if you want to only salvage your gear but not your unidentified gear you have to do it manually, which kinda sucks. I simply don't have the inventory space to open all these bags at once, so I have to do it by chunks.

I just spent a good 20 minutes cleaning up my inventory after 2~ hours of gameplay. And the recent change that excluded certain materials from "Deposit All" made it even worse.

Why don't you just salvage your unidentified gear you may ask, well I need items from these bags for achievements and you simply get more items because they benefit from Magic Find.

@Daharahj.1325 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:Put unidentified gear in an invisible bag. That way the gear will stack but won't salvage. Problem solved.

Thanks.

I still have to manually salvage whatever ends up in the invisible bag, but I guess this is better than nothing.

Would this work for you?

Step 1: Put UNID'd stack in invisible bagStep 2: Salvage all that's outside the invisible bagStep 3: Move UNID'd stack to normal bagStep 4: OpenStep 5: Salvage all

Just fill up the invisible bag with stuff you don't want to sell but want to keep with you. I put materials and stuff that won't deposit in the bank anymore and a few weapons and stuff for switching. And your salvage kits can go there too. Fill that bag up and everyting else will go to normal bags. Then just salvage all, with your UNIDs safe in the bag.

Putting unidentified in an invisible bag is still a PITA and an extra step that puts a wrench in the works for the salvage all option. When a player chooses the salvage all option it is for speed and convince. Having to move stuff around before doing so just slows things down, adds an extra step and more inventory management that wasn't there before. This was one of the main issues I had with the whole unidentified loot things from beta and it seems it is still an issue. I'm not sure what the solution is but it seems if you don't want to salvage unidentified now when selecting salvage all it just adds another step while you move things around. Not to mention not everyone has invisible bags so that is just another thing those that want to spare themselves from this have to buy to accommodate the function.

I don't know about others but my invisible bags are normally full from weapons and armor I swap to and don't want to accidentally sell or salvage, food and utility items and so forth, not for stuff that normally drops in game.

Maybe it works as intended for you, but salvage all was added as a QoL improvement. If you have to move the unidentified gear around before using this option the Quality of Life is less. Maybe ArenaNet could have thought of this and added an option to include/exclude unidentified gear in salvage all. That would have been a real QoL improvement :) But maybe they will in a few weeks when they have more time for these kind of small improvements.

@Daharahj.1325 said:So turns out that if you want to only salvage your gear but not your unidentified gear you have to do it manually, which kinda kitten. I simply don't have the inventory space to open all these bags at once, so I have to do it by chunks.

I just spent a good 20 minutes cleaning up my inventory after 2~ hours of gameplay. And the recent change that excluded certain materials from "Deposit All" made it even worse.

20 minutes? I say that is a gross exaggeration. If you are spending 20 minutes to left-click/drag/drop a stack(s) of unid to an invisible bag, then right-click salvage all, then run to the merchant and sell the sigils/runes you are doing someththing vastly wrong and you should really look at finding some way of improving your game. I'm not sure how it is even possible for it to take that long. I mean I can open/salvage/deposit/clear 1000 silverwastes bags in less time than that.

Seriously, you are complaining about a single left click and a drag and drop being a reduction in your QoL for an item that salvages into lots of materials with no runes/sigils also stacks to 250 and also can be turned into unique skins, collection items and rares/exotics. Smh.

20 minutes? I say that is a gross exaggeration. If you are spending 20 minutes to left-click/drag/drop a stack(s) of unid to an invisible bag, then right-click salvage all, then run to the merchant and sell the sigils/runes you are doing someththing vastly wrong and you should really look at finding some way of improving your game. I'm not sure how it is even possible for it to take that long. I mean I can open/salvage/deposit/clear 1000 silverwastes bags in less time than that.

I did not have an invisible bag at the time, and my inventory is fairly small. But I applaud your silverwastes bags opening skills, it's very impressive.

Seriously, you are complaining about a single left click and a drag and drop being a reduction in your QoL for an item that salvages into lots of materials with no runes/sigils also stacks to 250 and also can be turned into unique skins, collection items and rares/exotics. Smh.

Yes I was, because even if it's a good system, it could be improved. Consider my head shaken.

Archived